The Yeager Thread

flynhigh

Or because he's not qualified to fly the jet.. I've heard it both ways.

Clearly the former in this case, seeing as how he took off and landed the jet (probably just to demo how to do it for the pilot):

Yeager flew the F-15 as it took off and landed, said Airman Timothy Young, a Nellis spokesman.

• Upvote 1

EAGLE!!

When is the F-22 going to crush these records? Someone on TR-2 should get on that.

Anyway, It's a cool throw back to history but it certainly doesn't take any skill to fly supersonic in a modern fighter - as long as you can figure how to get the throttles over the hump into afterburner.

It's impressive that he passed his physical at his age though. I wonder how he did in the G-X?

That is pretty cool... and some funky ass music too.

Seems to me that naturally the next thing that we should do, now that Red Bull Stratos has succeeded, is repeat a flight like that with a strike eagle, and then have the guy in back eject right at the top. Watching Felix's balloon go up took way too long, so I think this would be a much better for the future.

I guess they would have to do some modifications to protect the pilot and the rest of the plane during the ejection at such a high altitude, as well as to accomodate pressure suits, etc. I bet it could be done though. I'll chip in $20 if anyone wants to take on this project.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Thread revival!

Looks like Chuck and his new wife is trying to squeeze ever last red cent out of his legacy:

http://www.chuckyeager.com/

Here you can get a personalized autograph from the man himself for the low, low price of $100!

Jeeeze... My kid has his autograph. I will get it from him and sell it to anyone here for $10. That's 90% off!

FM

PS: My kid is 30 y. o. Marine and doesn't care...

Edited by GrndPndr

Big surprise...

http://generalchuckyeager.com.ip4.bz/

Domain Whois Information

DOMAIN: GENERALCHUCKYEAGER.COM

RSP: iDotz.Net - Domain Name Registration Service

owner-contact: P-VQY60

owner-organization: General Chuck Yeager, Inc.

owner-fname: Victoria

owner-lname: Yeager

owner-street: P.O. Box 1507

owner-city: Penn Valley

owner-state: CA

owner-zip: 95946

owner-country:

US owner-phone: +1.53043270**

owner-fax: +1.53043270**

I particularly liked this gem on the website: "Please do not send any Boy Scout letter requests to General Yeager. As he receives over 500 per week; he cannot personally answer ALL of them, so he answers none."

Also:

"PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS TO ASK FOR EAGLE SCOUT COMMENDATION LETTERS. Gen. Yeager believes that a Scout's sense of accomplishment that comes from within is more important than a letter from a stranger"

We should start calling, emailing and faxing Eagle Scout recommendations to these numbers and email address to see if we can crash their system....

Unfornately, people are and will pay the $100 for his autograph and don't see how big of an a-hole he really is.

Edited by Tank

We've talked about Gen. Yeager's attitude (and the reasons behind it) before, and I hesitate further denigrating the man. However, I think the real culprit may well be his present wife, of whom I feel little respect for. Hell, he should be out hunting and fishing until the bitter end, anyway.

Perhaps a focus on her (assuming she is photogenic) would be in order?

FM

• Upvote 1

Well, at least she's smoking hot...

4176226758_7d62e46a96.jpg

Perhaps a focus on her (assuming she is photogenic) would be in order?

FM

I agree that she is at least 50% of the problem and some more focus should be directed toward her. I think the photogenic part is answered.

Thread revival!

Looks like Chuck and his new wife is trying to squeeze ever last red cent out of his legacy:

http://www.chuckyeager.com/

Here you can get a personalized autograph from the man himself for the low, low price of $100!

Send him the picture of Sam Shepard from The Right Stuff to autograph...

12830431_gal.jpg

...and sell it to the Vegas pawn shop for $200. Win/Win.

Send him the picture of Sam Shepard from The Right Stuff to autograph...

12830431_gal.jpg

...and sell it to the Vegas pawn shop for $200. Win/Win.

The Pawn guy would probably only offer $5. Still a win. Especially if it made it to the TV show.

What do you suppose she the foundation is after?

URGENT: If you live in West Virginia, Alabama, or Georgia and have purchased anything from “aviationautographs.com”, or if you attended Maxwell AFB Air Command & Staff College between 1982 and 2000, the General Yeager Foundation needs your help. Please contact editor@chuckyeager.net immediately. Thank you!

URGENT: If you live in West Virginia, Alabama, or Georgia and have purchased anything from “aviationautographs.com”, or if you attended Maxwell AFB Air Command & Staff College between 1982 and 2000, the General Yeager Foundation needs your help. Please contact editor@chuckyeager.net immediately. Thank you!

My guess is $.

• Upvote 1

All they need to do is sell a few of the $10,000 bronze statues of himself and they're back in business.

http://rightstuffstore.com/showitem.php?item_id=67