Mustache

Guest JArcher00

Guest JArcher00

Not being an A$$, but what is with the fighter guys looking like child molesters when they get deployed? Just curious with the background of growing a mustache and looking like you want to touch little kids. I am joking about most of this but curious on the history and it would be a little strange to actually ask someone why they look like that.

[ 22. May 2006, 04:04: Message edited by: RedDog ]

McPeak liked the V neck so much back in '68, he decided to impose it on everyone.

He's thnking to himself "Gosh, I wish these flight suits had epaulets...and sewn in creases, yeah! Maybe some zippers on the sides so I can put my hands somewhere else other than behind my back..."

Guest C-21 Pilot

It also seems like EVERY CSAF is making new "innovative" changes to the uniform...

Imagine if ol' Doc would have...never mind, don't.

Guest mghodgson
Originally posted by HerkDerka:

Come on Red, the stache is deployment boldface for Herk drivers.

HD

I believe the proper name for this Herk deployment phenomenon is the "molestache"

Guest Hydro130
Originally posted by TacAirDrvr:

What herk guy doesn't participate in the deployment stash??

Me.

It's not pretty. I'm far better off shaving, no question...

Oh well...

Hydro

• 2 years later...

I once read a story where a fighter dude shaved his 'stache to go chase some stewardess tail while on R & R in Bangkok. Upon his return, he got his unshaven ass shot down. After his rescue, he was ordered to never shave his upper lip again. Anyone have that reference?

I once read a story where a fighter dude shaved his 'stache to go chase some stewardess tail while on R & R in Bangkok. Upon his return, he got his unshaven ass shot down. After his rescue, he was ordered to never shave his upper lip again. Anyone have that reference?

Concur with "When Thunder Rolled". I thought someone had uploaded that chapter in a thread a while back, but I can't seem to find it now. If you'd like I can scan it and email it to you. Or you could just buy the book and read it yourself. There's plenty of other good stories in it too.

It's kind of like sticking it (sts) to the man... Even if you are the man and you're sticking it (sts) to yourself. Seriously though, I grow it because my wife hates me having one back home. It's the only time I can grow the old stache without someone asking me everyday me to shave. It's quite the opposite raction out here. I'm told to keep growing it and that it is a solid look! Nothing like peer pressure from co-workers.

Guest Hueypilot812

CAFTT traditionally has a mustache March competition with the Iraqis...should be interesting this year. Last year, some dude painted his 'stache black, but the Sq/CC won because he paid off the Iraqi base CC (who was the judge).

I believe it was Robin Olds who started the tradition, or at least he made it more popular. He grew an out of regs handlebar mustache that caused his men to love him even more. I highly recommend reading about him, he's an interesting guy.

post-6245-1235477224_thumb.jpg

I'm told to keep growing it and that it is a solid look!

And you believe them! That's like when chicks tell their fat chick friends that they don't look fat! I say keep growing it for sure, but I would never believe a buddy when he tells me that my stache is a 'solid look'.

CAFTT traditionally has a mustache March competition with the Iraqis...should be interesting this year. Last year, some dude painted his 'stache black, but the Sq/CC won because he paid off the Iraqi base CC (who was the judge).

So you're going to get your Iraqis to all shave their mustache on Feb 28th so they can truly be part of the Mustache March competition? Good luck! Other than one or two of our younger pilots, I've never seen my Iraqi pilots without a stache!

Q: Do you know who Maj Mohamed is?

A: Yeah, he's that Iraqi pilot with the dark hair and a mustache right? Oh, and he wears those random patches on his flight suit?--yeah, I know him. LOL

Dupe, you are a retard. That is, as others have mentioned, that story is from When Thunder Rolled. I sent out a PDF of the story before we went downrange in '07.

You do remember that, right? Or have those TPS reports flushed all of that good fighter pilot sh*t out of your brain? heh heh

I will email it to your work address.

And you believe them! That's like when chicks tell their fat chick friends that they don't look fat! I say keep growing it for sure, but I would never believe a buddy when he tells me that my stache is a 'solid look'.

Hell no! I know I look like a pedaphile with a stache. Like a fat chick though, I need positive reaffirmation that it looks good. It's good for my esteem.