Warbird fever

Guest Dwight Schrute

hottie vs. solo flight  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Rather get the girl or go airborne in your favorite airplan?e

• hottie
    • airplane

Guest Dwight Schrute

As we are getting ready to crank engines this morning we here an unfamliar callsign on ground. I look over to my left and see a beautiful P-51D rolling into parking right in front of base ops. Jack Roush, owner of Roush Racing, and 'Gentleman Jim' paid a visit to the ole' Selfridge Air patch today. I didn't have my camera with me, but that beauty is burned into my memory. That piece of art looks like it rolled of the line yesterday...

It got me thinking, anybody else have any cool warbird stories? Mine was not that cool, but it was such a great site to see something like that before an eval. I would have given my left nut-probably my right one too-if Jack would have asked for them in exchange for a ride. One more question: Would you forgo sleeping with your fantasy hottie for a 1.5 solo in the airplane of your dreams? Truly a tough choice...maybe.

Edited by Dwight Schrute

I love Warbirds, maybe more than most, but give me the piece of ass. And for the record, I've ridden in a P-51, Sea Fury, A-26, B-17, and others. Sure, they were great times and I'll always remember them, but not as much as I would giving it to Jessica Biel.

Guest Dwight Schrute
I love Warbirds, maybe more than most, but give me the piece of ass. And for the record, I've ridden in a P-51, Sea Fury, A-26, B-17, and others. Sure, they were great times and I'll always remember them, but not as much as I would giving it to Jessica Biel.

mmm...Jessica Biel

I would have given my left nut-probably my right one too-if Jack would have asked for them in exchange for a ride. One more question: Would you forgo sleeping with your fantasy hottie for a 1.5 solo in the airplane of your dreams? Truly a tough choice...maybe.

Wow.

HD

No hesitation at all in deciding...Veronica Zemanova...Google her, but not at work (unless you have the 'safe' filter on, and even then it is risky...safer to wait until you are home on your own computer).

By the way, does the '1.5' apply to the hottie as well?

Cheers! M2

One more question: Would you forgo sleeping with your fantasy hottie for a 1.5 solo in the airplane of your dreams? Truly a tough choice...maybe.

Not a tough choice. I'll take the 1.5 solo in the airplane. Everytime.

Warbird. :rock:

1.5 in a B-25 as pax was F'n awesome... I can only imagine what 1.5 solo in a Corsair, Bearcat, Mustang, etc. would be like.

Besides, the warbird ain't gonna nag you about why you didn't _____________________.

Guest markkyle66

True... always going to be more hot women around than old warbirds. I suppose it comes down to this.. do you have to call her the next day? lol...

Besides, the warbird ain't gonna nag you about why you didn't _____________________.

Sounds like this could lead to a whole different thread entitled "Why airplanes are better than women."

Guest Hoser

Hottie: Megan Fox

megan-fox-gm_l1.jpg

Warbird: Precious Cargo: C-47 N-57NA.

It was based out of ASH when I was going thru college and Allied Air Freight was operating out of there too. I helped get the plane back up and running and I would help load and unload (STS) cargo. Instead of money, I was allowed stick time when she was empty flying to the next pick up location.

Actual C-47 (not a DC-3 convert) and it was making drops during the D-Day Invasion

0759892.jpg

Cap-10 :flag_waving:

In the words of some actor in some British movie, "You treat your airplane like you treat your woman. You get inside of her five times a day and take her to heaven and back."

Warbird, definitely.

Lord Flashheart, the WW I RFC ace from 'Black Adder Goes Forth'...played by Rik Mayall (sp?), also in 'The Young Ones.'

Cheers! M2

It got me thinking, anybody else have any cool warbird stories?

Flew in a buddies AT-6. Did some cuban 8's, barrel rolls, wing overs, and loops. Did a low pass of their lake house at 200 AGL and 230 KIAS. He had his CFI so I got an hour of AT-6 flight time in my log book. Pretty cool. The best part was going convertible on downwind and landing with the top down. That was a great day. 2.0 in the J-3 and 1.0 in the T-6.

Curtis was a great pilot and incredibly talented. Soloed 17 different airplanes on his 16th bday and got all his ratings in min time and min age. Had 2000 hrs by the time he was 22. Was set to take over his dad's business selling jets in Columbia but was killed in that same AT-6 later that year. Him and his father were alternating taking neighbors for rides in the community and Curtis lost an engine on take off killing himself and the passenger. RIP Curtis :flag_waving:

• 3 months later...

Speaking of warbirds, here are a few pics of the P-51s and P-40 that were on the flightline at Randolph yesterday for Tex Hill's fly-by, which unfortunately could not be completed due to wx...

Cheers! M2

• 3 months later...
Guest regularjoe

An old joke but still great especially here.

Unlike a woman a plane will stop whinning when you shutdown the engine.

I definetely would take 1.5 in the air. As for the aircraft it would be a tossup between a P-38 and FW-190