Gun Talk

VL-16

BTW, I read the NM gun bill.

Except for the magazine restrictions which is 10-15 (what happened to the Holy Grail of 10 or less?), the entire thing bans weapons due to cosmetic reasons. Absolutely every item listed was an adjective about appearance, not function - pistol grip/flash suppressor/thumbhole stockbayonet lug/adjustable stock, etc, etc, etc.

They're not even trying hard.

This ought to be a slam dunk legal case if it passes. Hopefully, the Gov does veto it.

Banning guns for their scary looks is nothing new. The previous AWB had things in it such as "barrel shrouds" (I'm sure you all remember the hilarity that brought with it) and pistol grips.

It's funny both because of the ignorance of the legislators and how sad it is that they are actually arguing over physical makeup of things. I'm glad the pistol grip'd 10-22LR is more dangerous than a regular old shouldered 30-06

Vice President Joe Biden suggested today that the best thing to do if you want to defend yourself is "buy a shotgun." He says that AR-15's are not very good for personal defense because they are "harder to aim" and you "shouldn't need 30 rounds to defend yourself." Therefore, passing an AWB won't be that big of a deal. He's trained his wife that if an intruder enters their home, she should take the double barreled shotgun onto the balcony and fire two shots into the air. That way the intruder will run away.

Edit: found the video and it's much better than my summary.

So, he is publicly advocating doing something that is illegal in most localities (and something not recommended by any legitimate firearms self defense technique) as a primary methodology for self defense? Well done, Joe.

Guns are for threatening, apparently. I wonder what his plan is for that ol' double barrel when the warning shots don't scare the intruders off...or if there are more than two of 'em....or if he misses....or there's a misfire/hangfire.

I love the part about ARs being harder to aim and harder to use. Isn't the argument for banning firearms with pistol grips is that it makes them easier to "spray from the hip"?

YGBSM.

Edited by Hacker

Texas will be Colorado in 20-30 years. Hispanics are by far the fasting growing demographic and they are currently being born 50% out of wedlock which is more of a recipe for requiring welfare than not...couple that with that they recently voted 70% for a politician that promised everybody free stuff and there you have it--solid and growing base for the Dems (Bush never even got to 45%) . Throw in the wild card that the GOP might be stupid enough to allow the illegals to become citizens and then it's even worse. All I'm saying is that if you're trying to forecast what a State will be like, you can't just look at its current makeup. Texas is a no-go for me. But as always when it comes to this issue, I hope I am wrong.

Texas should hold out for a while, but we are on a similar path. Austin is being flooded with ex-Californians turning an already liberal city into a nightmare one. San Antonio and it's party-toting Democratic mayor are slowing overcoming the conservative demographic. Houston is worst than Austin with its lesbian mayor. She, along with Dallas' Mike Rawlings and San Antonio's Julian Castro, are members of Mayors Against Illegal Guns Coalition.

We also have a fast-growing Hispanic population (currently 37.6%), which heavily leans Democratic.

The shift is slow but steady, it may not occur in my lifetime but unaddressed I see the possibility of Texas going blue. 41.4% of its population voted for Obama in 2012, and while Texans have not elected a Democrat to a statewide office since 1994; the state's Democratic presence primarily in East and South Texas as well as Beaumont, El Paso, Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, and Houston are a growing threat as the liberal urbanites overcome those conservatives in rural and suburban areas...

Cheers! M2

p.s. I don't know where you got your stats; but in 2000 and 2004 Bush won Texas with over 60% of the vote. Also, Romney got 57.2% in 2012 to Obama's 41.4%.

p.s. I don't know where you got your stats; but in 2000 and 2004 Bush won Texas with over 60% of the vote. Also, Romney got 57.2% in 2012 to Obama's 41.4%.

My stats are referring to the 2004 National Election in which Bush only received 44% of the nationwide Hispanic vote...and it's been going downhill since. I do believe a Rubio, Jindhal or Martinez could do better than Romney's 30% (seems hard to imagine that they could do worse), but it's coming down to the fact that Dems see a solid majority of Hispanics voting their way in years to come, and so they're giving what the majority of Hispanics want to see come from government--welfare, amnesty for illegals, bilingual education, etc. For the record, I don't disagree at all with Joe and Nsplayr that the Dems are playing politics a whole lot better than the GOP (especially on the national level), but to me, the Republic is way more important than playing politics, though those on the left seem to disagree.

So back to the guns--I'd say expect more of the same from the States where Dems have control. They believe this issue is on their side and in a little less than 2 years we'll see if they are right. In the meantime, I'd continue to stock up, especially as prices become somewhat more reasonable again. The Dems are showing most of their cards in regards to the 2nd Amendment, so don't be surprised when they go all out--1 more liberal Justice on the SCOTUS and the Heller decision would have been flipped.

