F-22 Raptor info

Beaver

So, what's the answer to the question?

I'll say this, I'm damn glad I'm not a craptor guy asking myself that question as I kiss the wife and kids and jump in the truck to go to work.

I'll say this, I'm damn glad I'm not a craptor guy asking myself that question as I kiss the wife and kids and jump in the truck to go to work.

Bada bing: http://usnews.msnbc....complaints?lite

What's a "proximate distance?"

proximate [ˈprɒksɪmɪt], proximal

adj

1. next or nearest in space or time

2. very near; close

3. immediately preceding or following in a series

4. a less common word for approximate

[from Late Latin proximāre to draw near, from Latin proximus next, from prope near]

proximately adv

proximateness n

proximation n

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

Related question, what is the distance from an airfield where it's safe to become hypoxic while flying?

It depends. In the air or on the ground?

Thank you Mr. Webster.

Related question, what is the distance from an airfield where it's safe to become hypoxic while flying?

Maybe you could utilize "supercruise" to get back faster.

Guess this plane won't be going anywhere soon - just read that all F-22 flights need to be in proximity of a landing strip and the AK alert is going to revert back to F-15's and F-16's.

Good thing there are now exactly three AD F-15C squadrons. Sometimes I feel like I am taking crazy pills.

Maybe you could utilize "supercruise" to get back faster.

Guess this plane won't be going anywhere soon - just read that all F-22 flights need to be in proximity of a landing strip and the AK alert is going to revert back to F-15's and F-16's.

Good thing there are now exactly three AD F-15C squadrons. Sometimes I feel like I am taking crazy pills.

Kadena Eagles are sitting alert for the Raptors as we speak.

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123302134

Panetta orders Air Force to take further steps on F-22

Finally, Panetta directed the Air Force to provide him with a monthly progress report as the service continues the search for the root cause of the problem.

These steps are in addition to the measures the Air Force is already taking to determine the root causes of the hypoxia-like symptoms pilots have experienced.

Panetta made this decision in part due to the reluctance of some pilots to fly the aircraft, Little said.

I know the devil's advocate will say that Big Blue was arleady trying to work the issue. But I still say, the squadron should buy those two a couple of rounds for directing the proper attention to this.

Big Blue only tends to move quickly when the heat is on (KC-767, Dover, etc...........)

And the eagles replaced Misawa Vipers who sat in Elmendorf for 6 months. I bet guard units are salivating at the ability to sit alert more.

And the eagles replaced Misawa Vipers who sat in Elmendorf for 6 months.

Correction, 9 months. Not like there was anything else going on...right. Not the bros' fault...sucks to be in their position.

Edited by brabus

No shit.

Not Kadena (or at least they weren't last time I checked a couple of weeks ago, maybe the Guard folks swapped out with them) but yeah, the Raptors haven't been sitting alert up here for quite a while. 67th was here last summer before the Misawa dudes had their marathon AK winter vacation.

Apparently things are different in the CAF, but in the SOF world it's not kosher to discuss in open forum who is sitting alert where and when....

Past tense, homeboy. But you do have a point...

Apparently things are different in the CAF, but in the SOF world it's not kosher to discuss in open forum who is sitting alert where and when....

Sorry, next time I'll make sure to link the official AF.mil story whenever I post.

I think Jaded needs to do the OPSEC CBT.

Maybe another uninformed OSI NCO can produce a brief on it, like the one they ginned up to try and roast Dozer for doing his job.

Edited by Hacker

Maybe another uninformed OSI NCO can produce a brief on it, like the one they ginned up to try and roast Dozer for doing his job.

That one should be a CBT in and of itself for OSI: how to ruin someone's career over their release of non-classified information that they were authorized to discuss.

• Upvote 1

What happened to Dozer, I missed all that? PM me if able.