The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

Can you please stop trying to make some moral comparison or argument that Biden will be a criminal? There is legitimately no evidence of that.
Guardian, it’s hard to listen to you guys, when you basically get fully on board with conspiracy theories with almost no substance, just because they align with your politics. “But they have 500 affidavits!!” (You actually mistakenly said 11,000 here, but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt). Have you read any of them? Almost none of them have any impact, and the vast majority are in the “I got a reminder to register to vote after I registered to vote.” A few allege that someone saw multiple signatures were the same. The biggest one was officially - in the justice system - recanted by a postal worker. In total, there is literally no way that they could affect the vote. It was a blowout. 3% margin. Unfortunate, but true. And with these fake votes, the GOP maintained control of the senate. Pretty bad fake voting, if you ask me.
You guys are the same folks that said 5 months ago that the response to COVID was a liberal fraud. A global. Liberal. Fraud. Your ability to disregard aggregate scientific or sociological evidence and put your trust in one or two conflicting opinions is part of why we can’t get on the same page. I recently read a study about conservatives being more likely to overvalue experiential or personal stories, and I literally thought of you. I have spent entirely too much time on this forum.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/theconversation.com/amp/conservatives-value-personal-stories-more-than-liberals-do-when-evaluating-scientific-evidence-149132
When it comes down to it, Biden is a super boring politician that has a kid who does drugs. And he’s open about it. It makes the “Hillary-esque” character attacks you guys want to make all the more absurd when you try.

The postal worker wasn’t recanted. He was bullied by a federal agent and then someone said he reacted which he immediately came out and said he didn’t recant.

How does pay for play not equate to being a criminal. In Joe Biden’s own words he did that. And then dems later complained for what they claimed was the same thing done by trump (which proved to be a farce).

If someone commits a crime the are guilty of doing that. No amount of jail time doesn’t make them not a criminal. Hunter Biden’s laptop has plenty of info on it showing evidence crimes were committed or strengthening other instances of crimes by those in the Biden family. It doesn’t make it not true just because you refuse to believe it

In the words of Joe Biden, “come on man!”

• Downvote 1

Who’s “you guys?” Are you claiming all republicans said it’s a fraud? Or are you taking something out of context and trying to apply it to everyone you disagree with?

Also, stick to the topic at hand. It strengthens your case if you are able to discuss the topic at hand and refute it and not try to bring in other things that have nothing to do with what you are trying to talk about in an effort to make your point. That’s debate logic (science) for you. Not emotion

4 hours ago, SurelySerious said:

His answer was provided anecdotally after he criticized someone of the same, quit being dramatic one of science and facts. Maybe he should have provided a controlled experiment where this one spreads differently amongst humans with masks than without instead of being so self assuredly arrogant about his knowledge. 

Interesting definition of anecdotal, I think a more fair criticism would have been if I said I don't need to post anything to know masks work. I also said it was the research that said so in the post before the one you replied to. After all, I was criticizing where he said he "needs no source". I do need sources to know they work, and am open to research that says otherwise to be clear. In fact, the first randomized control trial for mask usage is due to be published soon in Denmark with 6000 participants, if that research says they don't work I'll come on here and say I was wrong about masks. The only reason I didn't post anything was because it seems he's made up his mind no matter what research says. My personal experience/thoughts on the issue are meaningless to the science. But since you're accusing me of being hypocritical here's some research:

Challenging humans with COVID with or without masks is something only Nazi Germany would experiment, but they've done so on animals and shown they work.

https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciaa644/5848814

Here is an observational case with no known confirmed cases out of 140 with mask usage in a hair salon.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6928e2.htm?s_cid=mm6928e2_w

At a larger policy scale, here is a natural experiment that controlled for other factors such as social distancing to try to isolate the effect of mask usage.

https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/10.1377/hlthaff.2020.00818

Edited by DosXX
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Guardian said:

I know someone is going to make fun of Rudy but he has a point regardless of what you think about him.

