Jump to content
Baseops Forums
Guest oliwoody

Track Selects and Assignment Nights

Recommended Posts

Ignore the 3rd grade MS paint skills. KDLF 20-14/15
drop.jpg.c493793f41c0ef15f1b8bdf91151afcf.jpg

That slides title font is really something to behold; I’m surprised they didn’t use Wingdings...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fat Amy showing up

KSPS 20-03
A-10 Maryland ANG
A-10 Davis-Monthan x3
B-52 Barksdale
B-1 Dyess
E-3 Tinker
F-16 TBD
F-15C Kingsley
F-22 Eglin x2
F-35 Luke
T-38C Sheppard x2
C-130 Belgium
F-16 Belgium x5
Tornado Germany x2
Eurofighter Germany

KSPS 20-04
A-10 ANG
A-10 
B-1
F-15C
F-15E x2
F-16 x3
F-22
F-35 x2
MC-130
T-6 FAIP
T-38C FAIP
Eurofighter x6 (Spain, UK, Germany)
Tornado Germany
F/A-18 Spain

KSPS 20-05
A-10 Whiteman ANG
B-1 Dyess
B-52 x2 Barksdale
F-15E x2 Seymour-Johnson  
F-16 x2 TBD
F-35 x4 TBD
T-6 FAIP
T-38C FAIP
F-16 x2 Netherlands 
F-16 Turkey
F-35 Netherlands
T-38C Belgium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody have access to old UPT syllabi? Trying to track down a copy of the one that would have been in place when I went through KCBM as a student in 2011-2012.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20-16/17

DLF

C-17 JBLM

T-6 Laughlin

U-28 Hurlburt

KC-135 McConnell

C-17 Travis

MC-130J Kirtland

RC-135 Offutt

T-6 Laughlin

C-5 Dover

C-130H Cheyenne ANGB

C-5 Westover ARB

KC-135 Macdill

C-146 Duke

F-15E Seymour Johnson

C-130 Channel Islands ANGB

C-17 Charleston

C-17 McGuire

E-8 Robins

KC-135 Fairchild

U-28 Hurlburt

RC-135 Offutt

 

CBM

C-17 Travis

C-130J Dyess x2

T-1 Columbus

C-17 McGuire

C-17 Charleston

KC-135 Fairchild

KC-135 Birmingham AL ANG

HC-130J Moody

C-17 Charlotte NC ANG x2

KC-10 McGuire

C-130J Little Rock x2

C-17 McChord

MC-130J Kirtland

T-6 Columbus

F-35 Luke

C-130H Dobbins ARB

C-17 Dover

 

Question for the audience from a lowly T-1 stud - are the last drops of the year better or worse on average? FAIPs are saying it’s gonna be fire. Last drop of FY20 scheduled to be Aug 20 for classes 20-22/23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ch33s3 said:

Question for the audience from a lowly T-1 stud - are the last drops of the year better or worse on average? FAIPs are saying it’s gonna be fire. Last drop of FY20 scheduled to be Aug 20 for classes 20-22/23

They're average.  Personally never noticed any big swing one way or the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ch33s3 said:

Question for the audience from a lowly T-1 stud - are the last drops of the year better or worse on average? FAIPs are saying it’s gonna be fire. Last drop of FY20 scheduled to be Aug 20 for classes 20-22/23

My class was the last of the fiscal year, and I remember us frantically trying to figure out what exactly that meant.  Our's wasn't great in the T-38 side, but the T-1 guys got a fair number of good deals.  After watching drops at a UPT base for five years, it doesn't matter, it's all smoke and mirrors.   We've tried to look at it from every angle, to include some guys with PhDs from Rand with a little too much time on their hands trying to crack the code if you will, and the only trend is a the lack of a trend.  Some classes have a great drop, others are terrible three weeks later. All luck and timing.  Prepare for every flight like it'll make the difference, throw in your dream sheet and see what happens.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ch33s3 said:

20-16/17

DLF

C-17 JBLM

T-6 Laughlin

U-28 Hurlburt

KC-135 McConnell

C-17 Travis

MC-130J Kirtland

RC-135 Offutt

T-6 Laughlin

C-5 Dover

C-130H Cheyenne ANGB

C-5 Westover ARB

KC-135 Macdill

C-146 Duke

F-15E Seymour Johnson

C-130 Channel Islands ANGB

C-17 Charleston

C-17 McGuire

E-8 Robins

KC-135 Fairchild

U-28 Hurlburt

RC-135 Offutt

 

CBM

C-17 Travis

C-130J Dyess x2

T-1 Columbus

C-17 McGuire

C-17 Charleston

KC-135 Fairchild

KC-135 Birmingham AL ANG

HC-130J Moody

C-17 Charlotte NC ANG x2

KC-10 McGuire

C-130J Little Rock x2

C-17 McChord

MC-130J Kirtland

T-6 Columbus

F-35 Luke

C-130H Dobbins ARB

C-17 Dover

 

Question for the audience from a lowly T-1 stud - are the last drops of the year better or worse on average? FAIPs are saying it’s gonna be fire. Last drop of FY20 scheduled to be Aug 20 for classes 20-22/23

Are T-38s and T-1s dropping together or separate now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Vimix22 said:

Are T-38s and T-1s dropping together or separate now?

