**NSFW** ROTC Cadets and Forums

Guest onetwopi

How on earth do you expect them to learn. They should know early that we eat our own, and are willing to bitch them out for insignificant things. Isn't that what the USAF is all about (sarcasm)?. Truthfully though, I have "porked" up many a thread, and the mods have set me straight. Also, how would you truly be able to verify if someone is a ROTC cadet or in the Air Force. What about Academy and OTS candidates? I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

Guest onetwopi

No.

The younger crowd needs to learn, so why not educate us before we F up something important as LTs?

You won't be able to F up anything important as an LT.

How on earth do you expect them to learn. They should know early that we eat our own, and are willing to bitch them out for insignificant things. Isn't that what the USAF is all about (sarcasm)?.

No, actually no sarcasm required. That's the way of things.

Onetwopi, I understand where you're coming from, but we're not going to restrict their posting just because they're inexperienced. If you see ROTC nazis boning up a thread, use that opportunity to mentor the future pledges. Unless we're talking about CAPSoftSandy. In that case... kill.

Guest Justshootme

RTFQ. He's asking if they can POST. Not if they can read. I think it would promote the whole "God gave you 2 ears and 1 mouth for a good reason" notion, which waaaayyy too many folks don't seem to understand.

Isnt that what being a LT is all about. Walking away with you tail tucked between your legs is part of the process. I know when I left ROTC...I wanted NOTHING to do with the pukes who were younger than me. I really dont know when dungeons and dragons became cool, but I sure hope those tards learn soon otherwise they will get royally bitch slapped when the report to duty.

Guest StreamOfTheSky
I really dont know when dungeons and dragons became cool, but I sure hope those tards learn soon otherwise they will get royally bitch slapped when the report to duty.

D&D isn't cool, and WTF is your problem with a damn game?

This forum will soon require a CAC card to post.

Doesn't the second C in CAC stand for card?

The proper usage is, “you will need a CAC to post.” This is why I said a long time ago they just need to rename the damn thing the Secure Access Cipher Key.

• Upvote 1

The proper usage is, "you will need a CAC to post."

I view every Butters post ostensibly so that I can ogle his avatar; in reality, I want only to bask in the warmth of his regular grammatical elucidation.

The proper usage is, “you will need a CAC to post.” This is why I said a long time ago they just need to rename the damn thing the Secure Access Cipher Key.

Ah the short-sightedness of state school grads. Feel free to correct me on what you perceive to be proper grammar, when in fact you overlook the bigger picture that trumps proper grammar everytime, the STS factor.

If I were to adopt your "fail" guidance I would be forced to make statements such as the following;

1. Crap, I left my CAC in my computer at work.

2. Can I see your CAC?

3. Have you seen my CAC?

4. My Freaking CAC does not work.

5. I ended up with your CAC by mistake.

As you are a Semenole I am sure you are quite happy using all of the above examples, but I will stick to CAC Card.

:beer:

Seriously - every time I turn around these dudes are porking up another thread.

WTF? Why just ROTC cadets? Do you also want to restrict OTS selects, Academy cadets, and civilians?

Maybe the mods just do a very good job of cleaning up problems, but I really don't see that many threads 'porked' up by cadets. How about active duty officers who have been part of the board for a couple months with a couple dozen posts making threads advocating restricting some people who have been here much longer.

I'm active duty now, but I joined when I was a cadet. There was lots of good info to be had and aside from the obvious problem of deciding who is and is not a cadet, there is much more value in letting cadets ask questions.

Is it just me or is this thread beginning to look alot like another one on this page?

I vote we change the name of this thread to "Should ROTC cadets be allowed to serve openly?"

Edited by SuperWSO

Ah the short-sightedness of state school grads. Feel free to correct me on what you perceive to be proper grammar, when in fact you overlook the bigger picture that trumps proper grammar everytime, the STS factor.

If I were to adopt your "fail" guidance I would be forced to make statements such as the following;

1. Crap, I left my CAC in my computer at work.

2. Can I see your CAC?

3. Have you seen my CAC?

4. My Freaking CAC does not work.

5. I ended up with your CAC by mistake.

As you are a Semenole I am sure you are quite happy using all of the above examples, but I will stick to CAC Card.

Try rubbing your CAC to get it to work

Sometimes you have to put your CAC in the slot a few times before things really start to work

"Protect your CAC" (from an e-mail sent by an unnamed O-6)

Make sure your CAC fits tightly in the slot

(when this phrase was first uttered in the flight room, some LT decided he'd had enough "CAC" comments and followed that comment with, "Yeah! 'Cause nothing's worse that a loose slot...sometimes it's like throwing a hotdog down a hallway...)

In reality, CAC card is not redundant...at least indirectly. Since "CAC" is a program, you have a CAC administrator, a CAC reader, a CAC card generator, and, yes, a CAC Card...

...But if I hear one more person call a GUIDELINE a "SAM missile", I'm gonna scream.

:-)

Edited by BQZip01

And yet another Baseops.net thread turns into an e-grammar fight.

But, I must say:

Funniest intentional misspell I've seen in a while... and after the day I had today, I needed that juvenile chuckle.

Guest onetwopi

WTF? Why just ROTC cadets? Do you also want to restrict OTS selects, Academy cadets, and civilians?

Maybe the mods just do a very good job of cleaning up problems, but I really don't see that many threads 'porked' up by cadets. How about active duty officers who have been part of the board for a couple months with a couple dozen posts making threads advocating restricting some people who have been here much longer.

I'm active duty now, but I joined when I was a cadet. There was lots of good info to be had and aside from the obvious problem of deciding who is and is not a cadet, there is much more value in letting cadets ask questions.

Easy tiger. It's more of a joke than a serious question (did you see the third answer choice?). I love the little cadets with their little fake rank and their drill and whatnot--they're cute.

I gotta go with no.

Aside from having to figure out who is who, you run into other problems. How about Prior-E's who have been around the block, aren't SNAPish, but are in OTS or ROTC working toward a commission? Are we going to prohibit them from posting just because they decided to become O's and are in the training system?