NATO apologises for Afghan Koran 'burning'

HoHum

I think it is important to keep this in perspective.

Regardless of all the other screwed up things happening in that place, they have a right to be extremely pissed about this.

13 people died in one car? That's some ghetto-cruiser!

You've obviously never seen the "family model" mopeds in Thailand/PI/etc. Take a moped, with the father driving (kid on his lap), wife behind him, kid between them. She's sitting on a board and flanked by two kids on either side. Mom's texting on her Nokia, and there's not a helmet in sight.

Now that's ghetto. I miss Asia.

• Upvote 2

If an Army Major went on a shooting rampage at Ft. Hood...what would the US do? So far not a damn thing and POTUS has never said anything about it being murder.....WTF?

Because if POTUS gets up on TV and says "This dude is guilty", dude has a pretty solid case for a mistrial since the most powerful man in the world just engaged in jury tampering (or whatever the technical term is).

• Upvote 1

It will be interesting to see where and how he will be tried. If a foreign service member went on a shooting rampage in, say, Dallas and killed a bunch of civilian women and children, what would the US do?

In Texas??

Edited by SocialD

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/16/world/asia/afghanistan-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Karazai is bitching again. He wants to "meet" with the shooter and for no reason at all, thinks we're lying to him about it being just one soldier.

That dude is showing he's just like every other Afghan, not some savior of the "country"

Here's a Bangkok family sedan executing a nice shoulder pass. And I just missed a family of four do the same thing. It must be a fine way to travel, three billion people in the third world can't be wrong.

To be fair, I saw a family of four pulled over by the cops for the same thing in Sumter, SC. Poor is poor, I guess.

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

Karazai is bitching again. He wants to "meet" with the shooter and for no reason at all, thinks we're lying to him about it being just one soldier.

That dude is showing he's just like every other Afghan, not some savior of the "country"

I find it unbelievable that the Afghans find it unbelievable that 1 man could kill 16 people all by himself. Well, let's see, it was the middle of the night and he had a semiautomatic rifle...doesn't seem that hard. What I can't believe is that in a country where every one and his mother has an AK-47 under the bed that Sgt. Dumbass made it back to base without getting shot.

Who knows, I'm sure the final report will differ significantly from the initial report and especially from what's in the news...

Well, let's see, it was the middle of the night and he had a semiautomatic rifle...doesn't seem that hard.

I know it doesn't change your intent, but last I checked, guys in theater have automatic (3-rd burst option) rifles ie M4's (at least mine was).

But back to the original point--look, Afghans aren't that bright. Neither were the Iraqis, which is pretty bad because the Iraqis are a hell of lot smarter than Afghans.

I know it doesn't change your intent, but last I checked, guys in theater have automatic (3-rd burst option) rifles ie M4's (at least mine was).

Last I checked the Colt M-4 is selective fire, with both semi-automatic AND burst fire modes of operation.

Last I checked the Colt M-4 is selective fire, with both semi-automatic AND burst fire modes of operation.

Ummm, isn't that what I said?

Option refers to either semi-automatic or 3-rd burst. If I was referring to the M4 as only having 3-rd burst, then it wouldn't be much of an option...

Who knows, I'm sure the final report will differ significantly from the initial report and especially from what's in the news...

First rule of combat, the first report is always wrong.