Red Dawn! The Russians Are Coming! Red Flag 13-1

I think I got some gas from a black tanker today...he didn't ask for my tail number, he told me my tail number. It's like he just knew...or read it right off the fucking jet, either way. That boomer deserves a bronze star, stat.

Disapproved. They were an hour late. My "fight tank fight" turned into a "fight and wonder where the hell the tanker is, then RTB min fuel." WTFO. Thanks for not letting ANYONE know you were going to be an hour late to the ARCT.

Disapproved. They were an hour late. My "fight tank fight" turned into a "fight and wonder where the hell the tanker is, then RTB min fuel." WTFO. Thanks for not letting ANYONE know you were going to be an hour late to the ARCT.

So instead of a fight tank fight, it was a fight wait Bingo? Isn't that a normal sortie in the lawn dart?

• Upvote 1

So instead of a fight tank fight, it was a fight wait Bingo? Isn't that a normal sortie in the lawn dart?

1. Quiet please, adults are talking.

2. I get *maybe* one fight-tank-fight every 6 to 9 months. It's something pilots look forward to. When it doesn't happen, that makes me a sad panda.

Edited by Ram

I think I got some gas from a black tanker today...he didn't ask for my tail number, he told me my tail number. It's like he just knew...or read it right off the ######ing jet, either way. That boomer deserves a bronze star, stat.

Didn't you know? There is only one black tanker, and Chuck Norris is the only black tanker boomer. You don't tell Chuck Norris your tail number, he tells you whatever number he feels like your jet should be. When you land, the jet is immediately sent to the paint shop so your new tail number is what Chuck says it should be.

And there is no such thing as tanker or fighter rejoin. He's EVERYWHERE, when he wants to be, where he wants to be, and pre-contact on YOU whenever he damn feels like you need more gas.

Don't get me started on EMCON. You don't talk to Chuck. EVER.

• Upvote 2

True, but I don't blame the lateness on the boomer...had to be those slack ass pilots making hot pockets. I mean the guy no shit read my tail number off the jet and actually followed EMCON 2. It was consecutive miracles! Ram on the bright side, at least you didn't brief FTF BFM only to find out MX has one A/A jet and one 2 bag/SUU/TGP jet. Thanks guys...

On 2nd thought, Bullet brings up a good point...must have been Chuck Norris. It's the only logical explanation.

Edited by brabus

Don't refuel from RODN jets then.

Keep it up, we have better legs then any -15C or -22, fact. Bingo'd out a 2 ship of Eagles and me and my wingman got a 6k and a 3k before be had to go home.

Edited by matmacwc

Don't refuel from RODN jets then.

That's usually what happens when they CNX 99.69% of the time.

Chuck Norris does not eat anything with "pocket" in its name.

What about your mom's flesh pocket? Everyone's had a bit of that.

Still 'nyet' on the Rooskies showing up for RF...

pix071012russiaTH.jpg

More Details on 'Nyet' Flag: Russian news reports—and other news outlets that picked up the story last week—claiming that Russia would send fighters to an upcoming Red Flag exercise are "a complete fabrication," said Air Force spokeswoman Jennifer Cassidy. Russia was indeed supposed to send "working-level observers" to last month's Red Flag-Alaska 12-2, but their participation was canceled "due to reciprocity issues," she told the Daily Report on July 9 without elaboration. Observers at this "unit leadership" or "worker bee" level normally watch the exercise in order to prepare for possible full participation a year in advance, she explained. However, Red Flag participation by actual Russian air force fighters and strike aircraft "was never considered," she said. And, "no further . . . observation/participation" by the Russian air force in Red Flag "is planned at this time," she noted. Nevertheless, a Russian air force one-star general did watch the June exercise as part of an executive observer program. The Air Force could not immediately say whether this was the first time a Russian air force general observed a Red Flag at any level.—John A.

Keep it up, we have better legs then any -15C or -22, fact. Bingo'd out a 2 ship of Eagles and me and my wingman got a 6k and a 3k before be had to go home.

No we don't. And shouldn't it be "than" vice "then"?

• Upvote 1