I’d be hard pressed to find a T-1 stud that tracked a F-35 or F-15E in those drops 😉

Edited by Finch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Finch said:

I’d be hard pressed to find a T-1 stud that tracked a F-35 or F-15E in those drops 😉

Yeah...but 2 fighters (well, kind of) over 2 classes and 2 bases...ouch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2020 at 10:17 PM, mcbush said:

Anybody have access to old UPT syllabi? Trying to track down a copy of the one that would have been in place when I went through KCBM as a student in 2011-2012.

Guys at Randolph are your best bet, but in case no one else answers, here's one from 2004. https://web.archive.org/web/20120329111254/http://www.t6driver.com/jsupt/jppt_jsupt_syllabus.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If CBM has a historian he/she should be able to track it down.

Not sure if bases are keeping historians around anymore or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/15/2020 at 5:26 AM, Inertia17 said:

Yeah...but 2 fighters (well, kind of) over 2 classes and 2 bases...ouch.

38s at Vance have been dropping with the T-1s in an 'on again, off again' fashion.  Just depends on how far behind they are at any given point in time.

Edited by dmginc
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2020 at 7:22 PM, Ch33s3 said:

FAIPs are saying it’s gonna be fire.

This is advanced tactical knowledge for FAIPs

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly off topic question, are zaps still a thing? I feel like I don't see too many new ones around in the last few years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Orbit said:

Slightly off topic question, are zaps still a thing? I feel like I don't see too many new ones around in the last few years. 

I once put a sticker on a random, abandoned, small end table in the T6/T38 squadron building. About 4 months later they created a some kind of waiting room in the sim building and used that table. Our SRO got a talking for people vandalizing and zapping inappropriate locations. Seems like it isn't really worth dealing with the hassle anymore .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

F that keep zapping shit

Edited by Orbit
  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, tedybearofdoom said:

I once put a sticker on a random, abandoned, small end table in the T6/T38 squadron building. About 4 months later they created a some kind of waiting room in the sim building and used that table. Our SRO got a talking for people vandalizing and zapping inappropriate locations. Seems like it isn't really worth dealing with the hassle anymore .

Dude that person needs to go eat a bag of dicks. If its on UPT base property, it's 100% fair game! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CBM 20-17/18

E3 Tinker

C5 Dover

C17 Charleston x2

C130 Dyess x2

C130 Little Rock

HC130 DM

MC130 Kirtland

AC130 Duke

U28 Hurlburt x2

KC135 MacDill

T1 CBM

T6 CBM

T38 CBM

B1 Dyess

F35 Luke

F16 x2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Ch33s3 said:

CBM 20-17/18

Are they just not having a lot of 38 studs right now, or are they back to fing them over with the heavies that T-1s don’t want?

Edited by Hawg15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are they just not having a lot of 38 studs right now, or are they back to fing them over with the heavies that T-1s don’t want?

Rumor mill was that a couple were non-recommended for IFF


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, the g-man said:


Rumor mill was that a couple were non-recommended for IFF


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The students can find out now. When the flight commander submits OP4418 it’s supposed to have a fighter recommendation if they didn’t get a fighter assignment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LookieRookie said:

The students can find out now. When the flight commander submits OP4418 it’s supposed to have a fighter recommendation if they didn’t get a fighter assignment.

This day in age, I think it’s pretty obvious that if they didn’t get a fighter - they weren’t recommended for one.

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CAFB 20-20/21

KC-135 Macdill (AFRC)

C-5 Dover

C-130H Maxwell (ANG)

C-17 Travis x3

F-15 LA Guard

A-10 DM

C-130 KY ANG

KC-135 KS ANG

T-6 CBM

F-16 NJ ANG

C-17 Dover x2

C-17 Charleston x2

T-38 CBM

F-16 tbd x2

C-130J Keesler (AFRC)

KC-10 Travis x2

B-52 Barksdale

F-15 Kingsley

F-22 Hickam 

T-6 Laughlin 

Hc-130J CA ANG

EC-130H DM

E-3 Tinker

MC-130J Kirtland

C-17 McChord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...