Everything posted by StoleIt
-
F-35 Lightning/JSF (Joint Strike Fighter)
The USAF and DOD did have a fly off for both the JSF and the 5th Gen fighter. The YF-22 vs the YF-23 and the X-35 vs X-32. Do you not remember Boeing's hideous JSF "Guppy" concept? I have never heard of the F-22 and the F-35 being compared heads up by our DOD. The Australians kept saying they wanted the F-22 instead of the F-35 but quickly changed their mind now. Basically its only the people who aren't involved in the process that keep thinking the F-35 is a turd and the F-22 can do its job better. And the YF-17 was always twin engined, it was based off the F-5 to begin with. Where are you getting your information from?
-
F-35 Lightning/JSF (Joint Strike Fighter)
As long as the Marines still operate the pocket carriers (forgot what they are called) they will need the STOVL capability. Wikipedia informs me that are Tarawa class amphibious assault ship (wouldn't dare use the AAS acronym). So as long as Marines still fancy using those ships they will want the some fixed wing support on it. I'd be interested to hear what other countries are buying the -B model. Since Britain doesn't have full sized carrier either I would think the -C isn't an option for their Navy.
-
Airbus A400M
108 airframes? Damn! Didn't think any branch of the military could get that many of a plane. I am surprised the Navy isn't getting 10 and told to make it work, because thats what I seriously expected.
-
Biden jokes about Oath Gaffe
Did you see Obama's facial expression? And the touch on the arm. I thought it was hilarious though, but then again I am way too un-PC to be a politician.
-
Losing Air Dominance
More pen pockets in our next non functional utility uniform...which will also have built in reflective material...but we will still need a reflective belt anyway.
-
Music As Torture
I like how it isn't highly mentioned how 1 in 3 Gitmo prisoners who are released are recaptured or killed fighting US troops. I am betting the other two just haven't been caught yet also. Fact of the matter is the people in Gitmo aren't there because they threw a shoe at POTUS, they are there because they got caught planting IED's or shooting at US troops. These people aren't innocent.
-
Gun Talk
Yes...terrible trigger discipline...just terrible...
-
Fighting Flamingos
:: Checks the date :: Fawk, it's not April 1st...
-
New Weapons School patch
That is terrible. Looks like someone paid $20 bucks to a 15 year old with photoshop for designing that! And what is that blob on the top right between E-3 and the F-15?
-
CLASSIC: De Motivational Poster Contest!
Self explanitory...
-
Car Makers giving up their biz jets
But when you purchase an import vehicle, the money goes to that nations GDP. Granted, some of it might come back here in the form of salaries, industry, R&D. But it is still only a fraction. Also it isn't like the Big 3 are the only ones hurting. Toyota and Honda both posted losses. And they have both been bailed out by their respective governments before. Source: https://jalopnik.com/5114286/toyota-may-pos...oss-in-70-years What I think is really unfair is: That while American cars are allowed to be sold in Japan and some other Asian countries, they are given an Import tax that adds a very large cost to the vehicle. Talk about unfair. I am all for forcing parallel taxes. Japan charges an extra (lets say) 20% to buy an American car...we add a 20% tax to Japanese cars sold here. Now the public would never go for that, since that would be unfair...so why is it allowed in Japan? Hmm maybe because the Japanese industries like their monopoly. And US sheeple like their imports. Forcing our domestic automakers out of a large population where they should be allowed to sell cars. I imagine after China gets the hang on producing cars they will do the same thing, but only after expanding into our market, of course.
-
Happy Hanukkah
Same book; different chapters. Oh yea and people...we tend to fuck up the most simple and well meaning of things.
-
Car Makers giving up their biz jets
Congress also approved their own raise. Now the lowest making member of congress makes a lowly 170k or so.
-
Happy Hanukkah
Wohoo potato pancakes!!!
-
Music As Torture
I vote put these guys in regular federal prison. Let good ole US of A convicts take care of it. I bet those guys wouldn't last a week.
-
CV-22 Osprey info
What changes would have solved that? I am guessing its the prop diameter?
-
CV-22 Osprey info
But it can't vary the pitch of the props enough to make up for that?
-
Running for Congress...
Best of luck!!!
-
USAA
For those of you who use USAA and are computer inclined...I have busting my head against a wall here. Every time I try to use the Deposit@Home feature now it will scan the check in gray scale. USAA wont accept it that way. I don't know what has changed, about 3 months ago everything worked fine. Same computer, same scanner/printer, same everything. I moved and reset up my computer and now it's jacked up. I reset my scanner profiles and made sure that are all on color. But still scans as gray scale. Printer is a HP PSC 2210. Anyone had this problem? Or a cure? I got the envelops to snail mail USAA checks, but it still want to see if I can fix this. Thanks!
-
Gun Talk
I've talked to alot of law enforcement officers that said they wouldn't enforce a ban. Most because they didn't believe in it, and a couple because they figured they would get killed in the process.
-
CRM powerpoint
Email sent. Ya that one too Boom. This was a civilian class though, so just NTSB reports. Nothing military related, except for the picture of the BONE sitting on its ass when the CG went way wrong.
-
CRM powerpoint
I don't have any video's off hand but I have all the slides/notes/info from the CRM class I took (in powerpoint form). An idea what I am sitting on: Failures in communication/coordination EAL, L-1011 (Whisperliner), Miami, 1972 TWA, B727, Washington Dulles, 1974 Pan American/KLM, B747, Tenerife, 1977 UAL, DC-8, Portland, 1978 Air Florida, B737, Washington National, 1982 Let me know if your interested and I can email you it.
-
Gun Talk
They only had a standard M1A there, no scout squads. I definitly liked it, just pricey at that store. I'll probably buy one with a composite stock from an online dealer when I decide to "pull the trigger".
-
'Special paint scheme' Hawk.
Damn... That Spit...wow! Saw and heard (more importantly) one at Oshkosh one year. Amazing!!! Oh yea, Hawk looks nice too!
-
Gun Talk
I am actually going tomorrow to look at a standard Springfield M1A tomorrow. I will see if they have any of the Scout Squad's there.