Haven't seen this posted here yet, in light of the new guns laws of CO, here are some tips for women that they published since they can't properly defend themselves...

http://www.ibtimes.com/colorado-college-advises-vomiting-or-urinating-stop-rapists-after-lawmakers-pass-gun-control-bills

What To Do If You Are Attacked

These tips are designed to help you protect yourself on campus, in town, at your home, or while you travel. These are preventative tips and are designed to instruct you in crime prevention tactics.

1. Be realistic about your ability to protect yourself.

2. Your instinct may be to scream, go ahead! It may startle your attacker and give you an opportunity to run away.

3. Kick off your shoes if you have time and can't run in them.

4. Don't take time to look back; just get away.

5. If your life is in danger, passive resistance may be your best defense.

6. Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating.

7. Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone.

8. Yelling, hitting or biting may give you a chance to escape, do it!

9. Understand that some actions on your part might lead to more harm.

10. Remember, every emergency situation is different. Only you can decide which action is most appropriate."

Or apparently according to a liberal idiot (yes I know redundant) State Senator ball point pens are more effective because you don't want cross fire and stuff....

“I just want to say, and another comment was made a bit lighthearted to our witness but I don’t think we should take it lighthearted that when Congressman Giffords was shot and there was a shooting in the ‑‑ it was in a supermarket, people who were unarmed took that person down when he stopped to reload. There are other ways to address violence. And it doesn’t mean that we have our kids exposed to a whole crossfire of multiple folks in a room shooting simultaneously. And that congressman Giffords’ life was saved and so many others when very valiant folks stood up to defend themselves and protect themselves and they did it with ballpoint pens.”

Vice President Joe Biden suggested today that the best thing to do if you want to defend yourself is "buy a shotgun." He says that AR-15's are not very good for personal defense because they are "harder to aim" and you "shouldn't need 30 rounds to defend yourself." Therefore, passing an AWB won't be that big of a deal. He's trained his wife that if an intruder enters their home, she should take the double barreled shotgun onto the balcony and fire two shots into the air. That way the intruder will run away.

Edit: found the video and it's much better than my summary.

Biden was hired to make Obama look smart. He is very good at his job.

Looks like Utah may be the place to go. HB114 and HB76, two excellent pieces of personal protection and pro-constitution legislation are looking promising in both Senate and House. If you live there, I'd recommend sending a letter of support to the UT Governor regarding these bills.

http://www.sportsman...s2.cfm/ID/84585

S&W MP15-22 w/ the threaded barrel. $422 and in-stock. This would have been a fair price this past summer. Get em' while they last!

Wow, that was a great price for a minute at least. No shit same gun was over $600 at a gun show I went to last weekend. Crazy. One of the major sellers at the show had signs all over empty tables to the effect of "Everybody calm the F down and stop the hoarding/panic buying!" I thought that was kinda funny.

It's definitely a step in the right direction, however, even if and when Illinois does in fact technically enact a CCW law, I'm sure it will be a 'May Issue' State and be damn near impossible for the Joe citizen to obtain one, much like in Hawaii.

I'm looking at getting a new sight for an AR. I'm leaning towards the EO tech XPS2. Anyone have experience they can share?

A buddy of mine has one on his AR. I like it, but it requires a CR123 battery which can be a little more expensive and may be harder to find. Their 512 takes two AAs, but it takes up more space on your upper. Either way, I'm sure you'd be happy with it.

I've been researching a combo that has both a tactical option and a little bit of reach...thinking about this one.

DEFENDER-2T.jpg?1327925630

That's pretty cool. I'm not familiar with Valhalla. But, then again, I'm new to the AR market. Is EO tech just the big name in this market which allows them to charge more? Is the a difference, in your opinion, on the quality between the two brands?

A buddy of mine has one on his AR. I like it, but it requires a CR123 battery which can be a little more expensive and may be harder to find. Their 512 takes two AAs, but it takes up more space on your upper. Either way, I'm sure you'd be happy with it.

Oh yeah, the CR123 is very expensive and hard to find, which is weird because it is used in a lot of cameras, flashes, NVGs, you name it.....

Here they are:

http://www.batterymart.com/p-hitech-cr123-lithium-photo-battery.html?utm_term=CR123-BULK&utm_source=GoogleBase&utm_medium=CPC&gclid=CL37m7TrzLUCFcdxQgodQ1IAyg

Wow 500 for $0.89 each... very expensive and hard to find.

• Upvote 1