Worst/Funniest/Most Embarassing Tattoos

Guest Brodini

I noticed it's been corrected. Eric at Progressive Specialties is a pretty good dude, and I wonder how this got past him as he's usually good at catching mistakes like that. His son was on this forum for a while, then went to UPT a few years back; I can't recall what he's flying these days...

Cheers! M2

I noticed it's been corrected. Eric at Progressive Specialties is a pretty good dude, and I wonder how this got past him as he's usually good at catching mistakes like that. His son was on this forum for a while, then went to UPT a few years back; I can't recall what he's flying these days...

Cheers! M2

Might want to tell Eric to check his other banners...

ProgSpec%20logo4.jpg

Not huge, but still a Dicscount!

• 1 year later...

Thread revival for Worst. Tattoo. Ever.

Probably not the best way to capture for posterity your newborn's grasp of your thumb....

gallery_6947_69_10824.jpg

EDIT: Because I still can't figure out how to attach in the new format.... :pissed:

Edited by Jughead

That's pretty terrible... I was back and forth between my class crest across my back, or something with the code of conduct / airman's creed / AF symbol / out of the airman's manual... Something that says this airman is tough, yet professional.

In all seriousness there is a lot of cool shit out there - I like the old fighters etc... I've been debating getting some WWII nose art on an arm - any ideas where I can find some historical examples? It's a shame we don't have it anymore. It's a nearly free way to raise esprit de corps... I think the CAF crew chiefs would be all about it too.

The coolest tattoos I've seen in person have been on girls. One had the Dali elephants walking across her back and one had the where the wild things are creatures on her arm. Definitely chick stuff, but original.

That's pretty terrible... I was back and forth between my class crest across my back, or something with the code of conduct / airman's creed / AF symbol / out of the airman's manual... Something that says this airman is tough, yet professional.

In all seriousness there is a lot of cool shit out there - I like the old fighters etc... I've been debating getting some WWII nose art on an arm - any ideas where I can find some historical examples? It's a shame we don't have it anymore. It's a nearly free way to raise esprit de corps... I think the CAF crew chiefs would be all about it too.

The coolest tattoos I've seen in person have been on girls. One had the Dali elephants walking across her back and one had the where the wild things are creatures on her arm. Definitely chick stuff, but original.

Nothing says tough but professional like a tattoo. This nation is chock full of people who are tough but professional.

You laugh, but I know a loadmaster who has the Airman's Creed in Kryptonian (Superman's native tongue) on his back. Words can not describe the awesomeness.

You laugh, but I know a loadmaster who has the Airman's Creed in Kryptonian (Superman's native tongue) on his back. Words can not describe the awesomeness.

Jesus, I hope you're joking...

Saw a kid at water survival, some enlisted back-ender geek, that had a huge glider silhouette tattoo across his entire back. Apparently he flew them in high school or something; looked like the gliders from the zoo.

What an asshole.

• Upvote 2

If you've made it to this point in life without having any tattoos, you owe yourself a pat on the back. If, however, you're not so lucky, don't bother trying to convince anyone else of your tattoo's special significance (kids names, family "crests", AF insignia, barbed wire, or whatever tribal BS you picked out for your bicep)...that's what photographs & memories are for, FYI. Like it or not, there is a large segment of the population that simply dismiss your tattoo as an indicator of lacking judgement, regardless of the sincere thought & significance you've placed on it - right or wrong, that's a fact. And those people, by the way, are your present/future employers, spouses, kids, in-laws, etc...essentially the people who's opinion of you matters most.

In today's world, having no tattoos is the new version of having a tattoo. It's a good thing mullets & parachute pants weren't permanent...I'm sure as hell glad the expressions of individualism I made 20 years ago aren't looking me in the mirror every morning.

Well said.

It is never ok to post man-ass.

I hope the guy who only got 8 toes paid less.

SCRIMP, I agree that your point is valid but posting man ass is a foul.