WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

I'll just leave this right here.....annnnnnnnd go.

Some of those cut scenes are footage from the national ad campaign that was in full force about a year ago (I still see them occasionally).  The ads that the footage was taken for were actually fairly well done.  Although I personally would have never participated, if I had been featured in them I also wouldn't be so ashamed of the final product that I would have to quietly sneak out the back door every time one of them came on while I was watching a football game with buddies.

But of course once you put yourself on video for the Air Force, they own your image.  Now you've been shoehorned into this and it'd make me physically ill.  Who knows what else you might end up in over the next 50 years.

Moral of the story:  DON'T TALK TO THE FUCKING MEDIA...and that includes PA.  

• Upvote 4

From the site: http://www.usafband.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123449378

"Quintello has only been in the Air Force now for four months, but she's already turning heads and making great strides. She's the youngest technical sergeant in the Air Force but brings a wealth of musical experience to The U.S. Air Force Band. Recently, she performed at the 2015 Air Force Charity Ball in front of the chief of staff of the Air Force and the secretary of the Air Force, receiving rave reviews from both."

A TSgt with 4 months of military service.

The AF never ceases to amaze me.

Not a bad song, performance or message. Though the keyboard guy reminds me of the Dana Carvey skit when he made fun of musicans who always had the "I have to take a crap look on their face". Message kind of becomes hollow when you dig a little deeper and realize she entered the AF 4 months ago, is 19 years old and is already a TSgt. Once again, the AF shows that the appearance of doing the mission is more important than actually doing the mission. 

• Upvote 4

Message kind of becomes hollow when you dig a little deeper and realize she entered the AF 4 months ago, is 19 years old and is already a TSgt. Once again, the AF shows that the appearance of doing the mission is more important than actually doing the mission. 

It just goes to show how much more of the Air Force has become a joke over the years.  The Marines are the only ones trying to hold onto their true self, and they'll eventually succumb to the PC/'everybody gets a trophy' BS eventually.  

Not sure how she can have a star over her AFSC badge w/ just 4-months of service.

I'm not completely up to speed on the enlisted 3/5/7/9 level requirements. However, if she is a TSgt, she is probably a 7 level and therefore awarded the senior badge.

I'm not completely up to speed on the enlisted 3/5/7/9 level requirements. However, if she is a TSgt, she is probably a 7 level and therefore awarded the senior badge.

I guess that makes band skill levels inflated if you go straight from 0 to 7. Kind of like the firewall 5s we just tried to eradicate. Oprah's back! You get a 7, and you get a 7, and you get a 7! Everyone gets a 7 level.

• Upvote 1

It just goes to show how much more of the Air Force has become a joke over the years.  The Marines are the only ones trying to hold onto their true self, and they'll eventually succumb to the PC/'everybody gets a trophy' BS eventually.  

marines have the exact same policies and personnel for their band.  

Don't let it happen again.  But in all seriousness, don't live in a state or city ran by progressives.  

Yep but even where they live it is do as i say not as i do, behold liberal / progressive hypocrisy and NIMBYism at its worst:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/424550/in-brooklyn-public-schools-progressives-opposing-integration-reihan-salam

Edited by Clark Griswold

Yep but even where they live it is do as i say not as i do, behold liberal / progressive hypocrisy and NIMBYism at its worst:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/424550/in-brooklyn-public-schools-progressives-opposing-integration-reihan-salam

Yep--standard ops.  Progressive politicians will tell you how important our public schools are, how we can make them great, how they just need more money, blah blah blah...but the vast majority will never send their children to these schools.  Another issue is 'climate change'...it's so dangerous and so horrible, yet progressive politicians and elites will have huge (and often multiple) houses using far much more energy than a typical American.  They also travel more, are more likely to take private jets, etc...yet it is my fault for driving a 4 cylinder car to work.  

Judge people on their own actions and you'll usually learn their true intentions. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1