“Biden crime family” isn’t incorrect based on what has come out

Good chance a crime family will be running the country.

https://www.newsguardtech.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/oann.pdf

The quoted is a good example of when you can ignore something based on the source.  Not credible or reliable.  Incredibly biased and pushing an agenda.  

Edit to add: Oh yeah, also a fair bet that if Rudy is the source you are probably safe to completely ignore it.  What happened to that guy...?  He was the freakin' man in NYC after 9/11.  Guess the stress got to him because he is definitely not credible anymore.

Edited by slackline

1 hour ago, Guardian said:

The postal worker wasn’t recanted. He was bullied by a federal agent and then someone said he reacted which he immediately came out and said he didn’t recant.

How does pay for play not equate to being a criminal. In Joe Biden’s own words he did that. And then dems later complained for what they claimed was the same thing done by trump (which proved to be a farce).

If someone commits a crime the are guilty of doing that. No amount of jail time doesn’t make them not a criminal. Hunter Biden’s laptop has plenty of info on it showing evidence crimes were committed or strengthening other instances of crimes by those in the Biden family. It doesn’t make it not true just because you refuse to believe it

In the words of Joe Biden, “come on man!”

By “bullied by a federal agent” you mean being reminded that making a false official statement and lying to a federal law enforcement officers are federal crimes? Sure. Do you know that happened for a fact? Of course not, you operate on hearsay. To be considered a criminal one would’ve had to have been charged, convicted by a jury or judge, or plead guilty/Alford plea. Has Biden done any of that? Of course not.

To say someone is guilty before being afforded Due Process goes against the Constitution and the judicial process of this nation. But it fits your narrative right? Is Hunter Biden’s laptop the new Hillary’s emails narrative?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, torqued said:

No, I am saying in this particular instance, political bias is clearly evident in the authors' attempt to make the case that a vote means more if its near higher economic activity.

"Democrats represent voters who overwhelmingly reside in the nation’s diverse economic centers, and thus tend to prioritize housing affordability, an improved social safety net, transportation infrastructure, and racial justice. Jobs in blue America also disproportionately rely on national R&D investment, technology leadership, and services exports."

"By contrast, Republicans represent an economic base situated in the nation’s struggling small towns and rural areas. Prosperity there remains out of reach for many, and the party sees no reason to consider the priorities and needs of the nation’s metropolitan centers. That is not a scenario for economic consensus or achievement. Specifically, Trump’s anti-establishment appeal suggests that a sizable portion of the country continues to feel little connection to the nation’s core economic enterprises, and chose to channel that animosity into a candidate who promised not to build up all parts of the country, but rather to vilify groups who didn’t resemble his base."

What locations have problems with housing affordability, homelessness, infrastructure, and racial justice? The same ones the authors are praising for voting blue. What bullshit.

Saying a city has more violence, crime, homelessness and racial injustice because it is democratically led is a false correlation.  Simply not accurate, but it's easy to draw that false correlation because most people won't look beyond the surface. From the article:

"Is it reasonable to connect the violence and partisanship?

In short, no.

“I don’t think there’s any data that would allow us to draw a causal conclusion here,” said David Weisburd, executive director of the Center for Evidence Based Crime Policy at George Mason University. “Somehow arguing that Democrats cause crime or something of that sort just doesn’t fit the history of crime prevention in the U.S.” 

If you interpret the claim as referring to Democratic leadership, Weisburd notes that President Bill Clinton had one of the strongest recent administrations in terms of funding the criminal justice system.

But more broadly, linking crime and votes simply doesn’t reflect how crime works. Studies have repeatedly found that urban crime is not a widespread phenomenon — like voting is — but a product of small groups of people in small areas."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/06/24/fact-check-linking-city-violence-democratic-politics-reach/3248102001/ 

Isn't it more likely that urban areas have more of these problems because they have more people?  Every single one of these problems could be due to that fact alone.

Saying a city has more violence, crime, homelessness and racial injustice because it is democratically led is a false correlation.  Simply not accurate, but it's easy to draw that false correlation because most people won't look beyond the surface. From the article:

In short, no.

