College Football

O Face

2 hours ago, VMFA187 said:

CH - Are you a 'Canes fan? 

HAHAHAHAHAHA. I hope you guys keep Cristobal forever. Wish I had known this a few weeks ago. 😆

I will lol when you guys get donkey punched out of the playoff.  Sucks you lost your QB, I don't see you winning without him.   Maybe against Louisville this weekend but certainly not against one of the contenders. 

For the record...the all time record between FSU and Miami still favors Miami...oh and those pesky FIVE rings (should be seven but that is my quibbling)

As football winds down we move to BBall.  Miami off a Final Four appearance started the year 5-0 and is currently ranked #8.  We also stole your best player in the portal Matthew Cleveland...man that's gotta suck.

I hope you guys keep Leonard Hamilton forever, so glad we dumped him.  All these years and he can't get you past the Sweet 16 and you are on a downward trajectory finishing #12 in the ACC last year...BAHAHAHA...that's gotta hurt.

4 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

I will lol when you guys get donkey punched out of the playoff.  Sucks you lost your QB, I don't see you winning without him.   Maybe against Louisville this weekend but certainly not against one of the contenders. 

For the record...the all time record between FSU and Miami still favors Miami...oh and those pesky FIVE rings (should be seven but that is my quibbling)

As football winds down we move to BBall.  Miami off a Final Four appearance started the year 5-0 and is currently ranked #8.  We also stole your best player in the portal Matthew Cleveland...man that's gotta suck.

I hope you guys keep Leonard Hamilton forever, so glad we dumped him.  All these years and he can't get you past the Sweet 16 and you are on a downward trajectory finishing #12 in the ACC last year...BAHAHAHA...that's gotta hurt.

First - FSU has a basketball team? I’ve honestly never watched a single game.

We’ll see. That’s why the game is played. If we beat Louisville, after that we’re just playing with house money after losing JT. Auburn got trounced by NM State two weeks ago only to throw away their win against Alabama on a last second 4th and goal from about the 30.

Us being 3-6 three years ago, to 10-3 last year, and now 12-0 and sitting at number four in the second to last CFP Rankings with a top three recruiting class shows where we are trending. Regardless of what happens Saturday, the future of Florida State Football looks bright under CMN.

10 hours ago, VMFA187 said:

First - FSU has a basketball team? I’ve honestly never watched a single game?

They do and they used to be good.  You've been to the Sweet 16 a few times and never noticed?  Come on Devil Dog, don't be a one trick pony.  I am not a softball fan my friend's daughter is one of the top three recruits int he nations.  FSU's Womens team is really good, 19 ACC Championships.

We’ll see. That’s why the game is played. If we beat Louisville, after that we’re just playing with house money after losing JT. Auburn got trounced by NM State two weeks ago only to throw away their win against Alabama on a last second 4th and goal from about the 30.

It all hinges on your freshman QB. he can throw but does not have the mobility of Travis Jordan and he is about to see a LOT more speed and size coming at him.  Not being a hater but a win against Louisville is one thing, getting through Michigan and their defense is another thing.  But...as you noted, you gotta play the game.

Us being 3-6 three years ago, to 10-3 last year, and now 12-0 and sitting at number four in the second to last CFP Rankings with a top three recruiting class shows where we are trending. Regardless of what happens Saturday, the future of Florida State Football looks bright under CMN.

The future is indeed bright and you have a superb coach, if he stays.  He is young and obviously a hot commodity, I wonder if he feels the challenge of the NFL?  I don't place as much trust in recruiting classes as you do, the transfer portal put pressure back on the coaches.  You might recruit all these great kids but if they don't get to play out of the gate they are free to walk to another school to increase their exposure.  I've always had mixed feelings on FSU, coming out of high school I was highly recruited by UM and UF but not a word from FSU, that bothered me until we won the Natty in 87 and again in 89.  Bobby was of course a legend and if Norvell stays he could be as well.  I'd wish you luck, but I wouldn't mean it 🙂

10 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

They do and they used to be good.  You've been to the Sweet 16 a few times and never noticed?  Come on Devil Dog, don't be a one trick pony.  I am not a softball fan my friend's daughter is one of the top three recruits int he nations.  FSU's Womens team is really good, 19 ACC Championships.

