CV-22 Osprey info

Tex

The CV-22 community has neither the resources, the time, the inclination, or the demeanor to play stepping stone for you. Its a serious airplane flown by serious people. Go elsewhere.

Is there a silly airplane flown by silly people? That might fit the bill for some people better :D

• Upvote 1

The CV-22 community has neither the resources, the time, the inclination, or the demeanor to play stepping stone for you. Its a serious airplane flown by serious people. Go elsewhere.

It's still the plopter- and that's pretty effing silly.

You mean some of the pilots in the community take themselves too seriously while they try to justify the CV-22's existence in AFSOC? Catching a theme here? Someday they'll find it, but I think the Marines already found the only real use for it. Ring routes...

You mean some of the pilots in the community take themselves too seriously while they try to justify the CV-22's existence in AFSOC? Catching a theme here? Someday they'll find it, but I think the Marines already found the only real use for it. Ring routes...

The same could be said for the F-22 and the F-35, or the F-15C for that matter...

Your comment exposes your limited knowledge of the Osprey's capabilities and the missions that is has already performed... in combat.

Why would a single pilot within a community have the time or inclination to justify their airframe's existence? That's bean-counter stuff. Our job is operate a weapon system to meet the mission to the best of our ability.

Everybody has performed a mission here and there man. Problem with your other examples is that those airframes have a known mission. They may be in a "Break in case of WWIII" case for the moment, but air-air is a real deal. Claim my lack of understanding all you want. You have no idea what I do/don't understand, so be comfortable in your assumption. Sometimes the truth is just ugly and hard to hear. Every mission you have performed has been forced to "prove" the Osprey's caps.

Relax dude, I'm just busting your balls anyway. Who cares if the CV-22's best use is for air shows that nobody can participate in anymore? Now your like an F-15C. You're in a "Break in case of Funding" case for the moment.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, what an asshole.

Just dropped a cv-22! Super excited, are there any IPs or current pilots on here that could pm me and give me some additional info?

Hmmm...you must be a serious person.

• Upvote 1

Because you are too busy crashing them in the desert or the woods of Florida? Your community has some fantastic people, it also has a few real jackasses, just like everyone else. Get over yourself.

The same could be said for the F-22 and the F-35, or the F-15C for that matter...Your comment exposes your limited knowledge of the Osprey's capabilities and the missions that is has already performed... in combat

Your comment exposes your limited knowledge of history.

• 2 months later...

Bump. I heard talk about AFSOC having some kind of requirement to get ACs from other airframes. Anybody here know of AMC types getting transferred to the Osprey?

The gig seemed interesting to me back when I was in UPT and it still seems interesting to me now. Only like 50-70% of us get to stay in the C-17 beyond our first assignment, and I'm trying to see what all would be practical if/when I have to move on.

Bump. I heard talk about AFSOC having some kind of requirement to get ACs from other airframes. Anybody here know of AMC types getting transferred to the Osprey?

The gig seemed interesting to me back when I was in UPT and it still seems interesting to me now. Only like 50-70% of us get to stay in the C-17 beyond our first assignment, and I'm trying to see what all would be practical if/when I have to move on.

Short version -- Yes, guys have come from AMC. The community is still growing, so your timing would be pretty good.

I'm super, super cereal.

Just dropped a cv-22! Super excited, are there any IPs or current pilots on here that could pm me and give me some additional info?

Yea I fly it from time to time. PM or post questions here if you'd like.

For everything else on this discussion board, I think my colleague (b64) was a little peeved about the possibility of getting a guy who wasn't really dedicated to the aircraft/mission but rather wanted to (possibly) use it as a stepping stone. This may be a super-cereal view of that guy's post, but hey, perception can become reality.

I know first-hand that this aircraft/mission can consume your life. We constantly have to re-prove the unique capabilities of the airframe to folks even though the capes have been there for years, while still being able to fly the line. As far as I can tell, this is the most misunderstood, but yet, one of the most capable birds out there. I'd like to invite any of my AFSOC compadres to make some friends in the CV community and then come over and try the sim.

Anyways-- An airplane is an airplane. Each comes with their own challenges; this plane comes with stick, rudder, power and nacelle angle ones.

Edited by TheBlueMax

We constantly have to re-prove the unique capabilities of the airframe to folks even though the capes have been there for years, while still being able to fly the line. As far as I can tell, this is the most misunderstood, but yet, one of the most capable birds out there.

What does the average line guy have to 'prove' about the CV-22? And to who?...your buds in the other 130 squadron? Your job is to fly the line, learn the mission and the aircraft, take care of additional duties, etc. Let your upper level leadership take care of proving capabilities.

I'd like to invite any of my AFSOC compadres to make some friends in the CV community and then come over and try the sim.

Do you guys really have time to show off the sim, you know, with being so serious and busy and all?

I had a finely worded thesis on the community as whole in regards to AFSOC structure and its parent, USAF, prepared..... but seeing the closed eyes and covered ears of the audience... meh. I'll just go and fly.

I guess that ends my tri-annual 2 posts.

Bluemax, I got why he was pissed. I was making fun of the way he came across.

To be fair your aircraft has some awesome capes and a couple serious warts, like all aircraft. Some are already fixed as I learned last week, and some have proposed fixes years in the future and some are not fixable and require tactics workarounds. Then there's the training issues associated with manning, iron availability, standing up new squadrons, CAF integration, etc.

To be fair your aircraft has some awesome capes and a couple serious warts, like all aircraft. Some are already fixed as I learned last week, and some have proposed fixes years in the future and some are not fixable and require tactics workarounds. Then there's the training issues associated with manning, iron availability, standing up new squadrons, CAF integration, etc.

Yup.