“I don’t think there’s any data that would allow us to draw a causal conclusion here,” said David Weisburd, executive director of the Center for Evidence Based Crime Policy at George Mason University. “Somehow arguing that Democrats cause crime or something of that sort just doesn’t fit the history of crime prevention in the U.S.” 

If you interpret the claim as referring to Democratic leadership, Weisburd notes that President Bill Clinton had one of the strongest recent administrations in terms of funding the criminal justice system.

But more broadly, linking crime and votes simply doesn’t reflect how crime works. Studies have repeatedly found that urban crime is not a widespread phenomenon — like voting is — but a product of small groups of people in small areas."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/06/24/fact-check-linking-city-violence-democratic-politics-reach/3248102001/ 

Isn't it more likely that urban areas have more of these problems because they have more people?  Every single one of these problems could be due to that fact alone.

So a place that is governed by ideals leaning more towards one set of ideals doesn’t have results that relate directly back to those ideals?

So if a terrible set of parents raises terrible kids, it’s not their fault and doesn’t have any correlations?

I’m just having a tough time following your argument.

And at the end you ask if it could be due to something else. Doesn’t you asking the question mean that you don’t know the answer and in fact it could be what you claim it isn’t if you don’t know the answer?

Honestly, I can't understand why any side wouldn't want to ensure the election was as fair as possible!

Biden is missing out on a perfect opportunity to demonstrate his integrity by joining the call to look at possible irregularities in the voting.   

I don't know if anyone else is followed this, but last month the SSC Tuatara hypercar set a new Guinness world-record speed of 316.11 mph, making it the fastest production car in the world.  However, several individuals noted discrepancies in the online video of the run...

And this is how the owner of SSC--Jarod Shelby (no relation to Carroll Shelby)--responded...

This, gentlemen, is how you handle controversy! 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, slackline said:

In short, no.

Can you quote where I mentioned anything about crime and violence?

You're fabricating a position, attributing it to me, and creating an argument against it just so you can feel like you won a debate.

Retarded.

6 minutes ago, M2 said:

Honestly, I can't understand why any side wouldn't want to ensure the election was as fair as possible!

Biden is missing out on a perfect opportunity to demonstrate his integrity by joining the call to look at possible irregularities in the voting.   

I don't know if anyone else is followed this, but last month the SSC Tuatara hypercar set a new Guinness world-record speed of 316.11 mph, making it the fastest production car in the world.  However, several individuals noted discrepancies in the online video of the run, so this is how the owner of SSC--Jarod Shelby (no relation to Carroll Shelby)--responded...

He is talking about cars. We are talking about in entire country's election process which doesn't need to be analyzed. Apples to oranges. /s

1 minute ago, Guardian said:

So a place that is governed by ideals leaning more towards one set of ideals doesn’t have results that relate directly back to those ideals?

So if a terrible set of parents raises terrible kids, it’s not their fault and doesn’t have any correlations?

I’m just having a tough time following your argument.

Apples to Oranges comparison.  The effect of a parent far outreaches the effect of say, a mayor or city council, on a population.  100% disingenuous way to ignore the point that is being made in my post.  My point is that this is a way to complex thing to simply say democrats run things, that's why they're jacked up.  There are plenty of instances where there was/is a Republican person in charge in some urban area, and things didn't magically get better.  It's easier for the right to say, "oh look, Democrats are in control of that area, and they have problems."  It's not that simple.  

5 minutes ago, M2 said:

I don't know if anyone else is followed this, but last month the SSC Tuatara hypercar set a new Guinness world-record speed of 316.11 mph, making it the fastest production car in the world.  However, several individuals noted discrepancies in the online video of the run, so this is how the owner of SSC--Jarod Shelby (no relation to Carroll Shelby)--responded...

Agreed.  Isn't that what Biden is doing?  Has he once said to stop counting?  Honest question.  I don't think there's anything wrong with him proceeding as if he won while this plays out in the courts.  I don't think you can equate him saying "Trump isn't doing his legacy any favors" to "I won, stop counting, it's over."

