All Activity
Past hour
- WTF? (**NSFW**)
Today
-
College Football
The only worthy highlight of FL-Ole Miss game
-
Fly Dubai Hijacking?
Oldest beef in the world, Tastes Great vs Less Filling. Classic. Glad some crew got in there and some pax pilots got it on the ground, minus a rudder and all.
-
WTF? (**NSFW**)
- Boeing Wins Next Gen Navy F/A-XX contract
I wonder how much overlap/commonality the two airplanes will have. I'm sure that would be a selling point. STL is about to get packed with fighter production though since Boeing will be making the F-15EX, T-7 (finally assembly), MQ-25 (over a KBLV), and F-47. Looks like the F/A-18 line will convert to the F/A-XX- 2027 ACTIVE DUTY UFT BOARD
60 is fairly low, similar results to FY24 board. Curious if they had to course correct since they took all the alternates from last year, 80-90 UCT studs, and some OTS guys, and sent them all to UPT to hit the 1500 quota. Hopefully we all have the same luck this year!- Fly Dubai Hijacking?
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/diverted-flydubai-flight-israel-was-not-hijacking-incident-israeli-prime-2026-09-30/ Whether truly a terrorism-plot and hijacking, or just a couple of middle eastern pilots doing middle eastern things, this is why I hate it when forced to fly on some of these airlines. Glad the cabin crew and some pax got it under control and safely diverted. Crazy.- New F-16G and C-17 for AF?
Probably so but the cost to acquire, operate and sustain is greater than an adapted commercial aircraft and for some AMC missions, a commercial aircraft with some mods is perfectly fine. Save money to get the NGAL going and fielded vs an all military fleet. I’d prefer a Mobility fleet of all grey T-tails but the resources are getting tighter, it might not be affordable. This is all just guesswork though and this hypothetical adapted commercial fleet would have missions in op plans during contingencies but exist mainly to serve steady state low risk missions as efficiently as possible with military owned iron.- The Next President is...
I think a lot has to do with the age when the arrive. Younger folks seem to pick up the language much easier. My Cuban friend I mentioned, his parents were amazing people, his father was Fulgencio Batista's horse guy and was severely punished when the revolution happened. He left before the family because they were going to kill him, the rest of the family left during the Mariel Boat lift. I forgot to include some of the story the shows how hard the integration can be. So the family had three kids, my buddy "Jose" was the middle child and he came to America with his Mom and younger sister to join his father. His older brother stayed behind as he was in the Cuban Army. Jose has been very successful and sent his brother money and supplies for many years. 15 years ago Jose started and payed for the process (including a LOT of bribes), to get his brother to America. It finally happened but after 2.5 years his brother decided to go back. Crazy from our perspective but he wanted his family (wife and friends), because he was unable to integrate here.- Gun Talk
But they removed control-F!!!!!!- Gun Talk
Shocked this has not been hacked. They let China get my SF-86 but protect my gun numbers...- Boeing Wins Next Gen Navy F/A-XX contract
F-47 is MUCH farther along...F/A-XX....not so much.- Boeing Wins Next Gen Navy F/A-XX contract
I'm sure they will both arrive in a timely fashion...Boeing is known for that.- New F-16G and C-17 for AF?
F-16XL!- The Next President is...
Correct. But since we have to make rules for the aggregate, her example isn't very useful. There was a time we didn't need to worry about immigrant integration. Now we do.Yesterday
- The Next President is...
I got an extended family guy that married a girl from Asia. She had family here, which helped her get here legally. She was maybe 18 and didn't speak English. Got a job that is kinda like working on your own with minimum interaction with people, but learned the language such that when I met her at the wedding, she was fluent, min to no accent, and pretty much one of us (she was mid 20s by that point). Her parents, not so much on the language part, but good people. They all have jobs, pay taxes. So, @Lord Ratner this person clearly integrated without a prerequisite on the language. But she had family here to help. Like UPT, knowing how to fly helps get thru the program, but its not a requirement to get a slot.- Lighten Up Francis!
Multi purpose. He's probably still got a bad knee from that time at the factory, so lube. Doubles as a shot to drink. Stops certain types of people from squealing if sprayed in the mouth. Impromptu flame thrower. Takes the skicky off stickers. And buffs out well on trophy skulls.- Boeing Wins Next Gen Navy F/A-XX contract
Interesting, Boeing won the USAF's F-47 NGAD and now whatever this. TWZBoeing Wins F/A-XX Next Generation Navy Stealth Fighter C...F/A-XX has been a very highly anticipated contract award, especially after the Pentagon previously tried to freeze the program.- Lighten Up Francis!
- The Next President is...
Same story, my mom never taught me Spanish. Well, except she didn't come through Ellis Island like your old ass 😂🤣- Gun Talk
Sadly this doesn’t surprise me…- New F-16G and C-17 for AF?
I think we have a better solution than a gravel-kitted Max7, the Embraer C-390. It pretty much checks all the boxes other than not being American made and can't carry as many pax as the 737. Of course, one of the large manufactures here in the good 'ol USA could re-partner with Embraer to give it another go. Let's just forget about the failed L3Harris KC-390 plan for the moment. Lockmart most likely wouldn't touch it in order to protect future C-130J orders and whatever they're planning as a replacement. I was fortunate to fly on the KC-390 as an observer during one of our exercises here in the States right before I retired, it's a pretty capable and modern jet.- The Next President is...
My mother immigrated from Germany after marrying my father, and she deliberately didn't teach us (her kids) German because she felt we were Americans and needed to speak English. I did learn the language after growing up and being stationed there, but it would have helped to have done so at a much earlier age. Still, I appreciate the fact that during her time (the 1950s), may immigrants felt the importance of integrating into American society. Much like the military, you join it, it doesn't join you! By the way, I was also born in Germany and still had to meet with an immigration judge when I first came to this country in 1966. I was only three at the time, but my mother said I had to speak with him and court officials without her present. I have no memory of this (I was 3), but it shows what a different time it was then!- RAF Fairford alleged terror attack averted
Saw a talking head today throw out there these may be just criminals (low functioning) hired by Iranians, seems reasonable as they could have used several layers of separation to keep attribution deniable at least publicly Throw some money out there see what happens, gather intel on how well your networks are surveilled / compromised even if it doesn’t happen, maybe…Last week
- RAF Fairford alleged terror attack averted
It's very strange. No 'explosives' in the vehicles. Fuel thieves are a thing but all the OSINT dudes tracking them show very strange movements for your typical fuel thieves and there weren't any tanks in the area they were in. Dry run? - Boeing Wins Next Gen Navy F/A-XX contract