College Football

O Face

9 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

The worst part is all the Bama homers running their man pleasers.  If Bama is one of the best four teams why did they struggle and nearly lose against a 6-6 Auburn last week.  Why did Bama get run by Texas at HOME.  If FSU isn't one of the best how did they win with their #2 Qb....then win again with their #3QB, while holding a top 15 school that averages 468 yards a game to just 68 yards of offense.  It is rigged.

There is a growing call for FSU to boycott the OB - would cost the NCAA some coin!

FSU.jpg

I don’t think that is in the character of this team. I’m all for kneeling our first possession then playing ball. 

2 minutes ago, VMFA187 said:

Ohio State lost.

Yep—sure did.  To the #1 team in the country.  And they don’t deserve to go…even though they dominated most of their average at best teams that they played.  FSU didn’t do this, even with their starting QB.  But hey, if you think FSU will beat Georgia then I recommend you put quite a bit of money on the game because I’m sure it will pay huge.  Let us know what you put down!

15 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

Yep—sure did.  To the #1 team in the country.  And they don’t deserve to go…even though they dominated most of their average at best teams that they played.  FSU didn’t do this, even with their starting QB.  But hey, if you think FSU will beat Georgia then I recommend you put quite a bit of money on the game because I’m sure it will pay huge.  Let us know what you put down!

They barely beat ND who had 10 men on the field,  a team that was dominated by Louisville. 

What happened to that Louisville team last night?

53 minutes ago, VMFA187 said:

They barely beat ND who had 10 men on the field,  a team that was dominated by Louisville. 

What happened to that Louisville team last night?

The difference here is that I don’t think Ohio State or FSU deserve to go.  When you beat BC by 2 points, that’s not exactly portraying dominance when you have a weak schedule.  More importantly, how much are you going to bet on FSU beating Georgia?  If I were as confident as you are, I’d be putting down some serious cash.

Edited by HeloDude

1 hour ago, HeloDude said:

The difference here is that I don’t think Ohio State or FSU deserve to go.  When you beat BC by 2 points, that’s not exactly portraying dominance when you have a weak schedule.  More importantly, how much are you going to bet on FSU beating Georgia?  If I were as confident as you are, I’d be putting down some serious cash.

Alabama beat Auburn in a last second 4th and 31. An Auburn who lost to New Mexico State. They also LOST to Texas. They deserve to go?

Only SOME games matter? Is this fucking WWE?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, HeloDude said:

More importantly, how much are you going to bet on FSU beating Georgia?  If I were as confident as you are, I’d be putting down some serious cash.

Well, I think you landed on the real reason...more money will flow with 'Bama being there. 

But, I won't be surprised if FSU and Clemson bail on the ACC...ESPN has a clear bias for the SEC (which has a losing record overall to ACC this year) and proven it's the P2 +2

Notch another mark in your belt boys...killed the PAC-12, and will probably kill the ACC.  Apparently winning all your games doesn't matter any longer.

Boo Corrigan can get fucked

EDIT to add:  changed P3+1 to P2+2.  Once that school in Austin leaves, the Big-12 is just as screwed over as ACC is. 

Just what the college football tradition is all about...2 super Conferences and everyone else.

Boo Corrigan can still get fucked

Edited by GKinnear
readin' & writin' ain't my forte
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, VMFA187 said:

Alabama beat Auburn in a last second 4th and 31. An Auburn who lost to New Mexico State. They also LOST to Texas. They deserve to go?

Only SOME games matter? Is this fucking WWE?

When you beat the #1 team in the country for the conference championship , I think that speaks for itself lol.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

When you beat the #1 team in the country for the conference championship , I think that speaks for itself lol.

Going undefeated, on the road, and with backup QB #2 & #3 speaks for it self...unless you're not in the SEC or Big-10.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, GKinnear said:

Going undefeated, on the road, and with backup QB #2 & #3 speaks for it self...unless you're not in the SEC or Big-10.

How much are you going put on FSU beating Georgia since you’re so confident they’re a top 4 team, when Georgia isn’t?  VMFA refuses to answer the question lol.  I said in my original post that I think it’s kind of messed up they went undefeated and didn’t get in, but that I don’t think they’re one of the 4 best teams…if they are, then they should be able to beat Georgia...but I don’t see that happening.  And without their 1st string QB, how are they going to be one of the best 4 teams?  

• Downvote 3

Since we’re asking rhetorical questions that have no bearing on the actual argument I’ll throw one out. Alabama goes undefeated, FSU has one loss, who goes to the CFP. 

Bonus round: Since everyone knows Alabama and Georgia are better than Washington, Michigan, and Texas, why don’t we just crown the SEC champion the national champion.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

How much are you going put on FSU beating Georgia since you’re so confident they’re a top 4 team, when Georgia isn’t?  VMFA refuses to answer the question lol.  I said in my original post that I think it’s kind of messed up they went undefeated and didn’t get in, but that I don’t think they’re one of the 4 best teams…if they are, then they should be able to beat Georgia...but I don’t see that happening.  And without their 1st string QB, how are they going to be one of the best 4 teams?  

I'm not betting anything...and that's the issue. 

Enough people are betting, as well as TV just throwing money at the sport in an effort to turn people's emotional connection to a college into dollars down the road, that the chase to maximize the $$$ is the deciding factor.

As a team, FSU is one of the 4 best teams in the country....look at the undefeated record in what used to be a Power-5 conference.  Hell, ACC has dominated the CFB Playoffs just as much as the SEC has....yes it's mostly Clemson (Go TIGERS!), but other than UGA's recent run, it's been all 'Bama in the SEC.

If it's down to who you feel as deserving in the playoffs, why didn't the Big-12 put OU in over OSU in their conference game? 