Also, that car is uhhhmazing!  Saw that when it came out, super cool!

6 minutes ago, Seadogs said:

He is talking about cars. We are talking about in entire country's election process which doesn't need to be analyzed. Apples to oranges. /s

Dude, he's backing you.  You missed his point entirely...

ETA: I didn't know what /s meant.  Seadogs was entirely on top of it!  mea culpa

Edited by slackline

5 minutes ago, torqued said:

Can you quote where I mentioned anything about crime and violence?

You're fabricating a position, attributing it to me, and creating an argument against it just so you can feel like you won a debate.

Retarded.

You're right.  My bad.  I read the homelessness, racial injustice, etc. and my brain automatically included crime and violence because that mantra comes from the right so often.  My point stands even about homelessness and your other points.  

My apologies for falsely attributing the crime and violence thing to you.  Relax...  I am posting nothing to "feel" like I won a debate.  This is the internet.  That aint happening...

3 minutes ago, Seadogs said:

Do you know what the symbol /s stands for? 

Haha, no I didn't.  My bad.Thanks for pointing it out.  

ETA: went back in and clarified that I am an internet newb I guess.

Edited by slackline
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Seadogs said:

Did his competitor spend months laying the seeds of doubt about the upcoming test so that they could, on test day, cry that the test was fouled up?

If similar irregularities occurred in 2016 are you saying that we should have re-run that election too?  Or is 2020 the first time we've ever had vote irregularities?

How far are you willing to go to see Trump installed as President on January 20th?

Jeez I really wish some Air Force general would get courtmartialed so we can finally argue about something worthwhile.....

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2020/11/10/fired-two-star-research-lab-commander-charged-with-sexual-assault/

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, M2 said:

Agreed, and I think most people want that. Video was great, and a calm and rational look at the voting process through the court system should absolutely be welcomed, but that's not what we're getting.The president is not only using the court system to handle claims of irregularities, he is going on Twitter and claiming with certainty that fraud has happened in the hundreds of thousands. I will agree Biden should absolutely welcome all legitimate legal challenges to exemplify integrity, but will you also agree that the president needs to stop actively undermining the democratic process by convincing millions the election will never be valid by saying things like this? 

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/a-careful-voter-fraud-review/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

A great article on the current state of fraud from a leading conservative publisher (unless you think OAN is the only valid disseminator of conservative thought left) which also addresses the 254 pages of affidavits. 

Edited by DosXX
Added tweet

11 minutes ago, DosXX said:

Agreed, and I think most people want that. Video was great, and a calm and rational look at the voting process through the court system should absolutely be welcomed, but that's not what we're getting.The president is not only using the court system to handle claims of irregularities, he is going on Twitter and claiming with certainty that fraud has happened in the hundreds of thousands. I will agree Biden should absolutely welcome all legitimate legal challenges to exemplify integrity, but will you also agree that the president needs to stop actively undermining the democratic process by convincing millions the election will never be valid by saying things like this? 

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/a-careful-voter-fraud-review/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

A great article on the current state of fraud from a leading conservative publisher (unless you think OAN is the only valid disseminator of conservative thought left) which also addresses the 254 pages of affidavits. 

Why can't he say that?

18 minutes ago, Homestar said:

Did his competitor spend months laying the seeds of doubt about the upcoming test so that they could, on test day, cry that the test was fouled up?

If similar irregularities occurred in 2016 are you saying that we should have re-run that election too?  Or is 2020 the first time we've ever had vote irregularities?

How far are you willing to go to see Trump installed as President on January 20th?

Jeez I really wish some Air Force general would get courtmartialed so we can finally argue about something worthwhile.....

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2020/11/10/fired-two-star-research-lab-commander-charged-with-sexual-assault/

Biden and the legacy trash media did. Saying Trump will steal the election.

No irregularities in 2016 for Clinton to go to the courts with.

You are only seeking and hearing what you want to see and hear. I can't help you with that bud. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1