College Football

O Face

ESPN announced that College Gameday will be in Ireland for FSU v GT beginning of next year. I cannot wait to see the signs. 

FSU fans absolutely despise ESPN and specifically, Kirk Herbstreit, after their campaign against Florida State in order to validate an SEC team getting into the playoffs. 

I actually think my family is going to go. Can't wait to hear "F*CK KIRK HERBSTREIT" by thousands.  

On 12/11/2023 at 12:43 PM, VMFA187 said:

ESPN announced that College Gameday will be in Ireland for FSU v GT beginning of next year. I cannot wait to see the signs. 

FSU fans absolutely despise ESPN and specifically, Kirk Herbstreit, after their campaign against Florida State in order to validate an SEC team getting into the playoffs. 

I actually think my family is going to go. Can't wait to hear "F*CK KIRK HERBSTREIT" by thousands.  

Wife wants to go.  Really disappointed in Kirk, he has always been a homer for OSU which I get but his comments about the CFP and leaving FSU are unreal.  There are some claiming he and ESPN put their thumbs on the scale, he is pushing back and crying like a bitch because people are calling him out.  A very interesting article exposes him and how he made the exact opposite argument two years ago:

"An undefeated NON-P5 Cincinnati team who beat TWO ranked teams all year only needed to win the rest of their games, and he thought they would be in. He talks about beating a “decent” SMU team and Houston in their conference championship game like that was enough. FSU beat three ranked teams and EIGHT teams ranked in the top 50F+ ratings That’s the most among any team invited to the playoffs."

@VMFA187 Indeed, Miami is all in ona  quality QB to replace TVD and help mature the kid from Milton.  Many of the so called "experts" look at Miami's recruiting class (3 X 5 stars), flipping commits from Florida and OSU, portal results and bench and think they are an elite QB away from being a contender. 

22 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Need to set my DVR...Which bowl game are the Gators playing in? 

Yeah, can't touch this nail biter! 🤣🤣🤣

The Hurricanes will travel to New York to Yankee Stadium to play Rutgers (6-6, 3-6 Big Ten) in the Bad Boy Mowers Pinstripe Bowl

1 hour ago, M2 said:

Yeah, can't touch this nail biter! 🤣🤣🤣

The Hurricanes will travel to New York to Yankee Stadium to play Rutgers (6-6, 3-6 Big Ten) in the Bad Boy Mowers Pinstripe Bowl

Beats sitting on the couch at home because you don't qualify for a Bowl Game.

4 hours ago, O Face said:

IMG_4602.thumb.jpeg.3d27d3dbb612923dd0f8f367eab12ab2.jpeg

okay okay.. 🙄😆

i am just tired of seeing the same four to five teams in the playoffs.

who knows, maybe NFL won't be seen in the "college football" thread when the NCAA expands their playoff bracket next season.🤷‍♂️

Edited by wikz

4 hours ago, wikz said:

okay okay.. 🙄😆

i am just tired of seeing the same four to five teams in the playoffs.

who knows, maybe NFL won't be seen in the "college football" thread when the NCAA expands their playoff bracket next season.🤷‍♂️

NFL shouldn’t be seen in the College Football thread regardless of how many playoff teams there are. Go make an NFL thread if you’d like to discuss it. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/14/2023 at 2:17 PM, M2 said:

Yeah, the Seminoles are "boycotting" the Orange Bowl because they know Georgia will prove why they don't deserve to be in the national championship playoffs.

Didn't Napier just lose half of his first recruiting class to the portal? I like where things are headed in Gainesville. 

National Signing Day today. 

Man how things have changed with NIL. I think FSU falls out of the top 3 and land around number 6 and KJ Bolden probably flips to UGA. 

I hear that Jeremiah Smith is making 7 figures for OSU after signing with them as the #1 player in the nation. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/17/2023 at 12:58 PM, VMFA187 said:

Didn't Napier just lose half of his first recruiting class to the portal? I like where things are headed in Gainesville. 

Many schools lost a lot of players to the portal this year.

Conversely, many schools picked up a lot of players via the portal this year!

It remains to be seen how Napier adjusts with these new players!

12 hours ago, VMFA187 said:

Rough day for FSU, fell from 3 to probably 11 with two five star flips.

Props to Miami for killing it today.

Mario has faults, recruiting is not one of them.  Flipping Armando Blount from FSU was huge, he also flipped two other Five Stars.  As of now the recruiting class rankings are 1. Georgia, 2. Alabama, 3 Miami, 4. OSU. 

The best part is seeing folks flee from the Gators.  Miami flipped top LB prospect Adarius Hayes from UF which led to this article - Florida’s rough signing day and Billy Napier’s broken promises  "two years into the Napier era, had a disastrous first day of the early signing period."  - I hope they give Napier a life-time contract!

We shall see how it plays out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Recruiting is such a strange thing in modern college football. It's always been overrated, but now with transfer portal and everything else, it's insane how if you bring in a #1 class, you now just lost your previous #1 class to the portal. Such a weird phenomenon.

• Upvote 1