Alleged rape at SERE

Flare

http://www.kxly.com/news/21386664/detail.html

FAIRCHILD AIR FORCE BASE -- A Spokane man has been arrested in connection with a sheriff’s office investigation into the rape of a woman inside an interrogation room at Fairchild Air Force Base’s SERE School.

Michael Fassbender, 32, has been arrested and charged with raping a woman early Tuesday morning inside an interrogation room at the Survival Training Center at Fairchild. Fassbender made his first court appearance Wednesday where he was charged with 1st Degree Rape.

His bond has been set at $20,000, the judge calling his alleged crime exceptionally violent.

Court documents allege Fassbender squeezed the victim's throat until she was unconscious. The victim told detectives she thought Fassbender was going to kill her.

When detectives arrived, they found a considerable amount of physical evidence in the interrogation room.

Fassbender is an employee with SERE Solutions, a Spokane-based company which contracts instructors to work in SERE School programs such as Fairchild’s SERE School. However, whencontacted about Fassbender’s employment, all questions were referred to Fairchild Air Force Base.

The airbase, when contacted about Fassbender’s status, referred all questions to the Spokane County Sheriff’s Office.

My biggest question is how the FUCK did this guy think he was going to get away with it when EVERYTHING there is recorded on video?

Also, these guys are subject to all kinds of crazy psychological testing on a pretty frequent basis...just to make sure they're "right" for the job.

If Big Blue handles this the wrong way, it's bye-bye to a really great training program.

The text of the article is misleading. If you watch the video of the news clip on the link they say that he had taken a date back to the RT camp to "show her where he worked." The written article makes it sound like it happened during RT.

Raises the question of what kind of dude takes a chick to RT on a date.

The text of the article is misleading. If you watch the video of the news clip on the link they say that he had taken a date back to the RT camp to "show her where he worked." The written article makes it sound like it happened during RT.

You're right...the way the article is worded is very misleading. I hadn't watched the video. That changes things a lot.

What kind of a dude takes a chick to RT on a date? The same kind that fills-out a job application at SERE Solutions.

The contractors or the military instructors? I had no idea we were using civilians as SERE instructors. My initial reaction is I don't like the idea.

You didn't know some of those dudes were civilians? Or are you saying you didn't realize they were contract (vs DOD) civilians?

Not "civilians," "contractors"...

With over 50 employees, SERE Solutions, Inc (SSI) is one of the nation's leading contractors providing Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape (SERE), Peacetime Governmental Detention (PGD), and Hostage Detention (HD) training to the U.S. government.

I would be most--if not all--have prior military experience.

Don't blame the company for one idiot employee...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Fassbender

Ok. I know it's not him. But how many 32 year old Michael Fassbenders can there really be?

"One year after his success at the Cannes Film Festival with Hunger, he appeared in two films. First was Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds, in which he played the British officer Lieutenant Archie Hicox."

Edited by usaf36031

With no criminal record of any kind, it sounds to me like the dude just snapped. I bet he's half way to Canada.

Fairchild rape suspect free on bond

Rob Kauder | Internet Content Manager, KXLY.com

Posted: 1:51 pm PDT October 22, 2009

SPOKANE -- Michael Fassbender, the man arrested earlier this week for the rape of a woman at Fairchild Air Force Base's SERE School, has posted a bond and is out of the Spokane County Jail.

Fassbender, who is facing a 1st Degree Rape charge, posted the $20,000 bond Wednesday evening around 8 p.m.

Turnaround is fair play. He'll be enjoying some butt interrogation in a federal pound-me-in-the-ass prision soon. What a shithead, if this actually happended during RT, then they absolutely need to throw the book at this son of a bitch.

It's no worse than having the young enlisted instructors "training" officers

Yeah this big brick shithouse "trained" (beat the shit out of) me during one interrogation.

Honestly it would be a waste if any part of this training was changed because of this.

chicken or beef?

cheers :beer:

When I read this story, this guy's face popped into my cranium...just because I was thinking "I bet it was that guy," but I didn't have a face to go with the memory of the name.

After seeing that MySpace photo, it looks like my hunch was correct.

Wish I wasn't at work so I could see the d-bag's picture. Like Fury220, I have a hunch of who it was...

edit: not who I was thinking. But I do remember that guy...

Edited by JarheadBoom

This guy!

buffalo-bill.jpg

As awful as it sounds - this kind of thing happens all too often. The only reason this is "news" is because it has to do with the U.S. Military. Don't get me wrong, I loved/hated the training I got up there and I think this is awful... I just dont like the fact that this specific case made headlines when so many other cases went completly uncovered (sts).

I hope this one case doesn't cause too many ripples in the SERE community...