Running for Congress...

Guest FOR Congress?

Guest FOR Congress?

Hey folks. I am a regular poster on here, but I am hiding my identity (though the moderators could figure it out...please dont!) to keep those who would seek to get dirt on me from doing it! Oh ya, they are out there.

Anyway, long story short, I am exploring a run for Congress...I am a guard pilot and can actually do that!

I wanted to tell you all, that if I am elected (its a 2010 race) I fully plan to sit down with the CSAF and discuss much of what we have talked about here...as a Congressman. Its still a ways off, but just wanted to let you all know that. Im not your typical politician...though inheriting 50% of the country as an enemy isnt my idea of awesome.

Ok, just wanted to pass the info! Ill keep you all update if it happens in two years!

I am now intrigued on what dirt you are trying to hide.

To get into congress you should probably learn to choose your words more wisely.

Depite that note: Good luck to you.

Edited by Fuse

Guest Smoke_Jaguar4
Im not your typical politician...though inheriting 50% of the country as an enemy isnt my idea of awesome.

I can see you're already off to a bad start. In politics, just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them the enemy. Virtually nothing gets done without some level of bipartisan support. You'll need to figure out how you can work with others to implement changes you both can live with. Don't confuse political substance (writing and enacting laws) with political theater (campaigning).

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, could you explain why are you running?

I can see you're already off to a bad start. In politics, just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them the enemy. Virtually nothing gets done without some level of bipartisan support. You'll need to figure out how you can work with others to implement changes you both can live with. Don't confuse political substance (writing and enacting laws) with political theater (campaigning).

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, could you explain why are you running?

I think he is saying he will become their enemy. Does not matter what your position is, if you rep the other party, a lot of people will immediately assume you are a bad person with horrible ideas.

Guest FOR Congress?

Budda,

Seems like you know your stuff. I have all that covered (except maybe all the reading material) but thanks for all the pointers. My name recognition where I am running is actually not zero, I have prior elected experience. It is, however, less than the NEW incumbent.

Fuse, There is no dirt, and I am not posting on here with the intention of acting political in my words...In my years of posting on baseops, I have never minced words, because I am an Air Force pilot. I plan on being that. In the public venue, you have to be careful, (media) but not on baseops...this is the pilot group.

At some point Ill go into exactly why I am running. It is a passion to take back both our party (GOP of course) and our country for good, honest leadership. I also fully plan to have an accountability group to keep me honest when I am elected. To include both friends from a spiritual perspective, as well as buddies from the military. I respect how we can tell someone to EABOD if they are wrong, and that is the level of accountability I want associated with me. After all, if doing the right thing loses an election, then I go back to the best job in the world...flying jets.

Sometime Ill reveal who I am...just not yet. As you know, politics stoke deep rooted feelings, and make people lose their sense of humor.

Good luck. My dad ran in Texas a few years ago. It was an eye opening and disheartening experience for me as I followed it all the way through. Hope you're prepared for the party politics and good ole boy connections. Good for you to take some ownership and try to make a difference, I hope it works out.

Budda,

Seems like you know your stuff. I have all that covered (except maybe all the reading material) but thanks for all the pointers. My name recognition where I am running is actually not zero, I have prior elected experience. It is, however, less than the NEW incumbent.

Fuse, There is no dirt, and I am not posting on here with the intention of acting political in my words...In my years of posting on baseops, I have never minced words, because I am an Air Force pilot. I plan on being that. In the public venue, you have to be careful, (media) but not on baseops...this is the pilot group.

At some point Ill go into exactly why I am running. It is a passion to take back both our party (GOP of course) and our country for good, honest leadership. I also fully plan to have an accountability group to keep me honest when I am elected. To include both friends from a spiritual perspective, as well as buddies from the military. I respect how we can tell someone to EABOD if they are wrong, and that is the level of accountability I want associated with me. After all, if doing the right thing loses an election, then I go back to the best job in the world...flying jets.

Sometime Ill reveal who I am...just not yet. As you know, politics stoke deep rooted feelings, and make people lose their sense of humor.

Voiceover ads:

1. Sam Smith is so corrupt he needs someone else to tell him right from wrong.

2. Sam Smith, one way in public, another in private. Do we really need another one like that in Congress?

3. Sam Smith, failure on the contraction of "I'll" issue.

I'm Tommy Tool and I approved of this message.

Seriously, good luck. As you say you have previous elected experience, then you have 100% more than me, but I'd be wary of anything, including any baseops words, not coming back to haunt you should you become a serious contender. Opponents hire some seriously smart dirt finders. Here in DC, there is an entire industry based on it. No doubt there are others around the country.

Good on you for wanting to hold/tell CSAF the truth. Will your constituents care? If not, I suspect your priorities will change.

But then I'm cynical on the whole process.

And we wonder why we get the clowns we get?

Not directed, necessarily, at the thread opener candidate.

Edited by brickhistory

But not Bendy, we've got enough drunks in Congress!

Oh, that's just hurtful man! :thumbsup:

Good luck to the mystery dude, BTW.

BENDY

Hey folks. I am a regular poster on here, but I am hiding my identity (though the moderators could figure it out...please dont!) to keep those who would seek to get dirt on me from doing it! Oh ya, they are out there.

Anyway, long story short, I am exploring a run for Congress...I am a guard pilot and can actually do that!

I wanted to tell you all, that if I am elected (its a 2010 race) I fully plan to sit down with the CSAF and discuss much of what we have talked about here...as a Congressman. Its still a ways off, but just wanted to let you all know that. Im not your typical politician...though inheriting 50% of the country as an enemy isnt my idea of awesome.

Ok, just wanted to pass the info! Ill keep you all update if it happens in two years!

Best of luck. As a poli sci guy I agree with some of the posts below. The one suggesting the reading up to do is a great idea.

My only question: What are the rules on being affiliated with the military and running for office?

• 10 months later...

I'd mostly be interested in the CSAF's response to a request for a dialogue from "The Junior Congressman from Bumblef*ck".

Did he tell you to EABOD himself, or did he leave that to one of his aides?

Why not? Seems the junior senators from New York and Illinois seemed to do pretty good power/influence wise in their freshman years.

My only question: What are the rules on being affiliated with the military and running for office?

Haven't you ever heard of Barry Goldwater? Drag out your history book?

He was a reservist. Rules are probably different. We have and have had reservists in Congress before.

The question was "What are the rules on being affiliated with the military and running for office?" I was just pointing out that it is common for people who are affiliated with the military to run and hold a federal office.

As a point of information, there have been Guard offiecers who have run and held office for the legislature in my state. I see no reason that Guard could not run and hold a federal position. Remember, both guard and reserve are AFRC, the only difference, is that guard has a state role, too.