Flying Videos Thread Part 2?

Slick

On 7/13/2023 at 5:05 AM, FourFans said:

Somehow, @BQZip01's mom was involved.

That's too "tight" of a formation for her to be there. Lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Michigan airshow crash report suggests pilot, backseater out of sync on whether to eject

The pilot of the Russian-made Fighter that crashed earlier this month during the Thunder over Michigan Airshow in Belleville was trying to land the plane while the backseater acknowledged to investigators he likely pulled the ejection handles for both of them, a preliminary investigation found.

The report suggested that moments before the jet hit the ground during the Yankee's Air Museum annual event, the pilot and backseater — who were racing against the clock in a plummeting plane — had different views about what to do.

F You Nav!

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Michigan airshow crash report suggests pilot, backseater out of sync on whether to eject

The pilot of the Russian-made Fighter that crashed earlier this month during the Thunder over Michigan Airshow in Belleville was trying to land the plane while the backseater acknowledged to investigators he likely pulled the ejection handles for both of them, a preliminary investigation found.

The report suggested that moments before the jet hit the ground during the Yankee's Air Museum annual event, the pilot and backseater — who were racing against the clock in a plummeting plane — had different views about what to do.

F You Nav!

Like a PIC veto-handle...from behind

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

F You Nav!

Our Saudi Pilot in UPT told a few of us (classmates) on a friday as we were sipping a few cold ones in Python flight, that "I almost pulled the ejection handle in the pattern for the flashing OBOGs light"  we thought he was joking.   He wasn't.    I told him to never tell anyone that again and that he is fucking retarded.  The IP had no idea.  He would have ejected into the Vance AFB housing area on a Friday afternoon.  The saudi is now a F-15 pilot.  I am confident that one of my gunners could shoot him down with a m240.   Lol.  

That article reminds me of a UPT sortie. During my -38 cross country a bunch of tails were fueled that was contaminated with DEF. I'm in the backseat of one of the effected jets, and after an uneventful departure and cruise we're on vectors at KAMA.  I put power in leveling out on final to not get slow 5nm from the FAF and nothing happens. I move them up more RPM doesn't change, no MGT rise. My IP took it at that point and goes to the mil stop, into AB, and back to what felt around 90 and the RPM doesn't shift from 80/82 respectively.  Even as a dumbass stud I knew we were in a negative energy state for level flight, clean. He briefly says to the effect "get your stuff together, we might need to get out." I trusted him (and the seat) through that pattern and we landed flaps 60%, and even with that the jet fell out (read stalled) in the flare. 

For the MIG-23 incident, I can see potential confusion on verbiage and ejection decision criteria, especially if it was someone with limited aviation experience. The NTSB preliminary report mentions if either seat goes both go. In non 0-0 seats I would not delay the decision to eject, and doubt those were.   

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/343511

Edited by Chef16

This is a long one (sts).  Good for the size queens. Lol

14 hours ago, Marco said:

So few “content creators” (I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit..) on YouTube do mishap videos right, but this is as close to ‘right’ as we will likely get.  Good on Gunny for asking questions and (mostly) getting out of the way so Mark could tell his story, and what a story is was..

16 hours ago, wikz said:

B E A utiful.

Was that ROBERTA?  Lol

Cool video though.  

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

I want one of these!!! But a B-26.   With midget gunners lol.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, uhhello said:

You f'n piece of shit.  It's 'little people'

I don't care what they're called, I'll take a baker's dozen.  

3-4 Gunners, a FE, Bombardier, Radio Operator and a few to be mx guys.  

Edited by Biff_T
Clarification