Baseops Forums
tac airlifter

The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

Seems to me you joined the military because you're a sociopath that knows you'd be able to kill people and get away with it.
Kind of a basket of baseless assumptions, no?

Dude, normally I agree with everything you say, but this is a stretch. I think I know you’re not being 100% serious, but still. Comparing a 17 yr old KID who, allegedly, crossed state lines with a weapon, where he clearly wasn’t needed or recruited, to an active duty member of the military, who is clearly needed and was recruited is nowhere close to on point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, slackline said:

Dude, normally I agree with everything you say, but this is a stretch. I think I know you’re not being 100% serious, but still. Comparing a 17 yr old KID who, allegedly, crossed state lines with a weapon, where he clearly wasn’t needed or recruited, to an active duty member of the military, who is clearly needed and was recruited is nowhere close to on point.

That point is one that is actually made by anti-war activists in this country.  And yes, it was intended to be inflammatory.  Assuming sociopathic motivation of someone's actions based on conjecture is preposterous.

Anyone can do 30 seconds of googling to find a video of someone interviewing the kid before all the shit happened.  He seems like a kid with naive wet dreams of being a patriot, and  spends too much time with gun nuts that have only an academic and fantastical understanding of violence.  The types that masturbate over Grossman's books and talks about colors of awareness and crap like that.  None of that makes him a cat killing psychopath that wanted to kill people and get away with it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Prozac said:

Not true. Here is an article from the Denver Post that explains why government reimbursement to hospitals is higher for treatment of Covid-19 patients, but that there is no extra money associated with reporting deaths.

It’s true...hospital admins are the most reliable source, the Denver post is not. They literally have received more money if the patient is in the hospital for covid. Now maybe that program truly has good intentions (and I can see that), but it is a direct financial incentive to label someone as a covid patient, which absolutely skews case and death numbers. 

18 minutes ago, Breckey said:

Getting away from the protests for a bit, the House will vote on a bill to remove marijuana from the list of controlled substances and leave it up to the states to determine legalization.
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/514237-house-to-vote-on-a-bill-to-remove-cannabis-from-list-of-controlled-substances
Discuss.

It's a start

11 hours ago, busdriver said:

He seems like a kid with naive wet dreams of being a patriot, and  spends too much time with gun nuts that have only an academic and fantastical understanding of violence.  The types that masturbate over Grossman's books and talks about colors of awareness and crap like that. 

You’re right, it’s an unreasonable stretch of the imagination to think that this kid has delusions of grandeur and doesn’t understand the consequences of walking into a riot where he had no business with an AR. 

15 hours ago, Homestar said:

Strikes me as an opportunity to kill someone and get away with it. 

1 hour ago, Homestar said:

delusions of grandeur and doesn’t understand the consequences 

So you do or don't understand the difference between these two statements?

6 hours ago, Breckey said:

Getting away from the protests for a bit, the House will vote on a bill to remove marijuana from the list of controlled substances and leave it up to the states to determine legalization.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/514237-house-to-vote-on-a-bill-to-remove-cannabis-from-list-of-controlled-substances

Discuss.

long overdue...time to end the "war on drugs" as we know it, too.

3 hours ago, FLEA said:

Colin Noir's much anticipated analysis:

Never heard of this dude, thanks for sharing. 

9 hours ago, Breckey said:

Discuss.

At a minimum they need to reclassify it. The fact that it’s a Schedule 1 narcotic, like Meth and Coke is laughable. Once the federal government realizes how much tax revenue they can steal, it will be acceptable.

2 hours ago, 17D_guy said:

Never heard of this dude, thanks for sharing. 

Just FYI, "Colin Noir" (a.k.a. Collins Iyare Idehen Jr.) is a lawyer from Houston. 

16 hours ago, brabus said:

It’s true...hospital admins are the most reliable source, the Denver post is not. They literally have received more money if the patient is in the hospital for covid. Now maybe that program truly has good intentions (and I can see that), but it is a direct financial incentive to label someone as a covid patient, which absolutely skews case and death numbers. 

You keep repeating that the death numbers are skewed with nothing to back it up. What do you think has caused the >200k excess deaths in the US since Mar 2020?

8 hours ago, brawnie said:

You keep repeating that the death numbers are skewed with nothing to back it up. What do you think has caused the >200k excess deaths in the US since Mar 2020?

Correlation does not equal causation. It's too early to determine this. I've spent the last 20 minutes trying to find clear statistics but nothing is clear. According to the National Center of Disease control, as of April, US annual deaths were actually down about 100,000. However, in another article the CDC reports an increase in July. Regardless, the natural annual increase that occurs because of an increasing elderly population is anywhere from about 0.5% to 1.5% depending if I use the Department of Health model or the UN model. Deaths in 2017 were 2.8M but I can't find 2018 or 2019. Regardless, even half of a % of 2.8M is 140K. That's a pretty large chunk of your 200K. 

