The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

1 hour ago, Guardian said:
1 hour ago, DosXX said:
You've look through all US presidential elections to convince yourself of this? I'm sure in 2016 there was a similar absentee ballot jump for Clinton, just that it wasn't enough for Trump to lose and wasn't spread on social media since Trump won that election. 
Btw in Wisconsin and Michigan there were similar spikes in cumulative votes for Trump when several counties that were heavily Trump were reported simultaneously, but that doesn't fit the narrative now does it?

Mail in doesn’t exactly equal absentee. Yes you mail in an absentee ballot but ultimately they are different.

And how are they different? You’re voting outside of the polling area/polling time. They’re verifying your identity once they receive your ballot.

28 minutes ago, DosXX said:

The research is useless and my experience trumps all sources is the height of arrogance. Facts don't care about your feelings.

I'll repeat, not a silver bullet, they are spiking less than they would have without mask usage. 

Ironic use of your own anecdotal knowledge second half given first half. 

41 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Michigan and Wisconsin won't be recounted, because Trump would have to pay upfront for the cost, and he is too cheap and broke to do so.  He will probably just keep the recount money he is begging from his supporters for his campaign debts. Georgia recount costs go to the taxpayers so that will happen, and in PA you would need actual proof of voting fraud or irregularities, which his lawyers haven't been able to produce yet...so no recount yet.

I'm all for investigating fraud, but there hasn't been any proof beyond "this doesn't look right".  Regardless of proof ask yourself what agency would you truly trust to investigate these claims?  Any institution you will claim deep state or that we lib-rulz have infiltrated the deepest sanctums of law enforcement despite our natural distrust for law enforcement.  At this point you probably wouldn't trust any government agency and would only trust Project Veritas or Tim Fitton to investigate.

Plus a lot of you have forgotten 2016...it wasn't Hillary claiming voter fraud...it was....::drumroll::.....TRUMP!

Yep!  He was so bent out of shape he lost the popular vote, not only did he rant for years about the necessity electoral college (despite previously calling it "a disaster for democracy") and carry around printouts of the districts he won...he claimed the popular vote loss was due to millions of fraudulent voters and created a commission to investigate it and find all these instances of dead people voting, fraudulent votes, etc....remember Kris Kobach?  Kobach already fixed our election system...remember?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/presidential-advisory-commission-election-integrity/

If our system is so rigged and fraud is so rampant, why didn't Kobach find anything?  Why didn't we fix it then?  Why is it so hard to drum up evidence of voter fraud this time around when both democrats and republicans were counting votes, working the polls?

15 minutes ago, drewpey said:

Michigan and Wisconsin won't be recounted, because Trump would have to pay upfront for the cost, and he is too cheap and broke to do so.  He will probably just keep the recount money he is begging from his supporters for his campaign debts. Georgia recount costs go to the taxpayers so that will happen, and in PA you would need actual proof of voting fraud or irregularities, which his lawyers haven't been able to produce yet...so no recount yet.

I'm all for investigating fraud, but there hasn't been any proof beyond "this doesn't look right".  Regardless of proof ask yourself what agency would you truly trust to investigate these claims?  Any institution you will claim deep state or that we lib-rulz have infiltrated the deepest sanctums of law enforcement despite our natural distrust for law enforcement.  At this point you probably wouldn't trust any government agency and would only trust Project Veritas or Tim Fitton to investigate.

Plus a lot of you have forgotten 2016...it wasn't Hillary claiming voter fraud...it was....::drumroll::.....TRUMP!

Yep!  He was so bent out of shape he lost the popular vote, not only did he rant for years about the necessity electoral college (despite previously calling it "a disaster for democracy") and carry around printouts of the districts he won...he claimed the popular vote loss was due to millions of fraudulent voters and created a commission to investigate it and find all these instances of dead people voting, fraudulent votes, etc....remember Kris Kobach?  Kobach already fixed our election system...remember?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/presidential-advisory-commission-election-integrity/

If our system is so rigged and fraud is so rampant, why didn't Kobach find anything?  Why didn't we fix it then?  Why is it so hard to drum up evidence of voter fraud this time around when both democrats and republicans were counting votes, working the polls?

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/oakland/2020/11/06/oakland-county-election-2020-race-results/6184186002/

Something fishy is going on. 

11 minutes ago, Seadogs said:

Are you serious? A miniscule race for a county commissioner, where a person admitted to a data entry error, and that's fishy?

If that's fishy then please, tell me what you think is happening when DEERS is down three days a week.

And the process worked apparently without regard to politics. A Republican city clerk supervised a vote count that wrongly gave victory to a Democrat, after which a Democratic county clerk's staff caught the error and requested a correction from the Republican city clerk, handing the win to a Republican.

Doesn't sound fishy to me.  They found an error, fixed the error.

There will always be a handful of these stories when you are counting 161 million ballots.  Random findings of human error doesn't equate to a grand conspiracy.

