Blues on Monday

okienav

Welsh had the ability to squash this entire thing, without any of this stupid ambiguity. But he didn't.

Perhaps we need some more USAFA speeches!

. He did the right thing. If your command chooses otherwise, that's on them. He left it open for LEADERSHIP. Weird I know.
  • Upvote 1

Maybe he thinks the CSAF shouldn't have to waste his time on what uniform people wear at every base...that's what I think. I'd rather he spend time on figuring out how to unfvck the acquisitions, how to market the USAF as well as the USN does to congress, and figuring out just what exactly we're going to lose with sequestration. But if you'd prefer he spend his time micromanaging the MAJCOM and WG/CC's, fine. We'll just disagree.

Are you guys kidding me? Welch did exactly what we asked for. EXACTLY. He made it an Air Force wide policy that he didn't approve the blues on Monday as a symbol of professionalism. He made his statement, and just as you nay-sayers are always going on about, he left it up to the lower level leadership to interpret and implement. Therefore, the leadership closest to you had the chance to make the decision, as opposed to the chief of staff of the Air Force telling you what uniform to wear. Most of the leaders have already reversed the blues Monday policy. Others I'm sure will follow suit. Yet, all of a sudden, it's a fault that he didn't mandate the change service wide. I am frankly surprised he took the time with this menial issue considering all that is on his plate. This shows that he actually has a pulse on his people, which is a huge accomplishment for a dude of his rank.

After condemning a high ranking guy who makes a sweeping policy you don't like, are you really going to then condemn another man who tries to fix it but doesn't touch your sector as fast as you would like? Get off your collective high horse and get with the program. Big Blue isn't here to serve your sense of pride. Welch heard our call and basically gave the previous CSAF a big old back hand politically, yet some of you still complain. Let us celebrate what he has done for us and wish him well to the future. I for one will enjoy not wearing my blues in the upcoming month or so. For those who still can't see the bright side... go cry in a corner. No one cares.

• Upvote 7

Which means his LEADERSHIP is lacking....

If your concept of leadership is a 4-star micromanaging what every airman in the AF will wear, I'll be scared to see your leadership style if you're ever in charge of anything. All decisions should be made at the lowest level possible, meaning this one should be delegated all the way down to flight commanders/shop chiefs.

Maybe he thinks the CSAF shouldn't have to waste his time on what uniform people wear at every base...that's what I think. I'd rather he spend time on figuring out how to unfvck the acquisitions, how to market the USAF as well as the USN does to congress, and figuring out just what exactly we're going to lose with sequestration. But if you'd prefer he spend his time micromanaging the MAJCOM and WG/CC's, fine. We'll just disagree.

Oh Jesus tittyfucking Christ.

If rescinding a policy as retarded as Blues Monday is so difficult that it prevents Welsh from focusing on bigger problems then we are really fucked.

Some things are worth "micromanaging" to be sure the correct message is sent from the top. Others are not. Anything is better than the previous clown though.

• Upvote 1

When blues Monday kicked off I was a capt with 2lt rank still on my blues. (bragging*)

This is a little victory, but still awesome in my book.

I don't know how anyone can complain. I think Welsh should run for president - to me this is better than an "Obama phone".

*"I wear my uniform with pride for the heritage of sacrifice it represents and more..."

Oh Jesus titty######ing Christ.

If rescinding a policy as retarded as Blues Monday is so difficult that it prevents Welsh from focusing on bigger problems then we are really ######ed.

Some things are worth "micromanaging" to be sure the correct message is sent from the top. Others are not. Anything is better than the previous clown though.

What's the list of items that the CSAF should micromanage? Should he be making sure you're knocking out those suicide CBTs too? That's a big deal right now.

Despite the fact that our host AMC unit has declared that the blues Monday policy was rescinded and therefore don't wear your blues next Monday, the AETC wing here fired off an email around COB Friday stating the rescinded policy "has not been confirmed by AETC" and therefore all AETC folks should report to work in their blues. Luckily, I'm AFRC and I'm flying Monday anyways, but still sucks for them and another example that makes me scratch my head.

I don't get why the AETC O-6 couldn't call the AMC O-6 right after they (AMC) issued the guidance to wear ABU/flight suits on Monday and get it "confirmed"...I mean, I may only be a mere Major, but that's what I would have done....instead, it's "well, no one called us, so the policy is still in effect". UFB. And if I read the email right, the lack of confirmation was coming from Randolph itself...so...could the MAJCOM commander somehow still be in the blind on this? A full week after it was rescinded? And after nearly every other MAJCOM has officially rescinded or changed their policies?

If rescinding a policy as retarded as Blues Monday is so difficult that it prevents Welsh from focusing on bigger problems then we are really fucked.

Some things are worth "micromanaging" to be sure the correct message is sent from the top. Anything is better than the previous clown though.

It isn't, it isn't, we aren't, it is, it was, true.

Maybe this is the Law major (BA, not a lawyer) in me getting the best of my analytical skills but this is how I see it.

CSAF makes a policy requiring Blues on Monday.

Next CSAF removes policy and says MAJCOMs can continue it if they want.

This leaves no policy mandating blues on Monday unless the MAJCOM or lower makes one.

THUS: No blues on Monday unless MAJCOM or lower leadership says otherwise.

Am I missing something? At any rate, when I finish here at KABQ I will be in the same wing as Stract, so I guess worse case is I have to wear blues a couple more times before then.

I don't get why the AETC O-6 couldn't call the AMC O-6 right after they (AMC) issued the guidance to wear ABU/flight suits on Monday and get it "confirmed"...I mean, I may only be a mere Major, but that's what I would have done....instead, it's "well, no one called us, so the policy is still in effect". UFB. And if I read the email right, the lack of confirmation was coming from Randolph itself...so...could the MAJCOM commander somehow still be in the blind on this? A full week after it was rescinded? And after nearly every other MAJCOM has officially rescinded or changed their policies?

Just mark the email as unread. Roll into work in a flight suit on Monday...claim ignorance.

Better to beg for forgiveness then ask permission!

CSAF makes a policy requiring Blues on Monday.

Next CSAF removes policy and says MAJCOMs can continue it if they want.

This leaves no policy mandating blues on Monday unless the MAJCOM or lower makes one.

THUS: No blues on Monday unless MAJCOM or lower leadership says otherwise.

COMACC issued a supporting policy when the AF policy came out. Don't know about any other MAJCOM. So until that is rescinded, it's technically still a problem in ACC.