FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

Does anybody have confirmation that VSP will have to get routed through your SQ and WG/CC before it goes to AFPC? My SQ/CC seemed to think it would go straight to AFPC.

Just to confirm - VSP application is dead in the water until they release the updated PSDM, correct?

audioflyer,

That's correct about it being postponed. I applied and got an email from my CC saying that the VSP program has been postponed and further guidance from AFPC should be coming the next few weeks. Awesome, right?

Look, everyone needs to just take a deep breath and relax. This delay is a good thing. Have faith that the personnelists in the Pentagon are taking a second look at the $$ and AFSCs involved based on the ever-changing fiscal realities. You may not be required for VSP selection and (consequently) have the opportunity to continue serving your country!

In through the nose....out through the mouth....everything will be ok....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 14

Have faith that the personnelists in the Pentagon are taking a second look at the $$ and AFSCs involved based on the ever-changing fiscal realities.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I have ZERO faith in anyone working in senior A1 management at the pentagon or AFPC. Abso-fucking-lutely none.

Would you have faith in pilots that just landed at the wrong airport? Well A1 et al have landed at the wrong fucking airport multiple times with the shenanigans surrounding the 2011 VSP, the 187, this latest round of force shaping measures, etc.

Faith in other human beings is earned, not given blindly. Earn it.

You may not be required for VSP selection and (consequently) have the opportunity to continue serving your country!

Wait...what?

You realize you're talking about VSP, a VOLUNTARY program. That's what the V stands for.

Anyone thinking about applying by definition does not want to continue serving on active duty and most want a thorough, well-communicated and timely plan, not more RUMINT and delays.

Edited by nsplayr
  • Upvote 7

Look, everyone needs to just take a deep breath and relax. This delay is a good thing. Have faith that the personnelists in the Pentagon are taking a second look at the $$ and AFSCs involved based on the ever-changing fiscal realities. You may not be required for VSP selection and (consequently) have the opportunity to continue serving your country!

I'm not sure thats what people are hoping for...

Mods, if this clown isn't a textbook example of a troll, I don't know what is.

Have faith that the personnelists in the Pentagon are taking a second look at the $$ and AFSCs involved based on the ever-changing fiscal realities.

The window for TERA opened today after people were notified weeks ago they were eligible. When they followed the instructions to apply today they got to the first step and were stopped with a message saying that the AF will notify them in 10 days if they are eligible or not.

Yeah… lots of faith in those personnelists running this shit show!!!

In the aircrew world, this is called "I have a secret." Best case, it erodes trust. Worst case, it makes airplanes crash. All people are asking from AFPC is transparency and access to information that directly affects the rest of their entire lives.

Edited by HU&W
  • Upvote 4

In the aircrew world, this is called "I have a secret." Best case, it erodes trust. Worst case, it makes airplanes crash. All people are asking from AFPC is transparency and access to information that directly affects the rest of their entire lives.

I hear you, but transparency can be dangerous too (at times when rumor control is difficult). Trust Brig Gen Grosso- I promise you, she is a leader of great character who has the Air Force's best interest at heart, as should we all (core value #2).

The window for TERA opened today after people were notified weeks ago they were eligible. When they followed the instructions to apply today they got to the first step and were stopped with a message saying that the AF will notify them in 10 days if they are eligible or not.

Yeah… lots of faith in those personnelists running this shit show!!!

Patience my friend, patience. Reference my post above.

• Downvote 14

I hear you, but transparency can be dangerous too (at times when rumor control is difficult). Trust Brig Gen Grosso- I promise you, she is a leader of great character who has the Air Force's best interest at heart, as should we all (core value #2).

Patience my friend, patience. Reference my post above.

So what's the deal Chang… is this like the Obamacare website that can only handle 50,000 applications a day and you guys were worried about it crashing today??? I'm going to let you in on a little secret… lots of people are planning on taking the AF up on their TERA offer and already had to show their cards to their bosses. Nobody has confidence in A1 or anyone running this… nobody knows who Gen Grosso is and fewer care. This "roll out" of FSB is not showing off any great leadership or character… it is showing already expected and anticipated incompetence!

(core value #2).

Dude really? This isn't a ROTC or SOS class, I'm pretty sure most of the people on here are intimately familiar with this having just finished up the holidays which a good majority probably did not spend with our families.

• Upvote 1

Did you seriously just throw core value #2 at the very dudes who constitute THE Air Force contribution to efforts over the last 10+ years? You should be ashamed of yourself. There are people on here who probably have more deployments than everyone at AFPC combined, never mind yourself. I don't know what kind of shoe clerkery you are involved in, nor do I really care, but I'm willing to bet that your definition of "service" is significantly different than the definition we use around here.

Want to help clarify some of this RIF/VSP buffoonery? Please, we would like nothing more, but DO NOT come here and try to lecture us about our alleged lack of service or our lack of faith in a unit which has repeatedly implemented the most asinine, obtuse, and myopic personnel programs. Faith is a synonym for trust, it is tediously earned and easily lost, and you are not helping to earn back anyone's trust or faith here.

• Upvote 15

Trust Brig Gen Grosso- I promise you, she is a leader of great character who has the Air Force's best interest at heart, as should we all (core value #2).

LOL. There are a lot of people, including some with stars on their shoulders, who know all about her supposed "core values".

You may not be required for VSP selection and (consequently) have the opportunity to continue serving your country!

The fact of the matter is most 11Ms want to take the VSP and get away from the never ending war. This is where top AF leadership has a disconnect from the masses.

Guys, don't feed the troll. Chang is, at best, a lower-rung staffer who thinks he is empowered by his access to slide decks on a Sharepoint or in some org box. Maybe he gets to sit in the cheap seats during middle-management meetings, nodding profusely and scribbling notes on his steno pad. He is not an authority, and should be disregarded. He logs in to play with your emotions.

Don't feed the troll.

Edited by Champ Kind
  • Upvote 4

Some are. There's this duality in the AF: AFSCs we can't let go (even if they want to) and AFSCs we want reduced (even if most in those careers want to stay in).

Then pick a careerfield that isn't able to be contracted out (i.e. Services, Comm, etc). Sorry Services SNCO we're forcing to retire, we need to keep the Boom or Loadmaster SNCO since, on paper, they're more valuable to the USAF.