WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

WOW, on the opposite end of the US's politically correct spectrum:

Ban on 'nasty' family planning slogans

Agence France-Presse in Beijing

Updated on Feb 28, 2012

Beijing is ordering local officials to stop using threatening slogans to enforce its strict “one-child” policy, state media has reported.

The government wants to ban slogans like: “Kill all your family members if you don't follow the rule” and “We would rather scrape your womb than allow you to have a second child,” the Shanghai Daily said at the weekend.

China, the world's most populous country with more than 1.3 billion people, introduced the “one-child” policy in 1979.

Despite calls for relaxation, mainland officials say the policy is still needed, claiming over-population threatens the country's development.

But the National Population and Family Planning Commission aims to prevent zealous local authorities from offending the public or worsening social tensions with “nasty” slogans, the newspaper said.

Several referred to forced sterilisation â one slogan said: “If you don't have your tubes tied, your house will be demolished.”

“Once you are captured, your tubes will be tied. Should you escape, we'll hunt you down. If you attempt suicide, we'll offer you either the rope or a bottle of poison,” read another.

The newspaper gave no indication of where the slogans were used.

China, under a 1980 policy designed to control its population, permits most couples to have only one child, an approach critics charge is backed with forced sterilisations and abortions.

Some experts say the “one-child” policy has turned into a demographic time bomb as the population ages, storing up huge economic and social problems for the country as well as fostering a gender imbalance.

Given the traditional preference for sons, sex-specific abortions occur and female infanticide and the abandoning of baby girls have also been reported.

New slogans which have received the government's nod of approval include: “Caring for a girl means caring for the future of the nation,” the newspaper said, in an effort to encourage families to raise daughters.

After representing himself, Duluth man complains of bad counsel

http://www.duluthnew...290/group/News/

He got off light. I would've sentenced him to life in the Gorrilla cage with weekly injections of ape estrogen up his six...just so he could see what it is like to be on the other end of what he did.

Massachusetts father faces charges for allegedly pointing laser at rival goalie during daughter's hockey game

Father of the year...

http://www.foxnews.c...aser-at-hockey/

One of the things I do now, is referee (officiate) hockey (kids up to the college level). The ill mentality of many hockey parents would amaze many. No matter how many things are done to mitigate the douches out there, more crop up every season, and it never stops.

FM

Guest Grind

One of the things I do now, is referee (officiate) hockey (kids up to the college level). The ill mentality of many hockey parents would amaze many. No matter how many things are done to mitigate the douches out there, more crop up every season, and it never stops.

FM

Too true. My sister plays Tier 1 hockey. Too often these parents are more interested in arguing and having pissing matches with the other teams parents rather than enjoying the game for what it is. Which is YOUTH hockey. Not PROFESSIONAL hockey. It's sad that something like that has ruined watching my (very talented) sister compete at the AAA level. Parents should not be allowed to comment other than cheering on their own team at these events. What's worse, once you get into the playoffs and state/high school championships, the parents get even more offensive, and the mob mentality sets in. Add alcohol, and it just get's violent. I have witnessed fathers of opposing teams fight in the parking lot because of something one of the kids did on the ice. It's sad really. Youth sports have lost their innocence, at least in hockey.

FM

Yep, there was an incident in MA a few years ago when a father beat to death another father - sad story all around with that one.

http://www.theboston...817/detail.html

Wow..when I was Googling the old man's story, this one popped up about his son, who just died last year. Too bad, but he appeared to follow his dad's example..

http://www.myfoxbost...d-dead-20111023

Too true. My sister plays Tier 1 hockey. Too often these parents are more interested in arguing and having pissing matches with the other teams parents rather than enjoying the game for what it is. Which is YOUTH hockey. Not PROFESSIONAL hockey. It's sad that something like that has ruined watching my (very talented) sister compete at the AAA level. Parents should not be allowed to comment other than cheering on their own team at these events. What's worse, once you get into the playoffs and state/high school championships, the parents get even more offensive, and the mob mentality sets in. Add alcohol, and it just get's violent. I have witnessed fathers of opposing teams fight in the parking lot because of something one of the kids did on the ice. It's sad really. Youth sports have lost their innocence, at least in hockey.

I also coached for about fifteen years, and the expectations of the parents are interesting. Depending on the skill level, the majority of parents usually act properly and expect "Johnny" to be competitive and have fun. Then the minority show up, and at the travel level these folks labor under the illusion that their kid is going to "The Show" (NHL). I was always gently reminding them that "Johnny has a 0.0069 percent chance of making it there - and yet, they still persist. Of course, the best demonstration of sportsmanship (in front of the kids) comes when the parents fight each other.

Keep supporting your sister, women's hockey continues to grow at the amateur level.

Yep, there was an incident in MA a few years ago when a father beat to death another father - sad story all around with that one.

http://www.theboston...817/detail.html

Wow..when I was Googling the old man's story, this one popped up about his son, who just died last year. Too bad, but he appeared to follow his dad's example..

http://www.myfoxbost...d-dead-20111023

Yeah, that guy was extra special, and often used as an example of bad behavior. Parents living vicariously through their children - sheesh. Sadly also, the parents don't know the rules, and likely don't know what's really going on, on the ice. But they guess anyway, and that sends the whole thing tits-up.

Despite all of this bad news, there are of course, many very rewarding experiences for the kids (and parents) to be had at the local rink.

FM

Despite all of this bad news, there are of course, many very rewarding experiences for the kids (and parents) to be had at the local rink.

Agreed.

I have spent thousands of hours with my boys in hockey rinks all over New England and Minnesota. Great sport and great experience for young people.

The Minnesota Boys State Tournament is going on right now. Click here to watch live. Some impressive high school hockey.