WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

A well placed right hook solved my "bullying" problems in high school... Just sayin...

That worked back in the day, but this is the "zero tolerance" era. Expect to get suspended/expelled/arrested today for defending yourself so the school can hide from any hint of a lawsuit. Also same results for leaving a steak knife from your catering job in your car in the school parking lot*.

*Seen both these happen mid 90s, I have no doubt the situation has gotten worse since then.

Also same results for leaving a steak knife from your catering job in your car in the school parking lot*.

I guess that depends on where you grew up. A classmate of mine borrowed his dads truck, to drive to school on day. He didn't even think about the 30-30 hanging on the gun rack in the window of said truck. He just got pulled out of class and told to take it home...only after someone driving by called the school to report it. (circa 2000)

Back to your regularly scheduled program

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlhb-qv3wLo

That worked back in the day, but this is the "zero tolerance" era. Expect to get suspended/expelled/arrested today for defending yourself so the school can hide from any hint of a lawsuit. Also same results for leaving a steak knife from your catering job in your car in the school parking lot*.

*Seen both these happen mid 90s, I have no doubt the situation has gotten worse since then.

Eh. It's been that way for a long time. I got suspended on all three of the fights I had in school- only one of which I started. This was in the 80's.

Eh. It's been that way for a long time. I got suspended on all three of the fights I had in school- only one of which I started. This was in the 80's.

But somehow we all successfully finished school, got jobs, and became normal functioning adults (despite getting grades that weren't As, sitting in detention, and getting in minor skirmishes). There's a reason it's called adolescences, because no one knows how to act. Parents need to wake up and realize life is not perfect for your child on purpose, because they are being prepared for LIFE. The more they are coddled, protected, and put on a idol-istic platform of porcelain, honey, and blue #1 ribbons the less likely they will ever be able to handle simple disappointments when reality sets in.

Obviously, there are extremes (6 sigma-probabilities) that things get out of hand with respect to bullying, fighting, etc. But I would rather my children learn to stand up for themselves and take their medicine (i.e. suspension) then live in fear of the bully AND the institution.... After all it's the American way, you can't hold a whole school responsible for the behavior of a few sick, perverted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole school district? And if the whole school district is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg ... isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do what you want to the school, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America! Gentlemen!

Can we split this off into a bullying thread? You guys are really fucking up the mojo of the WTF thread.

Valid.

Can we split this off into a bullying thread? You guys are really fucking up the mojo of the WTF thread.

Sorry, I tried to steer it back on track a couple posts ago... everyone (including myself) seems to feel the need to get the last word in. I'll cease and desist from this point on.

Edited by Vertigo

I guess Trey Parker and Matt Stone frequent BO, because they just did an episode about bullying on South Park last night...

http://www.southpark...e05-butterballs

Or the movie "Bully" opens this weekend and they're trying to stay topical.

Nah.

I knew there was a reason I don't like Texas...

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/quirkies/Cops_threaten_nude_housemaids

Police in Texas say a woman who set up a nude housemaid service could face a heavy fine unless she covers up.

Nope. Cheekbones are too high. It's a dead giveaway.

Even before I clicked your link...I'm thinking "that's probably a tranny."

Maybe I've spent too much time in Asia, but it's easy to spot.

Copy VID lesson learned.

I'm sure no one would want to relearn that one and I imagine a person would come up with some fail safe techniques to make sure that never happened again...