Somehow democrats are powerful enough to rig a presidential election, but incompetent enough to forget to steal the senate as well.

24 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Kinda hard to believe that Biden is the most popular person of all time.

KVON: "I'm not a conspiracy theorist....but (insert conspiracy)"

I'm disappointed I gave him a view.  I hope he doesn't start showing up in my YouTube feed now.

1 hour ago, SurelySerious said:

Ironic use of your own anecdotal knowledge second half given first half. 

How exactly is that anecdotal? Do you really think I would lack the self awareness to say that without having research to back that up after just criticizing it? 

7 hours ago, DosXX said:

How exactly is that anecdotal? Do you really think I would lack the self awareness to say that without having research to back that up after just criticizing it? 

12 minutes ago, SurelySerious said:

Yes. 

His answer is valid based on the fact that many people on the side of common sense feel that the right (the side pushing the same conspiracy theories Trump pushed after losing the popular vote in 2016) lacks the self awareness to realize they're being played by a president desperate to cling to power and social media news sources because the real journalists out there are just #fakenews.  

They think you lack self awareness, and the rest of the world (authoritarian regimes excluded [I say that because they're basically the only ones to have yet to offer congratulations.  Good company...]) thinks they lack self awareness.

The real reason the rest of the GOP isn't telling the president to stop crying already is because of the run-offs in GA in January.  I'd put money on the thought that if the GOP had won those two races outright, you'd have the rest of the GOP congratulating the Biden camp already.

2 minutes ago, slackline said:

His answer is valid based on the fact that many people on the side of common sense feel that the right (the side pushing the same conspiracy theories Trump pushed after losing the popular vote in 2016) lacks the self awareness to realize they're being played by a president desperate to cling to power and social media news sources because the real journalists out there are just #fakenews.  

They think you lack self awareness, and the rest of the world (authoritarian regimes excluded [I say that because they're basically the only ones to have yet to offer congratulations.  Good company...]) thinks they lack self awareness.

The real reason the rest of the GOP isn't telling the president to stop crying already is because of the run-offs in GA in January.  I'd put money on the thought that if the GOP had won those two races outright, you'd have the rest of the GOP congratulating the Biden camp already.

His answer was provided anecdotally after he criticized someone of the same, quit being dramatic one of science and facts. Maybe he should have provided a controlled experiment where this one spreads differently amongst humans with masks than without instead of being so self assuredly arrogant about his knowledge. 

3 minutes ago, SurelySerious said:

His answer was provided anecdotally after he criticized someone of the same, quit being dramatic one of science and facts. Maybe he should have provided a controlled experiment where this one spreads differently amongst humans with masks than without instead of being so self assuredly arrogant about his knowledge. 

Not disagreeing with you.  We all get carried away sometimes in what, to our perception in the moment, feels like the other side is ignoring the countless examples provided previously.  

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-avenue/2020/11/09/biden-voting-counties-equal-70-of-americas-economy-what-does-this-mean-for-the-nations-political-economic-divide/

Heard this story on "gasp" NPR this morning, so I looked up the report.  For the camp claiming economic superiority, counties in the US that voted for Biden accounted for 70% of the US's economic activity...  The article talks about Trump winning the electoral college last time but the counties won by Clinton (just threw up in my mouth a little even typing her name) had roughly the same economic impact.  

From the ariticle:    

"Why does this matter? This economic rift that persists in dividing the nation is a problem because it underscores the near-certainty of both continued clashes between the political parties and continued alienation and misunderstandings." 

This rift is scary.  People in these rural areas (rightly so) worry that people in these metropolitan hubs are deciding how they should live their lives, and the metropolitan areas are completely out of touch with life in the rural areas.  Someone proposed the great idea of breaking DC up and sending govt agencies out across the country.  I love that.  It would help reduce the gap in understanding, and maybe bring us closer to the middle where we belong.  No way to make left and right happy on every issue all the time, but we should be better at compromise...

Counties do not account for economic activity, people and businesses do. The GDP contribution of a business headquartered in Cook Co, IL has little to do with the unassociated millions of voters who live there. It seems they're trying to make the case that because a big business happens to be located in the same geographic area, the opinions of those who live near it matter more.

Check the Twitter feeds of the authors of the article. They're all politically biased.

Edited by torqued

2 minutes ago, torqued said:

Counties do not account for economic activity, people and businesses do. The GDP contribution of a business headquartered in Cook Co, IL has little to do with the unassociated millions of voters who live there. It seems they're trying to make the case that because a big business happens to be located in the same geographic area, the opinions of those who live near it matter more.

Check the Twitter feeds of the authors of the article. They're all politically biased.

Semantics...

So, according to you, someone who has a political bias is incapable of producing anything worth note?  Everyone, everyone has a political bias.  Look at virtually every article posted on here, the author leans one way or another.  Should we disregard everything.  Brookings is reputable.  

31 minutes ago, slackline said:

Semantics...

