Air Force 2027: Fewer Pilots, More Drones, More Challenges

hobbitcid

We sent an idiot from my last base to Cannon. The guy was late rated, prior Missileer, refused to do SOS (correspondence) or get his Masters cause he just didn't give a shit. Skill wise he had probably the best flying ability, as an AC, than most IP/EP's. However he was a such an overall pain to deal with in our community they decided to get rid of him. He's the one who then made a post on BODN trying to "trade" his Pred assignment with someone on here, then was laughed at. Thankfully the RIF board did their job on that one and got rid of him. He's somewhere in the Pacific Northwest smoking weed.

Sounds like he ended up winning.

• Upvote 7

• 4 weeks later...

In case you were as bored as I was waiting to find out if I have a job next year... another pilot replacement aircraft.

airmule.jpg

The AirMule, an unmanned VTOL... has successfully completed a major milestone in preparation for full mission demonstrations scheduled for next year. The aircraft has completed several fully automatic test flights in which it carried out take-offs, flights to and from a specified location and landing back at its point of origination.

The 1-ton vehicle is unique from all existing vertical take-off and landing aircraft in that it has no exposed rotors. This allows the aircraft to fly in air space that is off limits for any other aircraft.

http://www.tactical-robotics.com/category/2013

WN_July1A-T2%281%29.jpg