Red Bull Air Race crash (lucky dude)

contraildash

Call me gay, but the sweet sounds of Shepard Smith could put me to sleep. To steal a bit from Family Guy..."Coming up next: Handsome man recaps news in pleasing baritone...more on that...later."

Gay. (I couldn't resist.)

Definitely better than your jokes! Zing :aviator:

Fair enough. My point stands...this guy's obviously a good pilot, it's obvious that he was very lucky to escape this incident with no more than minor scrapes and bruises, and the first thing Sky_King thinks of is his accent.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Saw that a few days after it happened, although not that particular video. There's a bunch of different angles on it, almost hit some folks in the field.

Rough stuff. At first glance, its very reminiscent of the T-Bird at Mountain Home.

Godspeed

edit: taking out speculation

Edited by contraildash

• 1 month later...

There's much better video over at the Red Bull website. Tons of slo-mo cameras from multiple angles that show just how close he came to not flying out of that.

I used to fly with Hall at Seymour when he was on his exchange tour -- a great dude and an equally great pilot. Happy to see him get out of that one unscathed.

Edited by Hacker

There's much better video over at the Red Bull website. Tons of slo-mo cameras from multiple angles that show just how close he came to not flying out of that.

I used to fly with Hall at Seymour when he was on his exchange tour -- a great dude and an equally great pilot. Happy to see him get out of that one unscathed.

um...wow

edit link, video is on homepage now

Edited by contraildash

• 2 weeks later...