New OPR Forms and Standards

New Guidance Memorandum for AFI 36-2406.  New AF 910, AF 911, and AF 707

(EPR and OPR forms).  All available at e-pubs (

http://www.e-publishing.af.mil ).

Highlights:

[...]

*(Add New) 1.8.2.1. All NCO and officer evaluators will assess their

ratee(s) on what the member did to ensure a healthy organizational climate.

[...]

*(Replace) 1.8.3. Equal Opportunity and Treatment (EOT). The expectation is

fair and equal treatment of all and enforcement of the same behavior in

subordinates. Evaluators must consider a member's commitment to EOT when

evaluating performance and making a promotion recommendation.

[...]

You've got to be kidding me! Is this the military or fucking Sesame Street? Equal Opportunity and Treatment? I thought the military was a meritocracy, not a play group. I didn't get to be a Thunderbird, that's not fair!

Edited by SuperWSO

The Air Force has never been a fair organization...and that is realized pretty early on, at least for the rated types. Does this mean that all the UPT studs get to take their checkrides only when the weather is clear and a million? I'm all for not tolerating harassment (and I'm not talking about the stupid wife in a bikini photo bullshit), but seriously, someone is going to have to explain to me what all this stuff means. How will this change anything from what we were doing this past year?

I can open xfld files on my mac. Soon after I discovered how, I stopped working on oprs from home. It turns out that they can wait.

But seriously, I just searched for "xfld mac" using my Google machine.

I can open xfld files on my mac. Soon after I discovered how, I stopped working on oprs from home. It turns out that they can wait.

But seriously, I just searched for "xfld mac" using my Google machine.

Yeah. I used google too...obviously. But when they went from Pure Edge viewer to IBM Lotus Formviewer, it no longer works on a MAC.

Edited by Shut up 'n color

Soon after I discovered how, I stopped working on oprs from home. It turns out that they can wait.

Truth...close your laptop and pick up your kid...the wood chipper will still be there on Monday...Monday afternoon even

There are people that have to do work from home in order to get out early enough to SEE their kids, then do a few things after they are put to bed.

Those people aren't doing it right.

Edit: and they are poorly led.

Edited by Learjetter
  • Upvote 1

New Guidance Memorandum for AFI 36-2406. New AF 910, AF 911, and AF 707

(EPR and OPR forms). All available at e-pubs (

http://www.e-publishing.af.mil ).

Highlights:

Ivan_Putin_ORojo.gif

The political officer approves the new policy of "commitment" to EOT...

The jobs program aspect of the AF is growing like cancer and getting to the point of overwhelming the actual military aspect of the organization.

Edited by Clark Griswold
  • Upvote 2

The form looks the exact same with the small addition of the climate verbiage. Not the ridiculous change I was expecting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly. Believe it or not fellas, the Army (of all services) is way ahead of us on this one. It's been on their forms for a while, and just like the AF version, is nothing more than window dressing... The appearance of action.

In reality, it means the square root of f*ck all on their forms and is never looked at or considered unless there is cause...

Don't lose sleep over it. This is how some people justify their existence/job/oxygen theft...

Notch and proceed as fragged.

Chuck

At least they didn't randomly change the size of the bullet lines like they did when they randomly dropped a new PRF form on everybody a couple of years back. Having said that, I guess it's not entirely unsurprising that given how much the Air Force preaches standardization, A1 can't seem to standardize the length of a bullet between various forms.

Those people aren't doing it right.

Edit: and they are poorly led.

I'll caveat this up front that I am in no way important...

There are only so many hours in a day/work week. I typically fly twice a week. There is mission planning that takes place before the sortie. We then brief, fly, and debrief. Then, I usually have a grade book write up and/or a Form 8 to complete. Along with my primary duty (see above), I probably have a few projects that I am working on at any given time, as well as keeping tabs on the projects the guys in my shop are working too. Plus, there is always an OPR or award package or two that need working, along with the multiple rounds of edits that of course have to be accomplished. Aside from that, it's the normal whack-a-mole stuff that comes up that serves only as chaff throughout the day. Not to mention I need to find time to work out because I don't have the natural physique of a marathoner. Somewhere in there I need to spend time with family and sleep. Thank goodness I've got AAD and PME banged out.

That's not to sport-bitch... Only to say there's shit to do. And if, on occasion, I need to do some work at home during the kiddo's nap time/after bed time as a relief valve to prevent stuff from piling up, well so be it. If things happen to be slow, I take advantage of it and GTFO.

I've actually got a pretty awesome CC. That doesn't mean there isn't still shit to do, though.

Edited by Champ Kind
  • Upvote 1