All Female F-15E Mission

MCO

I'm just surprised they found enough qualified mx females to do this pr stunt. If anything went wrong did they have a all female CSAR on standby?

• Upvote 1

Did the actually have Dudette on the ATO?

No--hence the "WTF moment" when we heard it (actual call sign is DUDE). Initial thought was a gal making a burning-bra type statement (insert video of Hotlips Hoolihan: "I'm a 'Ma'am'!"). Immediate second thought was "who gives a shit--next topic."

Given the PA nature of the flight (value added or not), it makes more sense in retrospect....

No--hence the "WTF moment" when we heard it (actual call sign is DUDE). Initial thought was a gal making a burning-bra type statement (insert video of Hotlips Hoolihan: "I'm a 'Ma'am'!"). Immediate second thought was "who gives a shit--next topic."

Given the PA nature of the flight (value added or not), it makes more sense in retrospect....

You're wrong. The actual callsign of that flight was Dudette 07.

Christ...I get it...women fly fighters...so un-news.

We are failing as a service...trying to hard when we keep propagating these stories.

The best pilot I've ever flown with....well actually the second best, was a woman...she was a phenomenal pilot with great airmanship and instincts...but in the end who fucking cares....move on...we have so many other REAL issues to deal with.

Edited by ClearedHot
  • Upvote 4

"2" on what Fury said, but at the same rate (rant on), when is enough going to be enough? I'm personally sick of being told on an ALMOST DAILY basis by commanders, MEO etc. that the Air Force operates in a "color/sex/ethnicity" blind environment. As far as I can tell, it is openly favoring some if its personnel based SOLELY upon their color, religion or gender. How much more divisive can we possibly get?? At this pace, the next big PA article might as well be on a tanker crew consisting entirely of dudes who have dogs. "RARE BREED - MUST LOVE DOGS!" The inanity of this type of "reporting" is unacceptable. Fine. You're a woman who flies/flies in a fighter. You're obviously better than me and the rest of the dudes out there because we have balls. I forgot that's considered a handicap now. You know what - if it's so important that the Air Force and the public see women performing all these jobs, then maybe we ought to let them. Go for it. 80% of the Air Force can just pack up and seek other employment - cuz you know what? The DUDETTES have this handled! THANK GOD! (Rant off)

• Upvote 4

You're wrong. The actual callsign of that flight was Dudette 07.

It was a callsign change. Apparently the LNO was also a chick, and was pushing back on a friggin' O-6 when he didn't want to change the callsign in the ATO for one flight.

Hm, fair enough--my mistake. I should have said, the normal callsign is DUDE; I didn't investigate to see if there'd been a one-time change. In any case, big "2" to everyone saying that this sort of reporting is counterproductive....

EDIT: double post

Edited by Jughead

Hm, fair enough--my mistake. I should have said, the normal callsign is DUDE; I didn't investigate to see if there'd been a one-time change. In any case, big "2" to everyone saying that this sort of reporting is counterproductive....

EDIT: double post

Another few months and we'll be reading about all homosexual F-15E crews....

Guest CAVEMAN

The real problem here is the fact that some people see the need to comment over something like this. This thread should have gone without a single post. But guess what, we have three pages and counting.

The real problem here is the fact that some people see the need to comment over something like this. This thread should have gone without a single post. But guess what, we have three pages and counting.

Definition:

Irony- see above.

• Upvote 3

It's the desert dude. 1, 1, 1, 1.

Classic. From a relatively short-tour desert standpoint, 0,1,1,1.

The next big question to make news is, what would all of their "preferences" be to a picture of four dudes - 0,0,0,0 after DADT is repealed.

Why? Folks on here point out AF buffoonery all the time, how is this PA stunt any different than the thread about the new ABUs or leadership at a certain "non-disclosed location"?

Air Force2.jpg

Wouldn't, would, wouldn't, would.

Thank god none of them were wearing a morale patch. And a big "2"

One question though? What's with the black velcro on desert uni's? Isn't that against some AF-36.....reg?

I think it's just blacked out nametags. Could be wrong though.

I thought the same thing.

Plaster their names and pictures all over the place, but make sure you can't see their name tags!

Fucking genius.

Guest CAVEMAN

Definition:

Irony- see above.

Why? Folks on here point out AF buffoonery all the time, how is this PA stunt any different than the thread about the new ABUs or leadership at a certain "non-disclosed location"?

It is no news that AF leadership these days is a joke. But this never ending continual posting of comments like whinny little bitches kinda gets old. Wouldn't y'all agree with me? Even the newbies, wet around the ears have their little $0.2 to add. If there is this much whining, who then is running the place amok? Most of you whinny little bitches wouldn't have enough sack to make changes when you finally get into a position to do so.

Rather than mentoring a generation of quiet professionals, we have a generation of whiners. Guess what, you have only added to the problem - Mediocre whiners!

Would the leadership on here step up and clean house. It is a culture that needs to be changed.

The US Air Force is here to stay.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 9

It is no news that AF leadership these days is a joke. But this never ending continual posting of comments like whinny little bitches kinda gets old. Wouldn't y'all agree with me? Even the newbies, wet around the ears have their little $0.2 to add. If there is this much whining, who then is running the place amok? Most of you whinny little bitches wouldn't have enough sack to make changes when you finally get into a position to do so.

Rather than mentoring a generation of quiet professionals, we have a generation of whiners. Guess what, you have only added to the problem - Mediocre whiners!

Would the leadership on here step up and clean house. It is a culture that needs to be changed.

The US Air Force is here to stay.

Like this is some kind of new thing? Go grab a doofer book from Desert Storm, or Vietnam, or Korea, and see what kind of world-class sport bitching there is in there. There's no more bitching and whining today than there was at any other point in USAF history; there are just more public outlets for it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Like this is some kind of new thing? Go grab a doofer book from Desert Storm, or Vietnam, or Korea, and see what kind of world-class sport bitching there is in there. There's no more bitching and whining today than there was at any other point in USAF history; there are just more public outlets for it.

If the military in general has one overriding tradition, probably back to Roman times, it's bitching. It's our heritage.

Overheard in 1776: "@*#$%& Washington, getting us up on @*#$%& Christmas night and here we are floating across some &@%#& icy river. Could be *@%@&$ sleeping rather than in this &@%&# leaky boat. Wish he'd just *$%@&! fall in..."

• Upvote 8

If the military in general has one overriding tradition, probably back to Roman times, it's bitching. It's our heritage.

Overheard in 1776: "@*#$%& Washington, getting us up on @*#$%& Christmas night and here we are floating across some &@%#& icy river. Could be *@%@&$ sleeping rather than in this &@%&# leaky boat. Wish he'd just *$%@&! fall in..."

or "That !$@# Hannibal, got us taking a $*!#% circus over these #$#%! mountains. "

Edit: and there's this gem...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aynjd00np2I

Edited by B*D*A
  • Upvote 3