F-16 Down in Yellow Sea during Korean Exercise

gearhog

The one time a poop suit doesn't suck is during an unexpected frigid night swimming session.  

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Do they (seat makers)  still give out a goody bag for punching out?  

On 12/10/2023 at 6:39 PM, gearhog said:

Thankfully, sounds like pilot was rescued via SAR. Glad to hear of a successful water rescue after a spate of bad news. 🍻

Did anyone ask if the pilot in the front seat saw what happened?  (D model 😃 in picture)

Edit: The only Viper USAF WSO punched out over the yellow sea for a fat chick. 

Edited by Biff_T
Made a nav joke

17 hours ago, Danger41 said:

I can't believe we've gone this far without someone rolling in with a "UPT 2.5, wings after T-6, back in my day" rant yet.

Back in the day when the joke was "How you get your own F-16?"... Buy an acre of land near _______ (fill in with nearest F-16 base) and wait.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TreeA10 said:

Back in the day when the joke was "How you get your own F-16?"... Buy an acre of land near _______ (fill in with nearest F-16 base) and wait.

I heard the same thing about 104’s in Germany.

16 hours ago, guineapigfury said:

My buddy punched out of the 38. Took him well over a year of back and forth with Bremont to get it ordered. It's a cool watch!

The Bremont MBI is a unique and bespoke watch available to Martin-Baker ejectees only and can be quickly identified by its red aluminium barrel. Every watch is engraved with a personal engraving of up to 10 digits consisting of their call sign, name, or date, and will feature the individual’s Martin-Baker Tie Club membership number.

One of the saddest accidents when stationed in Germany were four Italian F-104's crashing on departure out of Bitburg. 
Accident Lockheed F-104G Starfighter MM6575, (aviation-safety.net)

My dad stationed in Italy when the 104 was in wide service.

Using a lot of them in a Recce bird profile was probably not a big help for them. San Vito would get requests to assist every time they’d Lawn Dart one south of Naples and that was scarily often since most of them were in the norther half of a the boot. They’d put one in the dirt… dad would suddenly be gone a day and a half.

That plane was notorious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know it’s sacrilegious to say this as a Pilot, but I don’t really wear watches, or care about them..BUT, if I ever ejected, I’d wear this, Cool

IMG_0143.jpeg

• Like 1