It all hinges on your freshman QB. he can throw but does not have the mobility of Travis Jordan and he is about to see a LOT more speed and size coming at him.  Not being a hater but a win against Louisville is one thing, getting through Michigan and their defense is another thing.  But...as you noted, you gotta play the game.

The future is indeed bright and you have a superb coach, if he stays.  He is young and obviously a hot commodity, I wonder if he feels the challenge of the NFL?  I don't place as much trust in recruiting classes as you do, the transfer portal put pressure back on the coaches.  You might recruit all these great kids but if they don't get to play out of the gate they are free to walk to another school to increase their exposure.  I've always had mixed feelings on FSU, coming out of high school I was highly recruited by UM and UF but not a word from FSU, that bothered me until we won the Natty in 87 and again in 89.  Bobby was of course a legend and if Norvell stays he could be as well.  I'd wish you luck, but I wouldn't mean it 🙂

Sorry, it's all NCAA football and motorsports for me. I haven't been able to work on any of my toys since September so after the season I'll return to those. 

Indeed. He is actually more mobile than you'd imagine, but he obviously doesn't see the read's or feel the pressure nearly as quickly as JT or he'd have been starting. I'm hoping those reps in Trashville last week will pay off - We'll see in about 74 hours.

I agree, the portal will and has changed things forever. Norvell has benefitted from it more than most, Keon Coleman and Jared Verse, our two players likely to go in the first round were found there. I think it'll be an interesting dynamic moving forward. There is talk of us getting a QB with one year of eligibility but how would our 4* Freshman or 5* class of 2024 recruit take that? Time will tell. 

That's fair, and I'll admit that I don't dislike you guys as much as I do UF. But it's close. Probably because you haven't been relevant in over 20 years. 🙂

7 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

Barry Sanders, Thurman Thomas, and I are alumni of the same school (Go Pokes!)

Bama fans will be rooting for you guys this weekend. And I'll be watching. Sad to know this will be the last Saturday filled with games. I feel Sept 2nd and 3rd wasn't that long ago. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

@VMFA187 You can thank @M2 and the thugs in Gainesville.  Breaking news indicates Florida State QB Tate Rodemaker is out of the ACC championship due to concussion protocol from this late hit.  Big hill to climb with your 3rd string QB.

Warchant reporters leaked it in a podcast yesterday morning speaking about Brock being the only one taking snaps in 11 on 11. 

Pressure makes diamonds.

5 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

@VMFA187 You can thank @M2 and the thugs in Gainesville.  Breaking news indicates Florida State QB Tate Rodemaker is out of the ACC championship due to concussion protocol from this late hit.  Big hill to climb with your 3rd string QB.

If a hurricane is callin them thugs you know they must be legit.

• Haha 3

What a mess they have to deal with now...someone is going to be justifiably butthurt.

The playoff should be:

1.  Michigan

2. Washington

3. FSU

4. Texas

Last week the chairman of the selection committee said "Head to Head no matter when they play."  IF they follow their own rules and statements:

Alabama beat Georgia...Adios Georgia (you had a great run).

Texas beat Alabama...adios Nick.

Michigan, Washington and FSU are all undefeated power five champions.  And before they bash FSU, they beat a top 15 school with their 3rd string QB while holding them to 68 yards.  I don't like FSU but I hope they stick to the facts...

What I fear is the so called "eye test" which is ALWAYS tainted by SEC colored glasses.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Clearly they learned nothing from the UCF debacle a few years go.  The "strength of schedule" argument is BS and is an argument from silence.  Until they get to the larger playoff format, the only focus should be determining on who is the best.  No one cares who is second or third best.  There should never be a D-1 undefeated team left out of the playoffs. 

