Gun Talk

VL-16

Just grabbed an M6A5 (for me) & also an umarex .22 for my son. Now if I can find some .22 we might be in business.....

I've heard great things about the Umarex H&K line of 22's. Once you are able to find some ammo and try it out, could you give a range report?

I've heard great things about the Umarex H&K line of 22's. Once you are able to find some ammo and try it out, could you give a range report?

Sure. Fit & finish are top notch. Would prefer the A1 stock instead of a slightly wobbly 2 position folder, but everything else appears excellent. Will know more after a few hundred rounds; hopefully before I deploy.

You guys ever try the Arfcom exchange? There may be some good deals to be had (as well as some price gouging) http://www.ar15.com/..._Magazines.html

AR15.com is a wealth of knowledge... Both in the archives and just in asking questions... They aren't hard on newbies asking questions. Theres few things the gun nuts there like more than talking about guns to others.

The EE (Equipment Exchange) can be a place for good deals or hard to find parts, but lately the prices are pretty high there too.

They take welchers and scammers pretty seriously, but if you deal with guys with high feedback, high post counts and a paid team membership you will likely end up just fine.

I've been on there for a decade, and have never been scammed... And yes, there are a lot of crazy folks on there. But just stay out of General Discussion and in the tech forums and you will be fine.

AR15.com is a wealth of knowledge... Both in the archives and just in asking questions... They aren't hard on newbies asking questions. Theres few things the gun nuts there like more than talking about guns to others.

The EE (Equipment Exchange) can be a place for good deals or hard to find parts, but lately the prices are pretty high there too.

They take welchers and scammers pretty seriously, but if you deal with guys with high feedback, high post counts and a paid team membership you will likely end up just fine.

I've been on there for a decade, and have never been scammed... And yes, there are a lot of crazy folks on there. But just stay out of General Discussion and in the tech forums and you will be fine.

I stand by my comments. That site is well known for being full of morons, and what little time I've spent there confirmed it.

BARF.com has too many idiots on it, every time I wander over there I see way too much stupidity to make me want to stick around...

Funny thing is, if you actually go to BARF.com it's a website for premium dog food!

BARF.com has too many idiots on it, every time I wander over there I see way too much stupidity to make me want to stick around...

There's a Baseops joke in there somewhere.

Hell, I'd be more impressed if state carry laws applied on military installations. I understand USC 18 Sec 930, but not even allowing people to keep personally-owned firearms in their vehicles when state law allows it is just stupid!

You guys need to move to AZ, quite nice with the gun laws.....at least DM and the ANG base.

http://coloradopeakp...sell-elsewhere/

Well expect an even longer wait to get anymore magpuls

We are a third-generation Colorado company that has been committed to this state since my grandfather founded the company in 1948,” Greg Alfred, the company’s chief executive, writes in the letter. “However, if House Bill 1224 passes, we will plain and simply have no choice but to relocate part or all of our operations to another state.”

https://www.facebook.com/magpul/posts/560455547300132

The bill passed the house.

Edited by Scaredfuzz21

You guys need to move to AZ, quite nice with the gun laws.....at least DM and the ANG base.

Arizona and New Mexico are on the short list if I were ever to leave Texas. Colorado used to be, but with the recently proposed legislation (mentioned above) I think their days of being "pro-gun" are numbered...

Arizona and New Mexico are on the short list if I were ever to leave Texas. Colorado used to be, but with the recently proposed legislation (mentioned above) I think their days of being "pro-gun" are numbered...

I'd cross New Mexico off the list if I were you. With the exception of the current Governor, the State is ran by Dems who are all about driver licenses for illegals, and it also wouldn't suprise me one bit if in the future they tried to get a ban similar to the one being proposed in CO. I bet Arizona will follow suit in the next 10-20 years.

I think the best States for freedom and liberty (guns are just a symptom of this) are Wyoming, Idaho, and Utah...with Montana still being pretty good (though they seem to have a slight liberal streak)--I guess the most of the plain States are pretty good as well.

I think the best States for freedom and liberty (guns are just a symptom of this) are Wyoming, Idaho, and Utah...with Montana still being pretty good (though they seem to have a slight liberal streak)--I guess the most of the plain States are pretty good as well.

Read this before? +1 to Utah, great place for the most part.

Edited by nsplayr

Actually that is the first time I have seen it, but thanks for the link. My opinions on where I want to live and retire are based off quite a bit of research I do on the various States that I find appealing.

As for you liking Utah--wow! I figured a big lib wouldn't want anything to do with the land of the Mormons (I jest). Maybe a slight Libertarian streak in you somewhere?

Actually that is the first time I have seen it, but thanks for the link. My opinions on where I want to live and retire are based off quite a bit of research I do on the various States that I find appealing.

Enjoy! I'm definitely fairly read-in on survivalist stuff believe it or not.

As for you liking Utah--wow! I figured a big lib wouldn't want anything to do with the land of the Mormons (I jest). Maybe a slight Libertarian streak in you somewhere?

Born there, lots of family still there, love to ski, makes for a winning combination. Mormons are generally very nice even if their religion isn't for me.

• Upvote 1

There are much better forums that provide much better information than AR15.com. I do, however, agree with you about the EE. I've sold a couple of things there, and I've also searched for some items; most of them being reasonably priced.

Edited by Timbonez