San Antonio information

C-21.Pilot

I just got a a T-6 PIT flying job - moving this summer. Looking to see if there are any folks there in San Antonio who can give me info on where to live, schools, etc - the normal stuff.

Right now, we're looking to rent in the Stone Oak or Canyon Springs area, but looking for opinions.

Thanks

The Palace is a fine establishment.

I lived in the dorms back then and spent most of my time in a stupor from school and or booze. I recall a few married guys living in Schertz and they seemed to like it. I am sure there are more guys on here with better knowledge, I just wanted to be a smartass.

Traffic sucks big time near Stone Oaks. They have been trying to put a toll way near there to screw the commuters who has to take highway 281 to go home. Better off living in Schertz and Cibolo, plenty of nice houses and military/gov't families there. Get yours kids into Randolph ISD. Most ISDs suck in San Antonio.

Sent ya a link to a relocation forum, if you have any other questions drop me a line; but I do live on the other side of town from Randolph. Still, I know this place pretty well...

And the NISD and NEISD are pretty good school districts. Trust me on that one.

Lastly, if you're looking to buy, send me a PM. I know a good relator who has helped a lot of military families moving to the Alamo city...

Cheers! M2

You just hit the jackpot with that gig, congrats.

Like mentioned above, Stone Oak is nice but the traffic is horrible. There are back roads, but either way it's going to take at least 30 minutes to go 15 miles from your house to the front gate. Schertz and Cibolo do have nice homes, and Garden Ridge has even nicer ones if you have that kinda coin. Any of those choices would be better options as far as the commute goes.

My wife and I are both from SA, so if you have any specific questions, just ask. I know M2 has a lot of good info also.