Latest Movies

B*D*A

Finally went and saw "127 Hours" tonight. Go see this movie.

If I hear someone say they can't do 2 more pushups, or run 15 seconds faster, I will remind them of a dude that drank his own piss and cut his arm off with a dull knife, then repelled down a cliff and hiked to safety.

The brain is a hell of a drug.

Just in case anyone wasn't aware of it, the recently awarded Medal of Honor (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/14/living-soldier-awarded-militarys-highest-honor/) came from Battle Company on that deployment. I hadn't connected the dots until watching it on NatGeo tonight, thought I'd share the knowledge..

I think it's in the books thread but, the full story of the firefight and what Giunta did is included in Junger's, WAR. Really good read.

Finally went and saw "127 Hours" tonight. Go see this movie.

If I hear someone say they can't do 2 more pushups, or run 15 seconds faster, I will remind them of a dude that drank his own piss and cut his arm off with a dull knife, then repelled down a cliff and hiked to safety.

The brain is a hell of a drug.

2. Saw this movie yesterday. It's not only good, but has a cool style about it. Cool camera angles, interesting flashback scenes; makes you feel like you're going crazy with him. I thought it would be like Castaway or something, but I really can't think of a movie like it. Just a well done movie, worth the buzz around it.

Has anyone seen 'The Fighter'? I'm on snow day #3, and going to the movies is a sweet alternative to reruns of Tyler Perry's House and the Nth Sports Center of the day.

2. Saw this movie yesterday. It's not only good, but has a cool style about it. Cool camera angles, interesting flashback scenes; makes you feel like you're going crazy with him. I thought it would be like Castaway or something, but I really can't think of a movie like it. Just a well done movie, worth the buzz around it.

Has anyone seen 'The Fighter'? I'm on snow day #3, and going to the movies is a sweet alternative to reruns of Tyler Perry's House and the Nth Sports Center of the day.

I liked The Fighter. You know how it's going to wind up the entire time but it doesn't disappoint. Good acting all around.

Saw a few good ones lately. The Fighter was excellent, highly recommend, especially if you have fond memories of '90s fashion.

See above. Really liked it, hope it wins best picture.

• 4 weeks later...

"The King's Speech"

Very good flick.

No skin, no explosions, no cool gadgets. Some very good writing and performances.

Wife drug me to a movie/dinner date last night--yea, yea, I know--but we've been married over 20yrs so it works. Great film and the cussing scene had the entire theater convulsing, and me with a case of explosive popcorn spewing...little round balls of butter covered 23MM streaming across the theater. Recommend the flick..not the popcorn.

OL Patch

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just saw Atlas Shrugged last night. It didn't have the most impressive acting I've ever witnessed, but the message was legit. If you like Ayn Rand, liberty, an industrious economy, and you value intellectual property rights, you'll probably enjoy the flick. If you love Karl Marx, Friedrich Engels, and John Maynard Keynes, then you probably won't be too happy with the movie.

Edited by Royal

Saw "Source Code", it was ok (predictable and the scientific premise was only partly plausible, until the end)... however the irony of an AF program (At Nellis) that hacks into a officer's brain to use them as a tool (against their will) was not lost on me.

Perhaps "irony" is not the right word.

Saw "Source Code", it was ok (predictable and the scientific premise was only partly plausible, until the end)... however the irony of an AF program (At Nellis) that hacks into a officer's brain to use them as a tool (against their will) was not lost on me.

Perhaps "irony" is not the right word.

I thought the program that hacked into officer's brains and uses them as tools was based at Maxwell.

I thought the program that hacked into officer's brains and uses them as tools was based at Maxwell.

Zing!

Edit: Last two movies I saw were Hanna and Insidious. I thought Hanna was pretty good, lots of action and a decent soundtrack (lots of bass and pumping electronic). The first half of Insidious was really good, but the end was just too -way the hell out there- to be taken even semi-seriously and this hurt the scare factor.

Edited by B*D*A

• 4 weeks later...

If you like the Marvel comic's then you would like "Thor". Just make sure you stay through the entire end of the credits b/c there is a sneak peak to the upcoming movie "The Avengers".