C-145A Combat Coyote/6 SOS Info

scudrunner12

Wanted to start a thread to get some general information on the C-145. Just looking for the standard stuff about training pipeline, rotation schedule (dwell time), lifestyle, upgrade timelines, etc. Is the squadron mainly still guys that did the FID/rotary mission or is it becoming a sampling of other AFSOC platforms (& UPT studs)?

If some of my AFSOC bubbas have info on this, I'd be thankful. AFSOC granted me the opportunity to acquire 1200 combat hours and a long tour (in a fu€?ing tent); I'm well aware of what NSAv entails. Looking for slightly more applicable insight.

I was clearly joking, lighten up francis.

• 2 years later...

The 6th was doing hiring tours around all the UPT bases within the past year or so...they said they are mostly interested in guys with IP/EP time, but that wasn't a deal breaker. A buddy of mine just got picked up following an IP gig at CBM with them.  If you want PM me your .mil and I'll get you in contact with him

Edited by hispeed7721

• 1 month later...

Current plan is to keep the C-145's for mobility training and then to obtain some C-208's for ISR/Strike training and possibly a tailwheel aircraft in the future and never go back to rotary wing aircraft.  

• 3 months later...

Getting ready to retire and have been looking online for my next job. Saw this ad for UH-1N Operations and maintenance support in Crestview. I know Eglin had some UH-1Ns when I there. But that was range support. The S3 company is looking for Pilots and Mechanics. Is the Air Force moving the UH-1Ns from Kirtland to Duke?

https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=S3INC&cws=1&rid=2195

9 hours ago, nunya said:

I can't help you whatsoever with your question, but that job posting makes me laugh.  So basically they only want dudes that retired from the 6th?  Not even just separated - young dudes need not apply.

Ya, they already know who they're going to hire...

10 hours ago, MC5Wes said:

Getting ready to retire and have been looking online for my next job. Saw this ad for UH-1N Operations and maintenance support in Crestview. I know Eglin had some UH-1Ns when I there. But that was range support. The S3 company is looking for Pilots and Mechanics. Is the Air Force moving the UH-1Ns from Kirtland to Duke?

https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=S3INC&cws=1&rid=2195

The UH-1Ns were moved from Eglin to Duke a few years ago, same mission with some test thrown in.  At one time CRH was going to do DT out of Duke, not sure if that is still the plan.