So, according to you, someone who has a political bias is incapable of producing anything worth note?  Everyone, everyone has a political bias.  Look at virtually every article posted on here, the author leans one way or another.  Should we disregard everything.  Brookings is reputable.  

No, I am saying in this particular instance, political bias is clearly evident in the authors' attempt to make the case that a vote means more if its near higher economic activity.

"Democrats represent voters who overwhelmingly reside in the nation’s diverse economic centers, and thus tend to prioritize housing affordability, an improved social safety net, transportation infrastructure, and racial justice. Jobs in blue America also disproportionately rely on national R&D investment, technology leadership, and services exports."

"By contrast, Republicans represent an economic base situated in the nation’s struggling small towns and rural areas. Prosperity there remains out of reach for many, and the party sees no reason to consider the priorities and needs of the nation’s metropolitan centers. That is not a scenario for economic consensus or achievement. Specifically, Trump’s anti-establishment appeal suggests that a sizable portion of the country continues to feel little connection to the nation’s core economic enterprises, and chose to channel that animosity into a candidate who promised not to build up all parts of the country, but rather to vilify groups who didn’t resemble his base."

What locations have problems with housing affordability, homelessness, infrastructure, and racial justice? The same ones the authors are praising for voting blue. What bullshit.

Edited by torqued

1 hour ago, slackline said:

Someone proposed the great idea of breaking DC up and sending govt agencies out across the country.

Trump did that and swamp hated it. https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/13/politics/usda-employees-relocated-kansas-city-perdue/index.html

Employees from two Department of Agriculture research agencies stood and turned their backs to Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue at an all-hands meeting Thursday to silently protest a decision to relocate the agencies halfway across the country.

Perdue announced earlier Thursday morning that the Economic Research Service, which provides research and statistical analysis for lawmakers, and the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, which allocates federal research funding, will be relocated to Kansas City from Washington, DC, the final announcement in a process that began last year.
The department says the move will save taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars, but many employees view the change as politically driven and a way to disrupt climate research and other work with which their bosses disagree. Both agencies recently voted overwhelmingly to unionize to push back against the move.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-avenue/2020/11/09/biden-voting-counties-equal-70-of-americas-economy-what-does-this-mean-for-the-nations-political-economic-divide/
Heard this story on "gasp" NPR this morning, so I looked up the report.  For the camp claiming economic superiority, counties in the US that voted for Biden accounted for 70% of the US's economic activity...  The article talks about Trump winning the electoral college last time but the counties won by Clinton (just threw up in my mouth a little even typing her name) had roughly the same economic impact.  
From the ariticle:    
"Why does this matter? This economic rift that persists in dividing the nation is a problem because it underscores the near-certainty of both continued clashes between the political parties and continued alienation and misunderstandings." 
This rift is scary.  People in these rural areas (rightly so) worry that people in these metropolitan hubs are deciding how they should live their lives, and the metropolitan areas are completely out of touch with life in the rural areas.  Someone proposed the great idea of breaking DC up and sending govt agencies out across the country.  I love that.  It would help reduce the gap in understanding, and maybe bring us closer to the middle where we belong.  No way to make left and right happy on every issue all the time, but we should be better at compromise...

Well the republican sentiment you state above isn’t wrong. There is a large push to make the popular vote the vote that elects the president. Which is scary. I wonder if people who push for that realize what they are asking for.

Semantics...

Semantics why? Why does it not matter specifically in this instance?
  • Downvote 1

Can you please stop trying to make some moral comparison or argument that Biden will be a criminal? There is legitimately no evidence of that.

Guardian, it’s hard to listen to you guys, when you basically get fully on board with conspiracy theories with almost no substance, just because they align with your politics. “But they have 500 affidavits!!” (You actually mistakenly said 11,000 here, but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt). Have you read any of them? Almost none of them have any impact, and the vast majority are in the “I got a reminder to register to vote after I registered to vote.” A few allege that someone saw multiple signatures were the same. The biggest one was officially - in the justice system - recanted by a postal worker. In total, there is literally no way that they could affect the vote. It was a blowout. 3% margin. Unfortunate, but true. And with these fake votes, the GOP maintained control of the senate. Pretty bad fake voting, if you ask me.

You guys are the same folks that said 5 months ago that the response to COVID was a liberal fraud. A global. Liberal. Fraud. Your ability to disregard aggregate scientific or sociological evidence and put your trust in one or two conflicting opinions is part of why we can’t get on the same page. I recently read a study about conservatives being more likely to overvalue experiential or personal stories, and I literally thought of you. I have spent entirely too much time on this forum.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theconversation.com/amp/conservatives-value-personal-stories-more-than-liberals-do-when-evaluating-scientific-evidence-149132

When it comes down to it, Biden is a super boring politician that has a kid who does drugs. And he’s open about it. It makes the “Hillary-esque” character attacks you guys want to make all the more absurd when you try.

Edited by Negatory
  • Like 2