Classic Thread - Security Forces (SFS) Tales

Ferg

Not that easy when you're going through an enlisted tech school. When I went through, you couldn't get off base privileges for quite a while, and sneaking a chick into your dorm room was some mission impossible type shit. Had a buddy try to get a room at the Inn and got turned in by the staff after they asked for his phase card. You'd be amazed at some of the places people got busted doing it at Sheppard. Having said that, I opted for the mission impossible route...luckily never got caught.

I would never do such a thing, but the B-52 on the fake flightline was a popular place to hook up. From what I heard. I don't even know what a B-52 looks like. Or anything about the escape hatches.

• Upvote 1

I would never do such a thing, but the B-52 on the fake flightline was a popular place to hook up. From what I heard. I don't even know what a B-52 looks like. Or anything about the escape hatches.

That's good, because the static display aircraft are checked for radiation level annually, and sometime they come back higher than normal. Usually from the instrument panel dials.

• 4 weeks later...

When I was deployed my fellow stage manager and I had to flip on who would go to the group staff meetings because we actually wanted to go because the SF/CC would brief the OG/CC on all the security and disciplinary infractions on base-many of which were hilarious. This did not surprise me, but the vast majority of incidents every week were from SF. They were caught hooking up in dark C-17s, conexes, and disgustingly enough, in porta johns. Many also fell asleep in their cars while "protecting" the flight line. Here's to the guys who are supposed to protect the force!

I don't doubt that. @ Al Dhafra our boom went back to the ARO to start his preflight when he caught two SF airmen doing the hibbity dibbity back there in the dark. A slow clap was initiated by all who were there when they exited.

• Upvote 2

Not SFS, but I caught two maintainers fucking in the boom pod of a -135. Had the APU on for power and the ladder pulled, which was weird to begin with. When I went back to Ops I made sure my crew never flew that tail.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not SFS, but I caught two maintainers fucking in the boom pod of a -135. Had the APU on for power and the ladder pulled, which was weird to begin with. When I went back to Ops I made sure my crew never flew that tail.

Yes, because no one else has ever screwed in a 135... Ever. And, when I was a maintainer, my nuts were never put on the boomers chin rest... Ever.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Anyone else have sky cops writing municipal tickets on base? Buddy got pulled over on base and was given a township citation for 7 mph over. So much for just telling your CC the sky cops got you, now it hits your license and can potentially make your insurance premiums go up. Apparently this was an agreement made to give sky cops some jurisdiction in town and real cops jurisdiction on base, but that's all rumor as far as I can tell.

Who is the "leader" that thought this is a good idea. Way to take care of your people and solve problems at the lowest level.

When I was at Vance a local cop came on base and gave a shitload of bullshit parking, etc. tickets out one day. Technically he had jurisdiction. But on a good note, the SFS/CC and WG/CC lost their shit when they found out and ripped the local cops a new one - all tickets were thrown out.

I know at vance the housing property and school fall under local jurisdiction, which is BS but that's an established agreement. But SF handles security and enforcement, unless there is an investigation in which SF will secure the scene and then hand it over to the local cops.

Some bases have this authority; not all. 1805's versus 1408's if I remember correctly. An 1805 gets you a date with the magistrate judge and a 1408 gets you a date with your CC. This is nothing new and has been going on for years.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Some bases have this authority; not all. 1805's versus 1408's if I remember correctly. An 1805 gets you a date with the magistrate judge and a 1408 gets you a date with your CC. This is nothing new and has been going on for years.

Wow...why do you know that? That you do if you're not a former cop is kind of a what's wrong with the air force thing, I think.

Relax man. I'm saying that he has SF form numbers memorized means he's had to learn them for one reason or another. Even if he is a commander, I'd rather my commander spent his brain bytes on other things than having to remember form numbers from the cops. It wasn't meant as an insult to him.

Relax man. I'm saying that he has SF form numbers memorized means he's had to learn them for one reason or another. Even if he is a commander, I'd rather my commander spent his brain bytes on other things than having to remember form numbers from the cops. It wasn't meant as an insult to him.

Yes I was an SP at one point in my career. On another note, I have also been a Sq/CC so guilty on both charges. Some things just don't go away unfortunately, but google will also give you those form numbers if you look hard enough.

I always thought it was funny when you ask someone where some base agency is located and they tell you building XXX. I have never been able to remember a building number or use them to locate an organization...to each his own I suppose.

Edited by Herk Driver
  • Upvote 1

I always thought it was funny when you ask someone where some base agency is located and they tell you building XXX. I have never been able to remember a building number or use them to locate an organization...

This!

I always thought it was funny when you ask someone where some base agency is located and they tell you building XXX.

The best part is the end when you say "no" and they act so annoyed/shocked you don't know.

Many times jurisdiction depends on who owns the land. There are many places where there is a lease or easement in place so that even though it is outside the perimeter fence, it is still AF owned (or vice versa)

I've never understood the aversion to using street names and addresses like the rest of the civilized world.

It's a fact that at every AF base, they use complex algorithms to determine bldg numbers. For example, bldg 101 is located right by bldg 1469 which is on the opposite of base from bldg 102.

I wonder how many non reflective Airmen have been struck by cars driven by drunk people looking at building numbers and not the road?

Now my brain hurts.