Stop Loss For 11F

Vetter

The AF is set up to crossflow some pilots with T-38 experince from the 11M AFSCs like they did in the 90s to kind of help with the problem, but then that overmanned 11M AFSC doesn't seem so overmanned anymore.

We have been told in my community that our 120% manning is now being lowered down to 100%, thus the reason for my year group being decimated with early follow ons out of the C-17 world. Only 20% of my year group went ops to ops, and when we all PCS over the next 8 months, the only guys left in the squadron from my year group will be SOLL II guys. The rest of us got RPAs, staff, or MC-12s.

What you're saying is definitely true, when they want to reach back and pull out (STS) the 38 guys and try to crossflow them back into fighters, they'll just be passing their manning problem on to the 11M world.

The train wreck that has people talking about a stop loss is still a few years down the road. It has to do with the draw down of current fighter/bomber cockpits and the spin up of the F-35. There will be a couple year gap between sending the F-15/F-16/A-10 to the bone-yard and when the F-35 goes operational. Given our current track record on acquisitions, this gap will be larger than anyone is predicting. Regardless of what the actual MWS manning is, the A1 guys will be panicking because they have no idea how to fill projected experience shortfall and/or ramp up the UPT T-38 track when the new squadrons stand up.

• Upvote 1

Old heads -- how long did it take for F-4s to start going to the boneyard when their currently-used replacements starting coming online?

Every Wild Weasel on the ramp at Nellis was the range as a target within a week once the block 50s became operational by order of the CSAF. The F-16 SEAD capability was highly controversial and there were many WW fanatics who claimed a single seat SEAD aircraft was blasphemy. Funny looking back at that now. Those WW guys worked hard and risked their asses. Computers are faster.

If they want them gone they can be gone fast.

The train wreck that has people talking about a stop loss is still a few years down the road. It has to do with the draw down of current fighter/bomber cockpits and the spin up of the F-35.

It also has to do with this (which started about 6 months ago):

dxJ1q.png

Our squadron has had 1 to SWA, 1 to XOJet, and 3 to NASA.

You mean the National Association of Senile Aviators?

Bumped into Kelly at HSV (the one who recently went to space, not the brother) and a handful of never-going-up-again astronauts joyriding 3 blue T-38s to DC for some "mission research." Even had a FAIP or two in the bunch. Good to know there's a place for dirty-minded pilots when they get too old for the green bag.

I have 2 buds from the Viper at FedEx within the last 6 months.

Retired or ANG/AFRC? Do you know how many sponsors (if any) they had? Total hours? When did they submit their apps?

Thanks for the info,

Pancake

Edited by Pancake

Best gouge for airline stuff is on www.airlinepilotforums.com

I can save you some time though:

- You gotta meet all the mins. Period.

- 99.8% chance you need a 73 type for SWA. Yes, a few guys have been hired without it, but it is really, really, really rare

- Having someone you know walk your app in is almost required at Delta, FedEx, and SWA.

Anyone have any words about interview prep services (such as Emerald Coast)? Useful for prior mil types?

Albie (E-coast) is a good shit. Well worth it. You get one shot at the interview. Be prepared. Bro-gouge on the questions is great but Albie helps you frame your *answers* in ways you may or may not have come up with on your own.