Now while the timing is interesting (you claim since March) I was looking at the 2017 chart and the majority of their deaths actually occured Feb to April. It's possible since we were down in April we are simply expereincing  correction. 

Again, your data is interesting, but not compelling. I don't think we'll be able to discern measurable casualties until 2-3 years after this thing is over and some really smart people at some really well paid universities can do some more detailed research. 

We also have to account for how many deaths are "Corona Related." Suicides are likely up due to increased isolation. In some states that closed clinics not directly involved in the fight against corona, some patients couldn't find health care for routine check-ups/procedures, likely leading to delayed heart disease or cancer diagnosis (#1 and 2 killer in US). You also likely have a Nationwide vitamin D deficiency as people spent more time indoors, suppressing immunity defense against more benign sickness. Little things that add up though. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, brawnie said:

Nothing to back the skewed claim up?

1. My uncle died from multiple problems, but the doc SUSPECTED Covid (never did a test)...death labeled as COVID. He died from several things and was going to die regardless of covid, but without even a test,COVID was labeled the cause. Total bullshit.

2. Several family friends work in hospital admin; they handle the money and see how it flows. They said the above situation happens more than you think because the hospital receives extra money from the govt for covid patients in their care. Docs are pressured to declare Covid in some cases. That’s not a conspiracy theory, that’s real people working in the money side of the hospital who deal with it directly. 

So, there’s some excellent support for the fact that this shit is happening. Now, I’m clearly not arguing all covid deaths are invalid, not even close. But, when you subtract off 20% (made up number for illustrative purpose), then increase the total number of positives to account for the untested, it rapidly becomes a significantly different problem than what has been sold by the media (which millions of Americans have bought hook, line, and sinker).

Also, what FLEA said above.

• Upvote 1

My brother works at the VA in claims department. He was telling he that one day he had three deaths that were initially “respiratory illness” be changed to COVID. He asked how was that determination made, the bodies were cremated, did they do other testing? Answer was, label it COVID.
  • Upvote 2

It’s literally a conspiracy theory. Choosing not to trust multiple different independent methods of calculating deaths due to Covid - which all correlate - because you don’t want to/have second hand information that can’t be uniformly applied to a large statistical model isn’t smart - it’s akin to antivaxxer logic. If you feel so strongly that this is just a current misunderstanding that will be disproven, I’ll put down $5000 dollars right now (through an intermediary of your choice) that the 95% confidence interval for death numbers from Mar-August 2020 will contain 200k. We can even wait until 2023 and aggrandize all the studies, to “let the truth come out.” I highly doubt any of you are interested.

This isn’t just one model, it’s numerous studies. Here’s the dumbed down summary of how they work.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sciencealert.com/2020-has-killed-up-to-200-000-extra-people-in-the-us-so-far/amp

They use regressions, this accounts for the increasing number of deaths from year to year. From this, in July, multiple different studies showed at least 160-200k+ deaths over normal. You don’t think this correlates closely to what the CDC was tracking? YGBSM.

And, in reality, for decision making it literally shouldn’t matter how people died when it comes to effects. Suicide, accident that wasn’t treated because of hospital availability, pneumonia at home, economic despair - they all are because of COVID and the second order effects of a global pandemic. Someone that died because they couldn’t get a CT scan because hospitals were full just as much died from the social effects of this disease. But, yes, let’s keep arguing semantics.

In total, you guys have named sub-20 cases of this “fraud” happening. But this mindset has entirely skewed your perception of the situation and changed how America reacts and works together It’s literally exactly how you’re being brainwashed to believe that voting by mail will be entirely illegitimate when there are less than 100 cases of fraud in any election in recent history.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

So to be clear, I don't believe in conspiracy theories. 

I do though, heavily, heavily, believe in incompetence, because I've worked staff long enough to know the people informing the President are only at best 70% confident in the information they present him, and more often than not, they are only 50% confident. That's a complete guess, but I say that having been a contributor to 4 white papers that made the CJCS desk that he undoubtedly briefed at least one of them to POTUS at one point. I was only about 40% confident on that one, and another that I'm aware he briefed to Congress. I was only about 40% confident on my conclusions on those, but I had about 2 days to collect a massive ammount of data that we had not been historically tracking and most of it had to be estimated. Luckily these papers go through multiple levels of review and are heavily caveated but garbage in garbage out right? The executive decision cycle is usually heavily time sensitive and when you look at the decision matrix from gut feel to analysis paralysis we are often working very heavy on the gut feel side. 

Hence, data is interesting, but when you jump to draw conclusions from it, you are more often than not setting yourself up for failure. 

Edited by FLEA

44 minutes ago, brawnie said:

It’s literally a conspiracy theory...

...And, in reality, for decision making it literally shouldn’t matter how people died when it comes to effects...

Not really, I recommend you read up on the concept of Systems Thinking...

...Could not be more wrong; how people died/are harmed, whether directly from the disease or our reaction to it, makes all the difference when it comes to decision making and the effects of the disease.