Colts to Release Peyton Manning

Danger41

The Dolphins should acquire Manning, but Jeff Ireland would probably fuck it up. Joe Philbin said he is not 100% committed to the West Coast Offense, so structuring their playbook around Manning would be accommodating for Peyton.

^Favorite post of the year, so far.

I can't believe they're letting him go, personally. I understand the NFL is a business, but you don't know that Andrew Luck is going to live up to the hype. You KNOW Peyton is great.

I predict that the Redskins will pull a classic Dan Snyder and mortgage the entire District of Columbia, sell half the team, and bring Steve Largent out of retirement to be Peyton's "deep threat".

^Favorite post of the year, so far.

I can't believe they're letting him go, personally. I understand the NFL is a business, but you don't know that Andrew Luck is going to live up to the hype. You KNOW Peyton is great.

I predict that the Redskins will pull a classic Dan Snyder and mortgage the entire District of Columbia, sell half the team, and bring Steve Largent out of retirement to be Peyton's "deep threat".

I do not know about that. Does anyone know how his injuries and surgeries will impact his play? He could be just as much of a gamble as Luck is.

depressing, and true. The only other option Dan Snyder is capable of imagining is trading away every draft pick for the next 3 years to get the Rams #2 pick and Robert Griffin. Either way the team and fans are ######ed.

I do not know about that. Does anyone know how his injuries and surgeries will impact his play? He could be just as much of a gamble as Luck is.

I know a little bit about it since I have the exact same condition in the exact same place. It's possible getting hit could affect his play if the hit inflames the nerves around the cervical spine. This would lead to severe pain and major weakness in his throwing arm. That said there are ways he can pad that area to lessen the jolt and the chance of re injuring that area.

I'd love to see him go to KC ala Joe Montana. Get him in there to mentor Ricki Stanzi- make Matt Cassel have to compete for his job.

Jesus is there anything to your life other than shooting your watch and reliving the glory days?

LOL

Snob-YOU-SEEM-ANGRY-WHY-U-MAD-BRAH-.jpg

The answer to your question is just about every football fan in America, that's who.

Wrong.

There are plenty of football fans who don't give a shit about either of the Manning brothers. There are others, like me, who can't stand either of them and only give enough of a shit to say I am disappointed that I might still have to watch Peyton play. But that is probably better than having to listen to him do color commentary...which is an eventual likely reality.

Technique only.

The Dolphins should acquire Manning, but Jeff Ireland would probably fuck it up. Joe Philbin said he is not 100% committed to the West Coast Offense, so structuring their playbook around Manning would be accommodating for Peyton.

I won't complain, of course I'm not sure if it's worth adding another QB to the carousel given he's only got a few years left.

Manning should have won the MVP for not playing a down this year! If your team goes 2-14 just because you aren't playing then that says a lot. I'll bet he ends up with the Jets. They would be a legit threat with him there and he could live near his brother.

LOL

Wrong.

There are plenty of football fans who don't give a shit about either of the Manning brothers. There are others, like me, who can't stand either of them and only give enough of a shit to say I am disappointed that I might still have to watch Peyton play. But that is probably better than having to listen to him do color commentary...which is an eventual likely reality.

Technique only.

Careful...the Vikes are just about dumb enough to go after him. They have a long history of going after old broken down QBs. I am too young for Fran and barely remember good ol' drunken Tommy K, so I don't know what a genuine franchise QB looks like. But I wouth rather roll with Ponder than emptying the pockets for that media whore Manning.

I know a little bit about it since I have the exact same condition in the exact same place. It's possible getting hit could affect his play if the hit inflames the nerves around the cervical spine. This would lead to severe pain and major weakness in his throwing arm. That said there are ways he can pad that area to lessen the jolt and the chance of re injuring that area.

Good to know. Thanks.

I won't complain, of course I'm not sure if it's worth adding another QB to the carousel given he's only got a few years left.

In that case, I would pursue Matt Flynn if I were the Dolphins.

I'll bet he ends up with the Jets. They would be a legit threat with him there and he could live near his brother.

:vomit: I do not think Manning would want to get involved in that situation, but Tom Moore is still a paid consultant. The Texans make sense to me, and the Cardinals too. I think Arizona hired his long time QB coach and they have some weapons for him. Let the free agency circus begin!

Careful...the Vikes are just about dumb enough to go after him. They have a long history of going after old broken down QBs. I am too young for Fran and barely remember good ol' drunken Tommy K, so I don't know what a genuine franchise QB looks like. But I wouth rather roll with Ponder than emptying the pockets for that media whore Manning.

Archie went to Minnesota in the twilight of his career. Human pinata.

So, you captured the level of my give a shit factor. I had this exact discussion with my brother (who actually liked Peyton) yesterday when this news broke. It went something like...

So, the Vikings had a shot at getting Luck but they just had to screw that up and beat the Redskins in week 16. Now the Colts can jettison Manning, open up the purse and get the QB we wanted. Great.

Archie went to Minnesota in the twilight of his career. Human pinata.

That's what the Vikings do....Manning, McMahon, Moon, Cunningham, George, Favre.

So, the Vikings had a shot at getting Luck but they just had to screw that up and beat the Redskins in week 16. Now the Colts can jettison Manning, open up the purse and get the QB we wanted. Great.

Not sure if I'd call Ponder a franchise QB, but I also don't see the logic in drafting QBs in the 1st round in consecutive years. If anything getting a Manning in his twilight makes a little more sense in order to give Ponder some time to work on his level of play.

LOL

im-not-mad-im-disappointed-thumb.jpg

It's cool when old people try to be hip. I bet you even have pop music ring tones on your Jitterbug,

Wrong.

Technique only.

Plenty of football fans should and do give a shit, as it affects just about every team directly or indirectly. Directly, if your team is hurting at the QB position and needing an offensive boost.. And indirectly, well, if Peyton ends up on a team in your team's division. Neck injury or not, reports are he's throwing well right now. And Peyton's expertise has always been his football IQ. The man can read and tear apart defenses and I think he still has a few solid years left in him.

It's cool when old people try to be hip. I bet you even have pop music ring tones on your Jitterbug,

So, you are butt hurt then?

Since you bring it up...how do you you change ringtones on those damn cell phones anyway? And more importantly, how do you turn the volume up?

Plenty of football fans should and do give a shit, as it affects just about every team directly or indirectly. Directly, if your team is hurting at the QB position and needing an offensive boost.. And indirectly, well, if Peyton ends up on a team in your team's division. Neck injury or not, reports are he's throwing well right now. And Peyton's expertise has always been his football IQ. The man can read and tear apart defenses and I think he still has a few solid years left in him.

Please.

Thanks for the incisive analysis and valuable lesson. You sure know a lot about football, especially for a chick. Sorry I said who gives a shit about something so important.

So are we good now or are you still mad at me?

So, you are butt hurt then?

Since you bring it up...how do you you change ringtones on those damn cell phones anyway? And more importantly, how do you turn the volume up?

Please.

Thanks for the incisive analysis and valuable lesson. You sure know a lot about football, especially for a chick. Sorry I said who gives a shit about something so important.

So are we good now or are you still mad at me?

Pwned