71 FS LPA Aim-120 Ransom Note

B*D*A

a big LOL on that one.....

my question though, does this count as an admission from HQ/ACC that being forced into UAVs is a crappy situation.... so crappy that they are using it as punishment? (although the wording of it as a reward did make me chuckle)

if so, maybe they won't be far from positive progress toward finding an alternative means for staffing the UAV pilot position becuase they understand the fear of being sent there that is shared among most pilots.

At the same time, they really don't help the stigma around the UAVs by making being sent to them a disciplinary action.

Guest 89 Ride

Nice...it's good to see a sense of humor every now and then.

On a side note...B*D*A, while I was waiting for the response to load, I took a good look at your avatar and realized what it was. I've never taken a good look at it and had always thought it was some type of gremlin.

gremlins.JPG

I now see it's a dude on an eagle....some attention to detail I have.

I does my old caveman heart good to see some of the old spirit of the USAF still survives! If that were some O-6 thinking he had a chance at a star, he'd be calling every agency on base to string those poor lieutenants up by their balls; but Worden tosses it right back at them!

Don't read too deep into his reply, AEWingsMN, as it was intended for a select audience and this doesn't need to be turned into "some GO at ACC said UAVs suck!" blowback...

Cheers! M2

Guest LittleMan
All,

I'm just a casual LT but thought this was damn funny.

Note: "JJ" Gagnon sent this out through his "Golf TOD" email list and I thought I would share it but all credit for it's hilarity go to him and the 71st FS LPA.

Have fun in Creech dudes! :thumbsup:

That was classic... give Gen. Worden a raise (or some booze) for that one.

I gotta wonder what happens when you're dressed up in your ninja suit stealing a missile and then you get pulled over by SFS while driving it to your hideout.

A1C Snuffy: "So you wanna tell me what that is in the back of your truck?"

I gotta wonder what happens when you're dressed up in your ninja suit stealing a missile and then you get pulled over by SFS while driving it to your hideout.

A1C Snuffy: "So you wanna tell me what that is in the back of your truck?"

Well, that's your first problem...treating this like some covert operation. What you want to do is make it very overt, and excute the mission in broad daylight. Just act like you are suppose to be doing what you are doing, look like you belong where you are, and 99% of the time no one will question you.

Don't ask me how I know this... :nob:

Cheers! M2

Now THAT is how it is done. I thought that the black art of "pulling shit off" had died several years ago. Kudos all around.

Especially well played was the "P.S." at the end of Gen Worden's response. Subtlety is a lost art in and of itself.

Well, that's your first problem...treating this like some covert operation. What you want to do is make it very overt, and excute the mission in broad daylight. Just act like you are suppose to be doing what you are doing, look like you belong where you are, and 99% of the time no one will question you.

Cheers! M2

I guess what you're saying then is to not forget to wear a reflective belt...

Cheers! M2

Never underestimate the power of a man with a clipboard and the correct attitude. This is great stuff from a great unit, kodos to all those involved. Hope someone is keeping an eye on that suit of armor they have. I hear it's been known to sprout legs and walk away.

Nice...it's good to see a sense of humor every now and then.

On a side note...B*D*A, while I was waiting for the response to load, I took a good look at your avatar and realized what it was. I've never taken a good look at it and had always thought it was some type of gremlin.

gremlins.JPG

I now see it's a dude on an eagle....some attention to detail I have.

Ha, that dude is none other than George Washington, riding and Eagle, with an RPG. It's a piece of art by two Russian artists name Komar and Melamid. Here is some more of their stuff, it will blow your minds with it's awesomeness. I have a nice print of the Washington Lives painting, quite a convo starter...

washingtononeagle.jpg

washingtonbabyeagle.jpg

washingtonWithHeads.jpg

AIM-9 != AIM-120

Noted and changed.

Cheers! M2

And as a member of the LPA, you have a built-in excuse..."Shit, I don't know where they want it...they rolled into the ready room and pointed some fingers, told us to come get this monstrosity, and take it back to the squadron...I'm as clueless as you."

Never underestimate the power of a man with a clipboard and the correct attitude.

Clipboard (preferably the nice aluminum one with the fold-up cover in the GSA catalog) + pissed-off facial expression = access to damn near any facility you please.

As M2 said - Don't ask me how I know this...