Best OCONUS for single dude

ForgotPassword

Just thinking out loud, looking for some opinions. I'm up for assignment, not soon, but soon enough to begin thinking about it. I have nothing to weigh me down and have pretty much decided that I want to go OCONUS. I'm not a flyer but Intel, and will not be restricted to just AF billets - wouldn't mind joint billet.

Thoughts on different locations in terms of quality of life, things to do, cost, mission etc etc.? Wouldn't mind a beach..

Edited by ForgotPassword

Just thinking out loud, looking for some opinions. I'm up for assignment, not soon, but soon enough to begin thinking about it. I have nothing to weigh me down and have pretty much decided that I want to go OCONUS. I'm not a flyer but Intel, and will not be restricted to just AF billets - wouldn't mind joint billet.

Thoughts on different locations in terms of quality of life, things to do, cost, mission etc etc.? Wouldn't mind a beach..

Try to get to Osan. There is a chick there named Songton Sally... she'll hook you up.

• Upvote 1

Seriously though, talk to your assignments officer. One thing I see during the pilot assignment process is cool billets that end up being hard to fill. For instance NATO has short tours in Italy. Since most guys don't volunteer for a short tour, these billets end up getting filled by non-vols. And really, it's simply cause folks don't know about them. Talk to your AFPC rep and see what's out there.

Kadena is pretty radical for young, single types. If you're not looking for young, single types of the opposite gender.

I LOL'd.

Hands down, Yokota.

Living in metro Tokyo, access to the entire Pacific region via Narita/Haneda, not to mention Japan itself has a ton to do.

You won't regret it.

I've visited my slick buddies up there, great assignment. Tokyo is awesome, and Japanese Scotch is the bollocks.

Kadena is pretty radical for young, single types. If you're not looking for young, single types of the opposite gender.

Ol' Patch, see what one of your guys is doing here?