I'm light years away from being a FSU fan, but they got screwed.  I cannot ever think of a time that I would have ever even remotely considered cheering for FSU, but I hope they win their bowl and make the NCAA show themselves to be the bunch of clowns they are with a third (and completely avoidable) shared national championship.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HeloDude said:

I definitely don’t think they are one of the 4 best teams

Well, as long as it's based on feelings then I guess it's all good! Who really cares about wins anyway? I mean, a great team can't win a national championship with a back-up QB, so thinking and feeling is the right choice. Oops, I forget that four of the last nine college championships were won by teams who had to field their back-up QB.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HeloDude said:

As much as I think it’s kind of messed up for FSU to go undefeated in a “top” conference (ACC is pretty weak these days), I definitely don’t think they are one of the 4 best teams.  Good on the committee for getting it right this year. 

Why play the fucking games if they don’t matter?

ACC went 6-3 against the SEC this year.

FSU rose to the challenge all 13 weeks. Alabama and Texas did not.

Edited by VMFA187

24 minutes ago, skibum said:

Well, as long as it's based on feelings then I guess it's all good! Who really cares about wins anyway? I mean, a great team can't win a national championship with a back-up QB, so thinking and feeling is the right choice. Oops, I forget that four of the last nine college championships were won by teams who had to field their back-up QB.

Humans are making these decisions, not computers…so everyone has some of their “feelings” being involved with their decisions.  FSU getting to play Georgia for their bowl game is great…if I’m a betting man, I know where I would put my money lol.

1 minute ago, HeloDude said:

Humans are making these decisions, not computers…so everyone has some of their “feelings” being involved with their decisions.  FSU getting to play Georgia for their bowl game is great…if I’m a betting man, I know where I would put my money lol.

And who had Washington beating Oregon again? Results are what should count. Otherwise it’s a beauty contest and not a competition.

What ESPN and the SEC did today has changed this sport.

2 minutes ago, VMFA187 said:

If FSU had destroyed all their opponents, we would be having a different conversation.  Oh and UCF didn’t make it a few years ago either.  If your schedule is on the weaker side (compared to the other teams we’re discussing) then you need to dominate to make it decisive.  I’m of the opinion that FSU will lose to Georgia, who also didn’t make the playoffs…if and when that happens, then hopefully more people will see the committee got it right.

Just now, HeloDude said:

If FSU had destroyed all their opponents, we would be having a different conversation.  Oh and UCF didn’t make it a few years ago either.  If your schedule is on the weaker side (compared to the other teams we’re discussing) then you need to dominate to make it decisive.  I’m of the opinion that FSU will lose to Georgia, who also didn’t make the playoffs…if and when that happens, then hopefully more people will see the committee got it right.

We did everything we could - Scheduled LSU and UF, not our fault they didn’t work out.

We didn’t lose a single game. Alabama and Texas did. 

Why did Cincinnati play a couple of years ago?

49 minutes ago, VMFA187 said:

FSU rose to the challenge all 13 weeks. Alabama and Texas did not.

The worst part is all the Bama homers running their man pleasers.  If Bama is one of the best four teams why did they struggle and nearly lose against a 6-6 Auburn last week.  Why did Bama get run by Texas at HOME.  If FSU isn't one of the best how did they win with their #2 QB....then win again with their #3QB, while holding a top 15 school that averages 468 yards a game to just 68 yards of offense.  It is rigged.

There is a growing call for FSU to boycott the OB - would cost the NCAA some coin!

FSU.jpg

Mikejpg.jpg

Just now, VMFA187 said:

We did everything we could - Scheduled LSU and UF, not our fault they didn’t work out.

We didn’t lose a single game. Alabama and Texas did. 

Why did Cincinnati play a couple of years ago?

You guys barely beat some average at best teams.  You also lost your QB.  And there are some better one loss teams.  I think Ohio State is better than FSU as well, but Ohio State didn’t deserve to get in either.

If FSU beats Georgia later this month (possible, but not likely) then I’ll entertain what could/should have happened.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

You guys barely beat some average at best teams.  You also lost your QB.  And there are some better one loss teams.  I think Ohio State is better than FSU as well, but Ohio State didn’t deserve to get in either.

If FSU beats Georgia later this month (possible, but not likely) then I’ll entertain what could/should have happened.

Ohio State lost.