Gun Talk

VL-16

OK, I need nine more people with $200 each who want two hex-receiver Mosin-Nagants in excellent shape...

http://www.impactguns.com/store/PWA-M9130CRATE.html

I'll have them delivered here and will then have them shipped out to your FFL after they arrive.

Anyone interested? That amounts to $100 per 91/30 in excellent+ conditions and with all the accessories. You can't beat that deal!

Cheers! M2

p.s. Pitt, I got the same email about the KVAR sale...it's very tempting!

p.p.s. T-bonez is right about the CZ 75, it is an excellent pistol and what US forces should be carrying instead of the POS Baretta 92F/M9 (if we couldn't carry a .45).

OK, I need nine more people with $200 each who want two hex-receiver Mosin-Nagants in excellent shape...

I'll have them delivered here and will then have them shipped out to your FFL after they arrive.

Anyone interested? That amounts to $100 per 91/30 in excellent+ conditions and with all the accessories. You can't beat that deal!

Cheers! M2

Man those look sweet! Sign me up for FOUR rifles. Guess that means we need 7 more people.

Cheers! M2

Sorry guys, these are now $2,399.99 per crate and currently out of stock... :banghead:

That's an oldie but a goodie, Vertigo; but it always makes me laugh! Anyone who's ever owned or even fired a MN will know how true that comparison is!

And the sickness continues, I purchased another Russian Mosin Nagant M44 (should be here in a week or so) and we are going to a local gun show this morning (my 12-yr-old son and I, a great father-son activity we share. We always hit IHOP first :rock:).

Cheers! M2

That's an oldie but a goodie, Vertigo; but it always makes me laugh! Anyone who's ever owned or even fired a MN will know how true that comparison is!

And the sickness continues, I purchased another Russian Mosin Nagant M44 (should be here in a week or so) and we are going to a local gun show this morning (my 12-yr-old son and I, a great father-son activity we share. We always hit IHOP first :rock:).

Cheers! M2

M2, time for a pic of your entire collection.

AIM Surplus has them for $89.95, but it isn't the same as having your choice from a crate of 20... :rock:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Russian_1891_30_Hex_7.62x54R_Mosin_Nagant_Rifle.html

Cheers! M2

Since you clearly have a problem I'm guessing you're the best person to get advice from. The Mosin seems like a fun gun but I admittedly don't know much about them. Any particular variants to look for or that a better than others? Currently my only guns are a Glock 21 and WASR-10 and I'm starting to look at some older guns now.

Since you clearly have a problem I'm guessing you're the best person to get advice from. The Mosin seems like a fun gun but I admittedly don't know much about them. Any particular variants to look for or that a better than others? Currently my only guns are a Glock 21 and WASR-10 and I'm starting to look at some older guns now.

Wiki has the best overview...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosin_Nagant

And everything else you need to know can be found here...

http://7.62x54r.net

http://www.mosinnagant.net/

But in a nutshell, the 91/30 Izhevsk (Triangle with an arrow in it) is the more common than the Tula (star with arrow), round receiver covers are more common than hex ones; the M44s and M38s are carbine-sized versions, the former having a side-folding bayonet and are easier to find. You want to find matching numbers on the bolt, butt plate and floor plate (bottom of the permanently-attached magazine); and you want a shiny bore with good rifling. I stay away from rifles that have been counterbored, you can tell by dropping a 7.62x54R round down the end of the barrel. On non-counterbored rifles, the very end of the bullet (where it meets the casing) will be visible; in counterbored rifles it will drop down to the neck of the casing. I saw a nice M38 today but it swallowed half the bullet!

Lastly, you can find better prices online than at gun shows. I found a hexed 91/30 at this morning's show for $150 out the door, AIM Surplus has them for $89.95. Even with shipping it is 1/3 cheaper...

I think that covers it; if not someone let me know what I missed!

Oh, and this is why you want one!

Fucking huge fireballs! :rock::rock::rock:

Cheers! M2

Edited by M2

Yeah, unfortunately I spend all my money on guns and ammo, and can't afford that fancy-smancy extended cable!

But I do see segments of it on The Soup, like last week where the guy wanting an assault rifle worked at the post office! :violent-smiley-017:

Well M2, I'm about to get home from the Deid once again, which means it's gun buying time... and I think it's time to heed your advice that every American male should own a 1911.

You haven't steered me wrong yet in the gun department, so I'll ask for help once again. Being that I have no advanced knowledge about them whatsoever, what should a first time buyer be looking for? I am slightly leaning towards Springfield's EMP, but I know you are wary of compact 1911s, plus I might as well go all out if I am going to get one.

I'll be combing back through your previous posts on the topic, but what other words of wisdom would you offer?

Well M2, I'm about to get home from the Deid once again, which means it's gun buying time... and I think it's time to heed your advice that every American male should own a 1911.

You haven't steered me wrong yet in the gun department, so I'll ask for help once again. Being that I have no advanced knowledge about them whatsoever, what should a first time buyer be looking for? I am slightly leaning towards Springfield's EMP, but I know you are wary of compact 1911s, plus I might as well go all out if I am going to get one.

I'll be combing back through your previous posts on the topic, but what other words of wisdom would you offer?

Just one last piece of advice, buy the best 1911 you can afford!

Then buy another one! The only thing better than one 1911 is two (or more)!

And welcome back!

Cheers! M2

Well, I just ordered one from AIM Surplus...

mosin9130hex.jpg

I was able to email them a copy of my FFL and CHL, so I could order online. It was easy and only $105 shipped...

I also have the other M44 I ordered inbound. I shot 30 rounds the 91/30 and M44 I have last Sunday and my shoulder still hurts! The carbine kicks a helluva lot worse that the rifle, but it was a blast to shoot! :rock:

I sprayed Windex down both and snaked 'em afterward, then ran some Hoppe's through 'em. They are still both nice and shiny!

But I am bummed, I saw a 1932 Tula Mosin-Nagant at a local shop a few weeks back, but hesitated grabbing it. I went by there again today and it was gone... :bash:

Cheers! M2

So i've been in the market for a compact 9mm pistol, and in the running is the Glock19. On Glock's site, it has the following paragraph about the pistol:

The GLOCK 19 is ideal for versatile use through reduced dimensions compared with the standard pistol size. With the proven caliber of 9x19, it has found worldwide distribution in security services. In addition to being used as a conventional service weapon, it is suitable for concealed carry or as a backup weapon. For instance, many of the elite pilots of the USAF trust the GLOCK 19 for their efficient defense in emergency situations.

This paragraph is complete with a picture of the pistol and F-16s in the background. I'm not sure about other airframes, but everything I've come across both stateside and especially in the AOR forbids personal weapons on the job, and I've never heard of the G19 being issued to anyone.

Anyone got any further details, or is this just blatant BS on Glock's part?