Stealth Helo in Bin Laden Raid ?

The pic with the hajis standing next to the tail boom is what I noticed: looks massive. All of the discussions have centered around a "modified blackhawk". That looks more like a -53 sized beast.

Guest Miclhstrase

The pic with the hajis standing next to the tail boom is what I noticed: looks massive. All of the discussions have centered around a "modified blackhawk". That looks more like a -53 sized beast.

That would lend credence to how the one remaining helicopter was able to lift 25 troops, their gear, and any bodies/prisoners out (not including the pilots and crew I presume).

I look at those pictures and I know I am officially out of the cool guy loop now.

Whatever it is, I am glad we have invested in rotary wing technology...if we have.

That would lend credence to how the one remaining helicopter was able to lift 25 troops, their gear, and any bodies/prisoners out (not including the pilots and crew I presume).

Most accounts say either a back up helicopter was used when the first went down or there were more than two helicopters to begin with.

• Upvote 1

The 'stealth helo' is a bunch of horse shit.

Then explain the photographs ace. That tail section did NOT come from a 60 or a 47, unless it was very different from the ones we all know and love.

I think he's saying it's sort of like making a C-130 stealth.

Wait... Stealth Herc. I may be onto something.

Well maybe it has a cloaking device. I think it is more for noise than radar visibility. I am assuming he is not a helo rated guy. We can fly under most radars but the noise usually gives us away. Curious note, the SOAR guys claim that it isn't theirs. Could just be deniability.

Don't worry the YS(tealth)MC-130 is on the way..

http://www.defensenews.com/story.php?i=4528377

This the big request by the SF guys. They wanted to be able to get deep into a country, conduct a raid and get out. All while alluding enemy radar, fighter jets and all other tracking methods. I think that has been a dream since Desert One happened.

Guest Miclhstrase

Speaking of making aircraft stealthy, I read somewhere that the Germans used some device to fool British radar into thinking the aircraft was some distance behind its actual location, thus causing the British to send fighters to intercept a ghost. Anyone have any info about this device?

Speaking of making aircraft stealthy, I read somewhere that the Germans used some device to fool British radar into thinking the aircraft was some distance behind its actual location, thus causing the British to send fighters to intercept a ghost. Anyone have any info about this device?

Read "Nightfighter" by Ken Delve. I remember something about what you are asking in there. Great read on the development of night fighters starting in WW1. Mostly talks about WW2.