Everything posted by StoleIt
-
Gun Talk
Thanks! Doubling makes sense. I know double tap = two rapid shots, just couldn't think of another way to saying "doubling." Definitely, that's why when I was sure it wasn't just a freak event and it reoccurred I put that lower away and threw on a different one. Even shooting in a buddies back yard, not worth the risk.
-
Gun Talk
The KAC 2 Stage trigger literally can be "tuned." And I'm probably not using the correct phrase to describe what was happening. I pulled the trigger once and two rounds came out...after two or three times of this occurring I swapped lowers to one with a CMMG LPK and the problem did not reappear. The two lowers had the same brand buffer, tube, and spring. Only difference was the trigger. I am going with Leupold because it's the "correct" optic for a Mk12. Basically I am building a Mk12 Mod0 clone, so trying to keep the parts as correct as I can. Personal preference, but my SHTF gun would be a close/medium range weapon (ie: AR-15). I have a tricked out M1A for distance (not a bolt gun but it's still sub MOA), the soon to be completed Mk12 for an SPR, and an M-16A4 clone for shits and giggles. I haven't heard of anyone having reliability issues with lightened BCGs. In fact, the competition (3-gun) competitions are full of them and reliability is just as important to them as to anyone else. Really, I don't think light weight AR's sacrifice any reliability compared to a full weight. Sure, if you ran over a polymer lower with a tank I am sure it would crack...but baring that unlikely scenario... What part has you worried? (And the barrel for my lightweight is a 14.5 that will have the FSC 556 pinned to bring me over 16" so it's not an SBR...damn you Illinois!)
-
Gun Talk
Around 5 pounds. I am not sure if I want to spend the money for a lightweight BCG (JP, Loki, etc). But I am planning on an RMR for the optic and that's pretty dang light. My goal isn't to set any records with this build (thus the rifle length handguard instead of a carbine). I want it to be really light but still be a SHTF rifle that is practical and useful. So it will BUIS and the Magpul ASAP is already on it.
-
Gun Talk
Light weight build coming along nicely. Still needs a muzzle device (FSC 556), light weight BCG, charging handle, and some little parts but overall 80% there. Really liking this carbon fiber handguard. It's stupid light and really nice quality. And ignore the rail riser, just using that to hold the handguard on until the barrel nut gets here.
-
Leaving Afghanistan
Gen Keith Ware was KIA in Vietnam.
- WTF? (**NSFW**)
-
Latest Movies
2 on Guardians of the Galaxy. I enjoyed it.
-
Safety of Flight/Crew Rest
Do share!
-
Gun Talk
Zero-ing the iron sights on the Mk12. Stupid sick groupings even with random 55gr run of the mill 556. I need to get off my ass and order the correct Leopold Mk4 scope (their Mil/LEO discount is insane btw) and some Mk262 77gr 556. And anyone know how to a tune a KAC 2-stage trigger? I was getting doubletaps so quickly swapped out lowers so nobody could claim I had an NFA rifle.
-
Body of young stowaway found in wheel well of C-130
Weirdest C-130 landing gear I've ever seen...
-
Promotion and PRF Information
Oh thank God!
- Border crisis
-
Cooperate to graduate (unless planning a political career)
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/23/sen-john-walsh-cites-ptsd-in-thesis-plagiarism-explanation/ The PTSD caused him to plagiarize...
-
WTF? (**NSFW**)
- Fake soldier called out
No, because Joe and Jane Citizen have no idea this douche is a faker. Just like the recent pretend Marine who some NBA player traded seats with on an airplane and tweeted about it.- Fake soldier called out
I just love how there are zero repercussions for people dressing up as mil and representing themselves as much. It's illegal to dress up as a Cop...why is it legal for impersonate mil?- Promotion and PRF Information
- What's wrong with the Air Force?
ILANG is the same.- What stocks/ETFs are you investing in?
True, but it could also go bankrupt...- American Flag Shoulder Patch Out of Regs?!?!
- Mexican Military incursion(s) into the United States
- WTF? (**NSFW**)
- American Flag Shoulder Patch Out of Regs?!?!
Not saying it was standard or common, but for those saying the WWII Army uniform was sans flag... And cue butt hurt over which direction the flag is facing. Someone better contact these guys immediately to correct them! I bet they had some shitty SNCO's back in the day if they were able to get away with such a major uniform infraction.- What to do/not do as a new LT (aka how not to be "that LT")
Park in the "Any LT" spot at your own risk.- Another Malaysian 777 Crash (assuming the first one did crash)
Two things about this video: 1) That guy is a douche. 2) It demonstrates just how little fact checking the media does on witnesses and "experts." - Fake soldier called out
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.