But the record is what fucking matters...not how you feel about it.

'Bama's on field record doesn't warrant a Playoff spot...they lost to a team (t.u.) who lost to a team (OU) who lost to Kansas.

They also needed Auburn to implode...a team that lost to NM State lost the Iron Bowl instead of 'Bama winning it.

I'm not the CFB Playoff Committee chair, and I haven't been paid by anyone to vote...but Boo Corrigan can get fucked.

BONUS Mention:  Kirk Herbstreit, Joe Tessitore, Jesse Palmer, and any other ESPN & CBS on-air talent that sucks from the teat of CFB Playoff money...can get fucked.

• Upvote 1

The college football post season is a scam. Always has been frankly. The poll era, BCS, 4 team playoff, and the upcoming 12 team playoff are all scams based on beauty contests and money. The irony is the old systems actually allowed more outsiders to flirt with national prominence than the current playoff scheme.  

There is a reason the NFL has a defined, record based, system to make the playoffs. If Mahomes breaks his leg before the playoffs, the but the Chiefs have the record to make it, they’re in. No question about it. 

Hell, every other level of college football has a well structured playoff that actually rewards a season of success. This whole “committee” thing is bullshit. 

Then pile on the disaster that is NIL and transfer portal, and college football is on a path to self destruction. It’s just that the football factories and TV networks haven’t realized it yet. 

If you’re going to watch people get paid to play football, might as well watch the NFL where there is a salary cap, trade rules, and a real playoff. 

Signed - Former die hard college football fan 

20 minutes ago, GKinnear said:

But the record is what fucking matters...not how you feel about it.

No, it’s not about the record…it’s about getting the 4 best team, not necessarily the teams with the best records.  If that was the case then why would any team schedule a challenging team during pre-conference play?  I agree with committee that FSU is not one of the 4 best teams.  I could definitely make the argument for Georgia though.

As for not betting, it’s the only way to actually know how people truly think.  I’m not much for gambling, but if I were and I definitely felt confident FSU was a top team, then I would put a lot of money on Georgia since they’ll be favored.  Otherwise, it’s just emotions being tossed around and your opinion on the matter is no better/worse than mine or anyone else’s on here since we’re not getting paid for our opinion of the game.  Though I do appreciate and enjoy the banter.  In the end, as much as I enjoy watching some good college football, it’s just a game and entertainment for me.  For 99% of us (those who are not coaches, related to the players, etc) it should all come down to entertainment…and I refuse to allow my next day’s joy to be ruined by entertainment (or lack there of).

Not if you lost to someone else.

Question - Did that loss count?

I’m not betting anything because the game doesn’t matter. Our highest draft pick just thanked the university for the opportunity to play. He’s not playing. Neither is Verse or several other dudes for us or them dumb ****. Only the CFP matters now. You know that. Your team lost fair and square. We never had the opportunity.

21 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

No, it’s not about the record…it’s about getting the 4 best team, not necessarily the teams with the best records.  If that was the case then why would any team schedule a challenging team during pre-conference play?  I agree with committee that FSU is not one of the 4 best teams.  I could definitely make the argument for Georgia though.

As for not betting, it’s the only way to actually know how people truly think.  I’m not much for gambling, but if I were and I definitely felt confident FSU was a top team, then I would put a lot of money on Georgia since they’ll be favored.  Otherwise, it’s just emotions being tossed around and your opinion on the matter is no better/worse than mine or anyone else’s on here since we’re not getting paid for our opinion of the game.  Though I do appreciate and enjoy the banter.  In the end, as much as I enjoy watching some good college football, it’s just a game and entertainment for me.  For 99% of us (those who are not coaches, related to the players, etc) it should all come down to entertainment…and I refuse to allow my next day’s joy to be ruined by entertainment (or lack there of).

I agree with you on most issues from my recollection.

Why do we play games if they don’t matter? Can you answer that? I answered the question you said I refused to answer because I’ve been spending time with my family.

Do wins and losses matter? 

Is 13-0 > 12-1?

Yes or no?

4 minutes ago, VMFA187 said:

I agree with you on most issues from my recollection.

Why do we play games if they don’t matter? Can you answer that? I answered the question you said I refused to answer because I’ve been spending time with my family.

Do wins and losses matter? 

Is 13-0 > 12-1?

Yes or no?

Depends on who you play and the quality of the win and a bunch of other factors.  If it was all about your record, then UCF would have made the playoffs several years ago and Liberty would be going this year.  The good news is that next year any team that goes undefeated will automatically get in (I think?).

30 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

No, it’s not about the record…it’s about getting the 4 best team, not necessarily the teams with the best records.  

Why play football? Let’s just call championships by recruiting rankings.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

As for not betting, it’s the only way to actually know how people truly think.  I’m not much for gambling, but if I were and I definitely felt confident FSU was a top team, then I would put a lot of money on Georgia since they’ll be favored.

Alabama was a 9 point favorite when they played Texas...just sayin.

And when you LOSE to the #7 team and save a Hail Mary almost lose to a 6-6 Auburn, I think that speaks for itself.

• Upvote 1

It should also be noted that the "committee" kept FSU in the top 4 even after the injury. They then won all their remaining games. Yet the "committee" comes out today and said that the injury to Travis was the deciding factor.

The injury happened weeks ago and didn't impact the rankings until it looked like an SEC team was going to be left out.

It's all a corrupt scam. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Alabama was a 9 point favorite when they played Texas...just sayin.

And when you LOSE to the #7 team and save a Hail Mary almost loose to a 6-6 Auburn, I think that speaks for itself.

Well, I guess the committee thought differently.  Like I said, I think it’s kind of messed up that an undefeated team doesn’t get in, but the job of the committee wasn’t to automatically put in an undefeated team.