College Football

O Face

1 hour ago, M2 said:

I have not heard a single Gator claim UF is "the best team in the nation." 

In fact, there is still a lot of skepticism for the remaining schedule.

I was on FB this morning and for some ungodly reason they showed a post from the Gator Nation page recommending I join the group 🤮.  The post included a long group of posts claiming the Gators are the #1 team in the nation, obviously the fan base needs a random urinalysis. 

• Haha 1

Joe Milton and the Vols really underperformed in that game. They have a more talented team but fell flat on their face.

Colorado vs Colorado State...man. CSU had so many opportunities to win that game. Colorado is soooo overrated, holy crap. They've got some good individual talent, but they don't have the depth at the DL or talent at the LB positions to beat really good teams without having to score 40 points. Additionally, they don't have the beef to hold up all year. Look at the difference between their players and Alabama. In a couple years of training and growth, look out.

Also, the media is doing the classic thing where they are simping like crazy to the whole Sanders family to watch them fall apart and then ask if their whole schtick is a distraction. The perfect example was talking about Shedeur Sanders having all this poise and catching him on camera poking a CSU DL in the eyes while they're saying it. Or his insistence on being in the middle of everything and starting all kinds of shit with the other team. They're going to lose eventually and I think that loss will be pretty ugly. Everyone will dogpile on when it happens which really sucks. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Danger41 said:

Joe Milton and the Vols really underperformed in that game. They have a more talented team but fell flat on their face.

Colorado vs Colorado State...man. CSU had so many opportunities to win that game. Colorado is soooo overrated, holy crap. They've got some good individual talent, but they don't have the depth at the DL or talent at the LB positions to beat really good teams without having to score 40 points. Additionally, they don't have the beef to hold up all year. Look at the difference between their players and Alabama. In a couple years of training and growth, look out.

Also, the media is doing the classic thing where they are simping like crazy to the whole Sanders family to watch them fall apart and then ask if their whole schtick is a distraction. The perfect example was talking about Shedeur Sanders having all this poise and catching him on camera poking a CSU DL in the eyes while they're saying it. Or his insistence on being in the middle of everything and starting all kinds of shit with the other team. They're going to lose eventually and I think that loss will be pretty ugly. Everyone will dogpile on when it happens which really sucks. 

That loss will be in a week or 2 vs Oregon or sc.  

6 hours ago, VMFA187 said:

How is Michigan not getting punished for not playing anyone?

Because it is Michigan...bias just like for the SEC teams. 

While we are the subject of bias, all this BS love for the Irish came crashing down.  They were so Tumbleweed they played the last two (and most important downs), of the game with only 10 players.

F6wv3UWbEAAjApX.jpg:large

Yep, critical mistake. I'm curious how strong OSU and ND actually are. Will be following the ND @ Duke game closely this weekend. 

And unfortunately, it looks like FSU's third portion of the season is turning out to be much more challenging than originally anticipated. Six ACC teams are 4-0 which is the first time that's happened in any conference since the SEC in 2010. 

Maybe its because I'm not a Bama or Clemson or Georgia fan, and our dynasty is long removed, but the new age of conference football has seemingly made it more exciting with the apparent parity. 

• Upvote 1

All week long in my area we heard the chant of Gator fans proclaiming they are back and they are going to crush Kentucky in this grudge match.  I must say it was enjoyable watching Kentucky RUN the Gators.

IMG_4700.thumb.jpg.49d27a4b9cb93d6350a6a5f711271e3d.jpg

What up with Coach Prime and clock management...they came roaring back and burned six minutes off the clock with horrific play calling. No time outs so you run the ball up the middle 4 times...unreal.

Also nice to see Brian Kelly and LSU get popped int he nose by Ole Miss...Hotty Totty!

Finally, Michigan pummeled poor Nebraska, anyone remember the last time the Huskers were good/relevant...yeah me either.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

All week long in my area we heard the chant of Gator fans proclaiming they are back and they are going to crush Kentucky in this grudge match.  I must say it was enjoyable watching Kentucky RUN the Gators.

What up with Coach Prime and clock management...they came roaring back and burned six minutes off the clock with horrific play calling. No time outs so you run the ball up the middle 4 times...unreal.

Also nice to see Brian Kelly and LSU get popped int he nose by Ole Miss...Hotty Totty!

Finally, Michigan pummeled poor Nebraska, anyone remember the last time the Huskers were good/relevant...yeah me either.

It's just too bad that Auburn didn't pull it off over Georgia, that would be have been a nice scrambling of the rankings.  

It's just too bad that Auburn didn't pull it off over Georgia, that would be have been a nice scrambling of the rankings.  

No…

If Auburn had won out against Georgia it would be the catalyst to “see the SEC is so deep with talent and that’s why they all deserve to be ranked!”

And then people would forget how badly across the conference they’ve done this year and we’d be back to putting a 2 loss Bama or LSU in front of a 1 or 0 loss Penn State/USC/etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 9/30/2023 at 4:09 PM, ClearedHot said:

Back in the day when I was going on football recruiting trips in high school I went to Nebraska. After my visit, they fired Frank Solich (for bad recruiting among other things)and the program has been down bad ever since. So yes,I personally destroyed the Nebraska football program.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, guineapigfury said:

Nebraska went to the Big 10 Championship game in 2012, where they were stomped by Wisconsin.  That's the last time they had any notable success.

Funny thing was that Nebraska beat Wisconsin in the regular season, only to lose my 69 points two months later. 

Several teams thought to be dominant didn't perform well this week, only winning by 7 - USC, Washington, UGA... Plus all those "strong" PAC-12 teams will play each other and doubtful that anyone comes out unscathed.

I think Michigan is currently the team that looks most complete, but very hard to tell given their week schedule. 

Looking forward to Saturday. Disappointed that Duke couldn't pull it off against ND to show OSU is overrated and unfortunately they went from ACC contenders to probably bowl eligible losing their QB for more than a couple weeks. 

• Upvote 1

A lot of questionable officiating, even more questionable coaching decisions - No taking a knee? Inexcusable. I hate Miami, but I feel bad for their coach letting down their players. And Arizona not going for 2 in the first OT? Wow. 

Interested to see Oregon and Washington this coming Saturday. That winner is very possibly playing in the CFP. 

I think Texas plays OU again for the Big 12 championship and that team goes to the CFP due to the strength of schedule remaining for both.

Seems like UGA and Michigan finally found their rhythm and both look menacing from their Saturday performances. 

I don't think FSU will get a mulligan. They have to win out and win the ACCCG to get to the CFP. 

• 3 weeks later...

First CFP rankings come out tomorrow. Only a couple unbeatens left. Was fortunate enough to fly out from San Diego to see FSU at Wake this weekend and it was fun to watch. Our offense and defense look like they're both getting better. 

Interesting WTF is happening with Michigan - Some shady stuff for sure. 

31 minutes ago, VMFA187 said:

First CFP rankings come out tomorrow. Only a couple unbeatens left.

Unfortunately there's exactly 1 too many for the current CFP playoff format! Lucky for them they'll get bailed out by at least one of OSU/MI losing when they play each other. All the rest I could see winning out, winning their conferences and then sorry for OSU/MI loser and Oregon, you're on the outside looking in.

I'm really looking forward to an expanded playoff next season.