Completely, 100%, unsubstantiated rumor

ClearedHot

Not really. You're hearing the new Secretary saying we're going to downsize. The end state numbers are being adjusted and the asset retirement plan stays intact. We've done it before and called it a peace dividend.

No, I'm hearing that the F-35 keeps getting slipped further and further to the right and costs going higher and higher.

I cannot imagine a scenario where we start buying the LGOPS off the production line again.

It's what should have been done in the first place.

Not the odds, the cost. Prohibitive.

Compared to what? I think you'll definitely see upgrades in the Viper similar to what has happened with the Eagle, with no viable 5th gen replacement with the numbers or timeline we were promised.

BL, we don't have a manned aircraft solution we can afford.

UCAV.

Retirement home fodder. :beer:

No,...

:beer:

Ugh. Put your fangs back in, I already rolled my squawk in the previous post to this.

I won't point out that you actually seemed to be countering your own arguments with what you said.

So, copy your "kill the counterflow, egressing, wing rocking singleton" call.

Dead man, missiles back. :beer:

Ugh. Put your fangs back in, I already rolled my squawk in the previous post to this.

I won't point out that you actually seemed to be countering your own arguments with what you said.

So, copy your "kill the counterflow, egressing, wing rocking singleton" call.

Dead man, missiles back. :beer:

Red Flag starts on Monday for me, so I appreciate this post.

I actually saw it in writing from a Senator (NJ, if I recall correctly) about three years ago. It was a memo regarding fighter iron flow in the Guard. The message of the memo was that the Guard (homeland defense/ASA specifically) needs a bridge for the bathtub. He mentioned that purchase of 4.5 gen fighters should not be off the table of discussion. It specifically mentioned the later block Vipers and Super Hornets as possibilities. I assume this is where the rumor came from.

Red Flag starts on Monday for me, so I appreciate this post.

Sweet! Good luck and learn your ass off.

FYSA, you only get your missiles back if you shouldn't have reasonably known someone was dead. What I gave Buddy Spike was a gift you won't receive at Nellis. Showtime will punish low SA and allow you to pump all your missiles into an existing fireball if you want to.

Go watch the guys working Showtime during a vul if you get a chance (ask your weapons officer to set it up). It will increase your SA 10x.

Sweet! Good luck and learn your ass off.

FYSA, you only get your missiles back if you shouldn't have reasonably known someone was dead. What I gave Buddy Spike was a gift you won't receive at Nellis. Showtime will punish low SA and allow you to pump all your missiles into an existing fireball if you want to.

Go watch the guys working Showtime during a vul if you get a chance (ask your weapons officer to set it up). It will increase your SA 10x.

No Showtime for me...I'm going to the one you probably know as Cope Thunder. PACAF has its own Red Flag now, ya hear? I think the RTO's callsign is TwoBears or something like that.

It's my second time around. Not exactly my first rodeo, but I'm no expert yet.

There might be some hornets there that I can get a look at. The thought of ANG units flying hornets is just strange. I've heard some good things about the E/F variants...

No Showtime for me...I'm going to the one you probably know as Cope Thunder. PACAF has its own Red Flag now, ya hear? I think the RTO's callsign is TwoBears or something like that.

Yes, it used to be Cope T it is Two Bears. Same advice applies, go watch them run a vul if you have the clnc.

Speaking of Cope T, it used to be at Clark AB...in the Disneyland for adults.

If Clark was still open I would be suggesting you go after this patch...

2161352440051634853ozBwdD_th.jpg

I'm just sayin'...

Yes, it used to be Cope T it is Two Bears. Same advice applies, go watch them run a vul if you have the clnc.

Speaking of Cope T, it used to be at Clark AB...in the Disneyland for adults.

If Clark was still open I would be suggesting you go after this patch...

2161352440051634853ozBwdD_th.jpg

I'm just sayin'...

Why watch a VUL when it's more fun to be IN the VUL? You can always watch the shot eval...but don't be late to say STOP! (Pk miss for gross buffoonery.)

Fairbanks night life has its fun if you know where to find it, but I can't imagine it's anything like Clark was back in the ol' Dubya Dubya 'Nam days. :sigh: Sometimes I think I was born 20 years too late.

Why watch a VUL when it's more fun to be IN the VUL? You can always watch the shot eval...but don't be late to say STOP! (Pk miss for gross buffoonery.)

I'm not saying come off the schedule to do this.

Listening to both sets of comm and listening to the real time Two Bears pairings and shot eval at zero kts and 1G will give you SA you will never get flying in a vul or sitting through the debrief shot eval. It will improve your ability to build a mind's eye picture on your next sortie 10x.

I don't care if you do it or not. I'm just giving you, and anyone else who has a squadron weapons officer that can set up a learning event like this, some free advice.

And OBTW, I'm familiar with the Fairbanks nightlife...I was stationed at Eielson. Believe me, there's no Nipa Hut or Fire Empire in Fairbanks. The Alaska Bush Compnay in Anchorage isn't bad for talent (in the summer) but ain't nothing like what we're talking about.

Oh my...I need a break/nap. I'm too old to be thinking about the days of my youth...

• 3 weeks later...

The U.S. Air Force will work to standardize the pay systems of the active duty, Air National Guard and Reserve forces, but it does not plan to pursue a proposal to merge the Guard and Reserve, the service's chief of staff said.

The retired generals who propose the merger say it could save billions of dollars and improve U.S. security, but current service leaders say it's too big an undertaking just now, particularly as the service prepares for recapitalization and budget uncertainty.

http://www.defensenews.com/story.php?i=7500382&c=AME&s=AIR

I'm not saying come off the schedule to do this.

Listening to both sets of comm and listening to the real time Two Bears pairings and shot eval at zero kts and 1G will give you SA you will never get flying in a vul or sitting through the debrief shot eval. It will improve your ability to build a mind's eye picture on your next sortie 10x.

Agreed. I went and watched during my first RF and it was a great learning experience. Definitely wouldn't get off the schedule to do it, but nobody flies every single day...there's going to be at least one day you can watch the vul over the RTO's shoulder. Definitely recommend it.

That program should be toast! Total POS!

How about you give the C27J program back since you think so much about it and we will apologize for our COS giving away the most efficient acquisition program ever completed by the Army. But at least it did save the FCS system. No wait....we lost that too and still didn't get the aircraft. Bitterman, table for one please.

Edited by OverTQ

How about you give the C27J program back since you think so much about it and we will apologize for our COS giving away the most efficient acquisition program ever completed by the Army. But at least it did save the FCS system. No wait....we lost that too and still didn't get the aircraft. Bitterman, table for one please.

From all the guys I've talked to, that have flown it, they would gladly give it back...they never wanted it anyway. That program seems to be a fuck job from the beginning!

No need to apologize to me, I could give two shits about that plane. Other than the fact that is seems like a waste of $$$.

Me give it back? Look, I'm kinda a big deal....but i'm not sure I have that kind of pull! I'll see what I can do! :beer:

kind-of-a-big-deal.gif

Maybe where the rumor in the first post originated?

Bob Dorr is a complete douchebag. I have had a couple run-ins with the guy. Believe absolutely nothing the writes.

Never talk to the media.

Technique only.

Ah yes, I've heard of that technique.

FWIW, he contacted me for interviews several times and I told him to fuck off each time. Then he showed up at a couple events where I was speaking. The blow ups were ref me getting him tossed because he falsely represented to others at the events that he was writing an article with my sanction and was interviewing people about me.

When challenged he is an expert at recreating history.

BL: He's a bitch.