To support or not…

Conservative Group Urges Senators to Vote ‘No’ on Gen. CQ Brown for Joint Chiefs Chairman

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/07/25/conservative-group-urges-senators-to-vote-no-on-gen-cq-brown-for-joint-chiefs-chairman/

From my knowledge of him prior to the last year or so, he (Brown) seemed fairly benign and reasonable but I despise anything woke so I have doubts now

What does this forum think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Downvote 1

I think it doesn't matter. There's not an Olds or a Schwarzkopf waiting in the wings to assume CJCS. Any candidate will have the same recent history as CQB, or they wouldn't be in the running.

See CNO.

24 minutes ago, SurelySerious said:

See CNO.

I like your idea, but he’s also the same guy that recommended How to be an anti racist and a couple other modern woke titles. He spun it as mental horizon-broadening, and maybe he meant that, but he still used his endorsement to appeal to or appease a woke crowd. They all play the games.

Edited by nunya

"Provide them the opportunity to reapply."

I'm sure their application with be fast-forwarded through AFPC and they will be welcomed back with open arms.  

I like your idea, but he’s also the same guy that recommended How to be an anti racist and a couple other modern woke titles. He spun it as mental horizon-broadening, and maybe he meant that, but he still used his endorsement to appeal to or appease a woke crowd. They all play the games.

Yeah, guess what I’m saying is agreeing that the nominating is being done along the lines of immutable characteristics. The recommendation for CNO from Austin was Paparo, and the decision was made by the office of the President for another candidate with seemingly no better qualifications than Paparo other than gender.

6 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

"Provide them the opportunity to reapply."

I'm sure their application with be fast-forwarded through AFPC and they will be welcomed back with open arms.  

Brown did say that he had application goals. As long as the applicants fall into one of the targeted percentage groups he specified in his memo, he could reinstate them with rank and back pay just as Sen Schmidt wanted. Everyone's happy, right?

Given the performance and focus of the current CJCS and SecDef, it shouldn't get any worse (but it still will!)... 

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Army Gen. Mark A. Milley Official Photo. (DOD Photo by Chief Petty Officer Carlos M. Vazquez II & Benjamin Applebaum)

Brown falls right in line with the "progressive" movement in the DoD, just as the CNO nomination and "Admiral" Levine...

Image for Admiral Rachel L. Levine, MD

Bottom line:  It doesn't matter what we think.

• Upvote 1

Every candidate at his level has and will push whatever flavor the current administration touts (right now: woke); so all else equal, I’d rather have a relatively apolitical and quiet Air Force fighter pilot at the helm that will advocate for air power than another indecisive and incompetent Mark Milley. 

• Like 1

Every candidate at his level has and will push whatever flavor the current administration touts (right now: woke); so all else equal, I’d rather have a relatively apolitical and quiet Air Force fighter pilot at the helm that will advocate for air power than another indecisive and incompetent Mark Milley. 

But if he sings the popular song even if he knows (I suspect) that it’s wrong then what does that say about him?
That he’s morally flexible or he’s a nihilist who is just trying for the next ring of the ladder?
At what point does a person who becomes a GO say this is enough and for that next star saying some bullshit is not worth it and I’ll just tell them no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

At what point does a person who becomes a GO say this is enough and for that next star saying some bullshit is not worth it and I’ll just tell them no?

The very few who are like that are quickly discovered and forced out or forced down a path of irrelevance where they can’t “do harm” to the agenda. A GO who doesn’t suck and stands up to the bullshit is not survivable in our bullshit system. 

• Upvote 4

How did the yes men get the numbers?   Could you imagine having to fight WW2 in today's awesome military?   Our leaders are pussies who care more about promotion and post military careers than their people and the mission.  Any shitty leaders reading this, grow a fucking spine.   I bet they all were mediocre pilots.   

• Upvote 3