WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

Who doesn't like to get tanked and go to the museum?!?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/05/colorado-woman-punches-urinates-near-30m-painting/?test=latestnews

Colorado Woman Allegedly Punches, Urinates Near $30M Painting

DENVER – A Colorado woman was arrested after allegedly pulling down her pants and punching a $30 million painting -- before urinating against it.

Carmen Tisch, 36, is accused of causing $10,000 worth of damage to the Clyfford Still oil-on-canvas last week at a Denver museum dedicated to the late abstract artist.

Tisch was believed to have been drunk when she attacked the 9.5-foot artwork, entitled "1957-J-No.2," at around 3:30pm local time on Dec 29, the Denver Post reported.

She pulled her pants down in the Clyfford Still Museum, according to a police report, and leaned against the iconic painting, before punching it.

She then slid down the artwork and urinated on herself, according to the criminal case against her.

"It doesn't appear she urinated on the painting or that the urine damaged it, so she's not being charged with that," Denver District Attorney's Office spokeswoman Lynn Kimbrough said Wednesday.

Authorities said the work, which is valued between $30 million and $40 million, had visible scratches on it as a result of the attack.

Ivar Zeile, owner of Denver's Plus Gallery, said that it may be possible to restore the painting, but the value could be affected.

"It does damage the piece, though, even people just knowing that happened," he said.

Tisch was charged with criminal mischief and was being held Thursday in the Denver County Jail on $20,000 bond. She was due to appear in Denver County Court Friday morning.

Clyfford Still, from North Dakota, was one of the leading figures of Abstract Expressionism in the 20th century.

The museum, which opened on Nov. 18, holds around 2,400 paintings, drawings, prints, and sculptures from the artist's 60-year body of work.

Vietnam surgery removes tumor twice man's weight

"The excised tumor weighed 180 pounds (82 kilos), according to the hospital, a bit less than the 200 pounds (90 kilos) estimated before surgery."

There is picture from before the surgery.

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t3

Holy Shit! There has to be a point way before it gets that big where you think to yourself, "I should probably get this looked at/removed"

Vietnam surgery removes tumor twice man's weight

"The excised tumor weighed 180 pounds (82 kilos), according to the hospital, a bit less than the 200 pounds (90 kilos) estimated before surgery."

There is picture from before the surgery.

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t3

" The cost of the surgery was estimated at $20,000." What would the surgery cost in the US?

" The cost of the surgery was estimated at $20,000." What would the surgery cost in the US?

Probably a lot more because the surgeon wouldn't be slicing and dicing pro bono.

The hospital said it is financing all the traveling costs and accommodation for McKinnon, who is performing the surgery free of charge.

They Photoshopped thir own camera crew out of one of the pics they released - wouldn't surprise me if this is another Photochop.

The media is claiming otherwise...

The disappearance of an entire television crew in certain photographs from the late North Korean leader's memorial service led international news agency Reuters to claim the set of images had been digitally altered, but the recurrence of the 'giant' soldier in more than one picture, and viewed from all angles, suggest he is person not pixels.

And speculation is that it is North Korean basketball star Ri Myung Hun, who is 7' 8.5" (about a half inch shorter than than the tallest known male in the world (鲍喜顺) who is "only" 7 ft 9 in).

But even in these pics, "Michael" Hun (as he likes to be called, after Michael Jordan) doesn't appear nearly as tall as the "soldier" in the picture....

article-1325255600580-00578A8F00000258-632945_466x310.jpg

But those may be other NK basketball players with him, so the difference would not be as noticeable!

The media is claiming otherwise...

And speculation is that it is North Korean basketball star Ri Myung Hun, who is 6' 8.5" (about a half inch shorter than than the tallest known male in the world (鲍喜顺) who is "only" 7 ft 9 in).

But even in these pics, "Michael" Hun (as he likes to be called, after Michael Jordan) doesn't appear nearly as tall as the "soldier" in the picture....

article-1325255600580-00578A8F00000258-632945_466x310.jpg

But those may be other NK basketball players with him, so the difference would not be as noticeable!

Wait...is the story wrong about his height, or is it just a reading comprehension failure? 6' 8.5" is NOT half an inch shy of 7' 9".

Anyone that tall is gonna make a great target on day one. Imagine how deep he has to dig his foxhole.

Sorry, typo, he's 7' 8.5" and at one point considered the tallest man in the world.

Break. break.

Why do I suspect there is at least one person from BaseOps in this video? And it's not me...

Maybe a 'WTF?' but also kinda funny for the few of us that were actually around when Journey released this song!

Rainman?

LOL.

A friend of mine sent the picture of the NDAK giant a few days ago and recalled a time when five of us went up to check out Farmland (Ja Yeon Nong Won). The smallest guy in the group was 6'3"/220lbs and the people were stopping in their tracks and staring at us because we looked like the guy in the NDAK photo compared to the rest of the crowd. The kids were the most amazed, they were talking and pointing. That's still funny to me.

Edited by Rainman A-10

Guest timewilltell

Why do I suspect there is at least one person from BaseOps in this video? And it's not me...

....funny you say that, but all three went to my High School. The "Lead Singer" of in the video is my best friend from High School... Is that close enough? We graduated in '05. PM me if you want more info

Edited by timewilltell
  • Upvote 1

....funny you say that, but all three went to my High School. The "Lead Singer" of in the video is my best friend from High School... Is that close enough? We graduated in '05. PM me if you want more info

No shit, eh? That's cool. We were out in the Texas Hill Country last weekend and that song was on the radio, it'd been years since I last heard it so I looked it up on U-tube which is where I found the vid. Most of these types of videos bomb, but this one was pretty funny. Props to your buds for making old guy laugh...