RIP 1st Lt Anthony Riggan

Guest Burrito

Guest Burrito

The Air Force lost a great airman today when 1lt Anthony Riggan and his wife nicole passed away in a single engine plane crash in Co Springs on their way home to spend Christmas with family. http://www.krdo.com/news/26248211/detail.html Anthony was a B1 pilot at Ellsworth AFB and a UPT classmate and good friend to me and many in the Air Force community. He and Nicole will be sadly missed.

Edited by Burrito

I was on casual and went through UPT with him. Such an awesome person. Always trying to do the right thing in every part of his life. Great loss to everyone that knew him. Can't believe he is gone.

A toast... :salut::beer::beer::beer:

Edited by MCO

Took care of a C-21 from Peterson last night that had to RON here at KTIK last night because the ILS equipped runway at Peterson was closed because of the crash.

Hate it for the family to have it happen so close to the holidays and to be so young. RIP

Rigfoot will be missed by all of us. He was in my squadron, and he was the model of what you want in a young copilot. Excellent flying skills, smart, and eager. No matter how crappy the job, Rigfoot was happy and enthusiastic to be a part of anything that would help the squadron.

His loss is truly a loss the squadron, and the Air Force at large.

KCOS 221850Z AUTO 16008KT M1/4SM R17L/0700V1400FT FZFG VV001 M03/M04 A3018

Terrible loss. Didn't know the guy, but it seems logical to say that he went beyond the capabilities of his Mooney (pics of the plane w/ him on top are on Facebook).

Regardless, sucks for anyone who knew him/her around this time of year.

Godspeed.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1