Bibles removed from Air Force checklist

HU&W

You know I'm about the most non-religious person out there, don't practice, no interest in hearing people talk about religion etc., but things like this are ridiculous. Freedom of religion means everyone should be able to pray, be it to god, satan, Budda, fsm, whatever. Taking away someone's bible in a room to make a statement is just f(&cking retarded.

Freedom of religion means everyone should be able to pray, be it to god, satan, Budda, fsm, whatever. Taking away someone's bible in a room to make a statement is just f(&cking retarded.

Then they should stock the rooms with all the different religious material, not just one.

Guest Grind

Does anyone even read them? I mean, religious die hards usually carry their book of preference on their person during their travels.

Does anyone even read them? I mean, religious die hards usually carry their book of preference on their person during their travels.

Of course they do...I learned in SOS that is what makes moral decision-making leaders. I'd question anyone else's moral character as a leader if they didn't read it...

I'd read a hustler if it was in there. In fact, I'm going to leave one in a drawer next time I am forced to stay on base during a TDY...

• Upvote 1

Or we can make a huge deal out of a non-issue. The Air Force isn't removing the bibles from the rooms. It's not preventing new bibles from being placed. All the Air Force has done is remove the "check for a bible in the drawer" step from the cleaning lady's checklist.

I'm sure you will all be much happier when Sharia law starts to pick up around here...

I'm not sure I see how removing religious material equates to crafting legislation specifically referencing religious material.

Nice well the cleaning ladies can prevent us from reading the bible but they can't clean up the roach I smashed in my room

You smashed a roach just because he was reading the bible?

T96-small.gif